Closed Thread
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 217

Thread: New Bachelorette

  1. #131
    Romantic Dreamer Love_Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,843

    Re: New Bachelorette

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3867916;
    It's funny, I went up and down with Ali on Jake's show. The first date, liked her a lot. The fights with Vienna, couldn't stand her. The HTD, started liking her again. The drama in the hallway and the looooong goodbye, couldn't stand her. With Ali the producers of this show get what they love, a polarizing figure who can be both charming and a drama queen. Some will love her and some will hate her. I totally get why they chose her for the lead and it's really got nothing to do with being "America's Sweetheart" and more to do with the ability to play the role they intend for her, IMO.

    I'm pleased, because I won't be emotionally involved (again) and hopefully will just enjoy the craziness. When does it start again?
    Ali's season starts May 24th !
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

  2. #132
    FORT Fogey happy2bme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,533

    Re: New Bachelorette

    Quote Originally Posted by eclark;3867874;
    I agree with this. It does not make anyone the "bad" guy for going after the public exposure. The hallway crying was just too much. I wish it had been edited out. But every season has those "oh, come on..this is too much" events. I wonder what crying scenes they'll have for her season...
    I disagree that Ali was going after the public exposure. I think like everyone else she was on a reality show, this one in particular to find love. I think to her surprise she found it. She herself said that she did not think "in a million" years she would have come to the show and fall in love. Her emotions were real and not contrived. She wanted out of the show because she herself did not want to be rejected. She honestly felt, that if her feelings were real and Jake's were too, that the show did not matter and that they would find each other when the show ended. Obvious, Jake did not want her back, he being loyal to the show 100%. In the week or two that she wasn't there he already moved on with the other girls. She had no idea that she would be asked to do the bette. The show stopped filming right before Thanksgiving and she was asked in February if she wanted to do it. She had been back to work by then and gave it a lot of thought. Her crying scenes were real. CH even said so. She had been trying to make up her mind about staying or going back to work for "hours". CH said that the final scene with Ali took several hours to film and even lingered into the night. He finally had to come back into the room and ask her if she had made up her mind. She really had a hard time with it. She admits that the "journey" to find love works. She does not care that she finds it on tv.

    You do not have to believe any of this, but I believe it is true because it has been said so much and with such consistency that there is no reason not to believe it.

    MF and TB franchise love Ali, she is/was their first choice. CH has said that "America has falling in love with you".

  3. #133
    Team Gremily! Noobslueth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,166

    Re: New Bachelorette

    Quote Originally Posted by happy2bme;3868423;
    I disagree that Ali was going after the public exposure. I think like everyone else she was on a reality show, this one in particular to find love. I think to her surprise she found it. She herself said that she did not think "in a million" years she would have come to the show and fall in love. Her emotions were real and not contrived. She wanted out of the show because she herself did not want to be rejected. She honestly felt, that if her feelings were real and Jake's were too, that the show did not matter and that they would find each other when the show ended. Obvious, Jake did not want her back, he being loyal to the show 100%. In the week or two that she wasn't there he already moved on with the other girls. She had no idea that she would be asked to do the bette. The show stopped filming right before Thanksgiving and she was asked in February if she wanted to do it. She had been back to work by then and gave it a lot of thought. Her crying scenes were real. CH even said so. She had been trying to make up her mind about staying or going back to work for "hours". CH said that the final scene with Ali took several hours to film and even lingered into the night. He finally had to come back into the room and ask her if she had made up her mind. She really had a hard time with it. She admits that the "journey" to find love works. She does not care that she finds it on tv.

    You do not have to believe any of this, but I believe it is true because it has been said so much and with such consistency that there is no reason not to believe it.

    MF and TB franchise love Ali, she is/was their first choice. CH has said that "America has falling in love with you".
    I completely agree with everything you said... However, if she decides to throw a Meanna temper tantrum then I might have to start to question her a bit more.

    Actual air time of each contestant is soooo short. I don't think it's fair to judge based on the air time that TPTB decide to show as it fits into the contestants particualr storyline they choose for them. I guess I am reserving judgment for when she takes center stage.... I am crossing my fingers she does not disappoint. Truth is she is a such a polarizing person (which TPTB love) that it is almost certain that some point she is going to be offensive to someone. If she was the perfect "America's sweetheart" 24/7 I would question that she was a stepford wife in training... talk about boring. Bring on the prefabricated drama!!!

  4. #134
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,964

    Re: New Bachelorette

    Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3868582;
    If she was the perfect "America's sweetheart" 24/7 I would question that she was a stepford wife in training... talk about boring.
    Which is exactly why Tenley was NOT asked to be the Bachelorette.

    About all the stuff Ali said about coming on this for true love....I think they are coached so much using these terms when doing their interviews that to me they all come off as fake when they claim to really, truly be there for true love. It's just the really astute ones who can make this language sound remotely sincere, the ones who know the game to play and what to say to get 1. more air time or 2. a better or more involved storyline or 3. their own show.

    Do I sound cynical? *sigh* I think after so many seasons of this I'm now permanently planted in the "fake, fake, fake" mindset when it comes to this show.

  5. #135
    FORT Fogey GuardianAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    4,586

    Re: New Bachelorette

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3868613;
    Which is exactly why Tenley was NOT asked to be the Bachelorette.

    About all the stuff Ali said about coming on this for true love....I think they are coached so much using these terms when doing their interviews that to me they all come off as fake when they claim to really, truly be there for true love. It's just the really astute ones who can make this language sound remotely sincere, the ones who know the game to play and what to say to get 1. more air time or 2. a better or more involved storyline or 3. their own show.

    Do I sound cynical? *sigh* I think after so many seasons of this I'm now permanently planted in the "fake, fake, fake" mindset when it comes to this show.
    That is exactly what has happened to me this season. When it comes to Ali, she was there for one reason IMO and that was to be the next bachelorette. Bloomers excellent job of analyzing the edit, certainly proved it to me with her findings.

    She's a very poor actress, pathetic actually. CH saying she was America's sweetheart and that America has fallen in love with her, should speak for himself. One of the first thing she says is she's going to do is fight to get her F/B job back, the same job she "had" to leave the show for, the same job she was going to leave again because she called Jake and asked if she could come back, the same job she quits shortly after. the same job that she just assumes, the man of her dreams will leave his job and move to SF to be with her?

    I'm not into her style of prom dresses and tennis shoes, or wearing tennis shoes at the RC, but that's just me. I don't think she's beautiful, I think she has funny front teeth, and I hope she does something with her hair other than have it up with obvious roots.

    I'll watch the show, as I have every season, wish her luck in finding what ever it is she's looking for, I hope its love, but I bet it isn't. I just hope I don't see another DeAnna melt down because of lack of attention!
    Last edited by GuardianAngel; 04-02-2010 at 04:06 PM.

  6. #136
    FORT Fanatic Brendaavon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    669

    Re: New Bachelorette

    Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3864203;
    That applies to millions of people who are trying to get jobs. I wouldn’t think employers would be clamoring to hire her, but (shrug) who knows. She’s already had problems – taking a lot of time off, being told to get back to work or get fired, then abruptly quitting so she can do a tv reality show and try to find a husband.
    I really think it's unlikely she'll have an issue getting a job. Look at Jillian,Melissa,Jake etc. everyone seems to end up benefiting from time on TB.
    Personally can't wait to see 25 guys fighting for my favorite girl!!!

  7. #137
    FORT Newbie Altanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    15

    Re: New Bachelorette

    I heard that Ali applied for several Reality shows and was even on another one. Does anyone know which one she was on before?

    I doubt very much if she is ONLY "looking for love" but most single girls always are. She seems much more interested in being a "star" especially after her "acting" on TB. She said in an interview about her crying jag that "if I was acting, I should get an Academy Award." So she not only can't act, she can't tell good acting either.

    Even more than her "nastiness" toward Vienna on TB, I find her to be pretty full of herself in general. Hey, we shall see...everyone deserves to find love.
    "Take the best and leave the rest!"

  8. #138
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,117

    Re: New Bachelorette

    Quote Originally Posted by Altanana;3869886;
    I heard that Ali applied for several Reality shows and was even on another one. Does anyone know which one she was on before?

    I doubt very much if she is ONLY "looking for love" but most single girls always are. She seems much more interested in being a "star" especially after her "acting" on TB. She said in an interview about her crying jag that "if I was acting, I should get an Academy Award." So she not only can't act, she can't tell good acting either.

    Even more than her "nastiness" toward Vienna on TB, I find her to be pretty full of herself in general. Hey, we shall see...everyone deserves to find love.
    It was rumored that she tried out for the Real World and didn't make it before doing the Bachelor. I haven't heard of any other reality shows that Ali has been on. Maybe somebody else knows?
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

  9. #139
    FORT Fogey nd4reality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,405

    Re: New Bachelorette

    Ali better find someone who is self-sufficient and has transferrable skills. Her own skill don't seem to be. Its not like she is self-employed or has any capacity to be (as of now). So hopefully the guy she narrows her search down to is able to support the 2 of them in the near future. Her wish to go back to facebook once this is all over concerns me.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

  10. #140
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,438

    Re: New Bachelorette

    the result of ali's show is not going to be a happily ever after. If she's there to find love, she'll likely find someone to date for a while, if she's there to find a career/fame she'll choose someone who's easily dumped or is able to help her gain notariety. She's already being handsomely compensated for doing this show, so it's not like she'll be jobless and penniless when the show is over, Jobless maybe, penniless, nope.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.