Closed Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: New Bachelorette

FORT Fanatic

Re: New Bachelorette

If things don't work out for Ali I can see here trying to get her job back. But on the other hand. If she does find some one she is in love with, I can see here moving to his home town. Her bio says she has given up her apartment and everything for a chance of love. Since Ali was a very devoted person to her work, and worked many hours. It is possible that she really didn't have alot of off work time to do much. Other than the weekend. So I would think moving to where her guy is, wouldn't be a problem. I can see Ali making friends instantly and not be a problem for her to adjust to a different life style. And who knows. With interviews etc.. there might be more things coming her way, to where she would change her line of work. She has a natural beauty about her that could be a big hit with several companys. So I think Ali will come out of this way better than some in the past.

If things don't work out for Ali I can see here trying to get her job back.
    That applies to millions of people who are trying to get jobs. I wouldn’t think employers would be clamoring to hire her, but (shrug) who knows. She’s already had problems – taking a lot of time off, being told to get back to work or get fired, then abruptly quitting so she can do a tv reality show and try to find a husband.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 03-27-2010 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3864203;
    That applies to millions of people who are trying to get jobs. I wouldn’t think employers would be clamoring to hire her, but (shrug) who knows. She’s already had problems – taking a lot of time off, being told to get back to work or get fired, then abruptly quitting so she can do a tv reality show and try to find a husband.
    I respectfully disagree. Ali's employer, Facebook, has gotten so much publicity off this show without the show ever plugging it's name. Also, since Ali has been on the show the activity on Facebook has gone up quite a bit, thereby increasing revenue from it's sales. Ali is the all American girl. She is the girl-next-door. As someone said somewhere on this site, she is everyone's dtr, everyone's dtrs friend etc. She is more liked than disliked. She was very loyal to Facebook when she chose work over love. Her crying in the hall was real, because she herself stated that she fell in love with Jake. This was after the HTD. The two had gotten very close but she wanted more of a commitment from Jake and of course for obvious reasons, he could not give her one. I remember seeing a scene from her HTD where Jake kissed her passionately that was taken out and another put in it's place. I believe the scene is where he takes his gloves off to kiss her. Originally, the scene I saw, he was holding her hands and had no gloves on and took her face in her hands and gave a really intimate kiss. I am sure it was inapprop for the camera since it was too early to show whom he was starting to fall for.

I believe being the Bachelorette will add to her resume for whatever she wants to do. And, if her season is successful and she comes off smelling like a rose, she may even have more success than others.

Ali, whether you like it or not, is America's sweetheart. And more people are rooting for her than you are aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by happy2bme;3864269;
    I respectfully disagree. Ali's employer, Facebook, has gotten so much publicity off this show without the show ever plugging it's name. Also, since Ali has been on the show the activity on Facebook has gone up quite a bit, thereby increasing revenue from it's sales. Ali is the all American girl. She is the girl-next-door. As someone said somewhere on this site, she is everyone's dtr, everyone's dtrs friend etc. She is more liked than disliked. She was very loyal to Facebook when she chose work over love. Her crying in the hall was real, because she herself stated that she fell in love with Jake. This was after the HTD. The two had gotten very close but she wanted more of a commitment from Jake and of course for obvious reasons, he could not give her one. I remember seeing a scene from her HTD where Jake kissed her passionately that was taken out and another put in it's place. I believe the scene is where he takes his gloves off to kiss her. Originally, the scene I saw, he was holding her hands and had no gloves on and took her face in her hands and gave a really intimate kiss. I am sure it was inapprop for the camera since it was too early to show whom he was starting to fall for.

I believe being the Bachelorette will add to her resume for whatever she wants to do. And, if her season is successful and she comes off smelling like a rose, she may even have more success than others.

Ali, whether you like it or not, is America's sweetheart. And more people are rooting for her than you are aware of.
    Facebook was tremendously popular way before Ali came on the scene. Do you have any evidence or proof - a link. stats, anything whatsoever to prove your assertion that Ali being on The Bachelor has boosted their sales? WHERE are you getting you rinformation? The fact that she worked for Facebook was briefly mentioned. So, let's be realistic. Ali has nothing to do with increased usage of Facebook, especially in view of the fact that she quit. If she was all that valueable, they would have signed her on as a spokesperson. Instead, they let her quit . . .goodbye, Ali.

Ali is hardly America's Sweetheart. Most people in America have no idea who she is. That is a fact. What I like or don't like is here nor there. Doris Day, Shirley Temple, and Mary Tyler Moore, perhaps in their prime they were America's Sweetheart. Ali - ? um, no.

Regardless of who Jake may have "started" to fall for, he told Ali to get lost because of her flakiness and b*tchiness. Her ploy to force his hand backfired. Regardless of who doesn't like it, or how many people continue to be upset about it, Jake is with Vienna.
    Last edited by tango7; 03-27-2010 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3864291;
    Facebook was tremendously popular way before Ali came on the scene. Do you have any evidence or proof - a link. stats, anything whatsoever to prove your assertion that Ali being on The Bachelor has boosted their sales? WHERE are you getting you rinformation? The fact that she worked for Facebook was briefly mentioned. So, let's be realistic. Ali has nothing to do with increased usage of Facebook, especially in view of the fact that she quit. If she was all that valueable, they would have signed her on as a spokesperson. Instead, they let her quit . . .goodbye, Ali.

Ali is hardly America's Sweetheart. Most people in America have no idea who she is. That is a fact. What I like or don't like is here nor there. Doris Day, Shirley Temple, and Mary Tyler Moore, perhaps in their prime they were America's Sweetheart. Ali - ? um, no.

Regardless of who Jake may have "started" to fall for, he told Ali to get lost because of her flakiness and b*tchiness. Her ploy to force his hand backfired. Regardless of who doesn't like it, or how many people continue to be upset about it, Jake is with Vienna.
    Facebook Overtakes Google as Most Popular U.S. Website - DailyFinance

I know it may seem like a coincidence but traffic seemed to increase at the time of TB airing.

Ali, may not be America's sweetheart but she sure is MF's and TB franchise, since she was their first choice. Again, more bette fans like her than dislike her. CH said, she was "the fan favorite". His words not mine.
    Last edited by happy2bme; 03-27-2010 at 09:53 PM.

Since we were not privy to any conversations between Jake and Ali where Jake stated those were his reasons for sending her home, I am going to continue to not pass judgement on either of them as to the reasons for Ali leaving.

I just saw a pic of Ed, Jillian and Kiptyn on Kip and Jillian's tweeter of the three of them hanging out in Chicago today. It was a good reminder that at this point in the game, they have all moved on with their lives and are happy. I'm sure the same could be said for Jake and Ali as well. Jake and Vienna are together, good for them. Ali has moved on to find her guy, and I hope she finds him. I think she has the potential to have a great show. This is the first season in awhile that I am actually excited for it to start.
    Last edited by chaslom4; 03-27-2010 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;3864341;
    Since we were not privy to any conversations between Jake and Ali where Jake stated those were his reasons for sending her home, I am going to continue to not pass judgement on either of them as to the reasons for Ali leaving.

I just saw a pic of Ed, Jillian and Kiptyn on Kip and Jillian's tweeter of the three of them hanging out in Chicago today. It was a good reminder that at this point in the game, they have all moved on with their lives and are happy. I'm sure the same could be said for Jake and Ali as well. Jake and Vienna are together, good for them. Ali has moved on to find her guy, and I hope she finds him. I think she has the potential to have a great show. This is the first season in awhile that I am actually excited for it to start.
    I agree I think Jake, Vienna, and Ali have all moved on from the situation. I think Ali handled it best on Kimmel with her just let sleeping dogs lie attitude. Jake and Vienna are together (good for them) and she now gets her own shot at love and is hopeful. I am sure if someone asked Jake today if he had a message for Ali he would wish her luck. She is off busy doing her own show and Jake is on DWTS with Vienna as his biggest fan.

I think sometimes the fans take longer to recover than the actual contestants haha

I know it may seem like a coincidence but traffic seemed to increase at the time of TB airing.
    Traffic increases on Facebook all the time. It has nothing whatsoever to do with Ali.

FORT sun

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe;3864164;
    Columbia, MD, you and I think alike. I know a lot of smart career women and not one of them would behave in such a fashion UNLESS there was something they really wanted to be gained from it. Like you, I think Ali already knew that she was being considered as the next Bachelorette and was giving them the drama they like so much to cinch the deal.

I think Ali is an ambitious career woman, but I think the career she wants is as a TV personality, not a sales rep for Facebook. I'm not faulting her for that. I think most of the Bachelors and 'ettes, are looking for fame. I just wish it weren't so obvious.
    I agree with this. It does not make anyone the "bad" guy for going after the public exposure. The hallway crying was just too much. I wish it had been edited out. But every season has those "oh, come on..this is too much" events. I wonder what crying scenes they'll have for her season...

It's funny, I went up and down with Ali on Jake's show. The first date, liked her a lot. The fights with Vienna, couldn't stand her. The HTD, started liking her again. The drama in the hallway and the looooong goodbye, couldn't stand her. With Ali the producers of this show get what they love, a polarizing figure who can be both charming and a drama queen. Some will love her and some will hate her. I totally get why they chose her for the lead and it's really got nothing to do with being "America's Sweetheart" and more to do with the ability to play the role they intend for her, IMO.

I'm pleased, because I won't be emotionally involved (again) and hopefully will just enjoy the craziness. When does it start again?

Closed Thread