Closed Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 217

Thread: New Bachelorette

  1. #111
    Fort Fuzz The Mod Team's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    529

    Re: New Bachelorette

    Apparently a reminder is needed about our rules regarding flaming, baiting and insulting.

    Reality show contestants are fair game for comment as long as people remain within our other site rules.
    It is never acceptable to pass comment on, or voice your opinon of, other site members.

    Everyone's opinion is valid and if you can't find a way to disagree with people without insulting them in the process you will receive an infraction.
    Threads are not for positive comments only and people need to accept that while they may like Ali (or anyone else for that matter) others may not.

    You all watched the same show, the opinion that Ali is wonderful is no more valid than the opinion that she is not.

    Thank you.

  2. #112
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,989

    Re: New Bachelorette

    From an editing standpoint, I am not sure that Vienna got the best edit they could give her as an F1. While it is true that if indeed she did make remarks like she was going to shake her breasts in Jake's face and we didn't see those, she got a good edit at the same time we saw the worst and most awkward Parents' meeting I have ever seen from an F1. Generally speaking by the time we get to the Hometowns, the edit for the F1 begins to clean up specifically, and Vienna's never cleaned up. That would have been a bad edit for an F2!
    I believe it was Fleiss's intention to ride the shock gravy train all the way to the FRC for those non-spoiled watchers.

    As to will Ali's F1 move to San Francisco? Good luck, Ali, with that one.
    Ever notice that when men meet they ask each other : "What's your line of work?" That's because men tend to define themselves with their work/occupations. They are their jobs, and their jobs are them to a large degree.

    Trista wanted to find work as a hostess (on a reality/entertainment show). Ryan could have found work as a firefighter in L.A., but Ryan loved his work and saw himself as a firefighter in Colorado. That's exactly where they went.

    Ian was evidently a (on vacation) whiz bang financier who wanted to travel. Meredith wanted to attend cooking school. Ian could have probably easily have gotten a job in the city where Meredith attended school. Instead Meredith went with Ian.

    Jillian gave up Canada for Ed's job in Chicago.

    There might not be a job available for the man in San Francisco. For instance, if Ali selects the TV weatherman, they could well run into the problem of him giving up a job wherever he lives for a market where he can't just walk in and expect to get a job where first there aren't any openings and second there are many competitors for the same job.

    It sounds easy to say that Ali is going back to San Francisco and TRY to get her job back at Facebook, and her guy will move to San Francisco and get a job there, but when you begin to look at it, it is not easy at all.
    Last edited by Bloomers; 03-25-2010 at 02:06 PM.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

  3. #113
    FORT Fanatic CharmOffensive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    452

    Re: New Bachelorette

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3862889;
    As to will Ali's F1 move to San Francisco? Good luck, Ali, with that one.... There might not be a job available for the man in San Francisco. For instance, if Ali selects the TV weatherman, they could well run into the problem of him giving up a job wherever he lives for a market where he can't just walk in and expect to get a job where first there aren't any openings and second there are many competitors for the same job. It sounds easy to say that Ali is going back to San Francisco and TRY to get her job back at Facebook, and her guy will move to San Francisco and get a job there, but when you begin to look at it, it is not easy at all.
    I think everything has changed since she gave up her job. I'll never forget Ali asking Jake if he'd consider moving to SF before he had a chance to ask her if she'd move to TX (he asked her right afterwards, slightly annoyed), but that's because at the time she asked, she had "the perfect job."

    Since she no longer has the job, and, frankly, I doubt she expects to get it back, there's no work tying her to SF, or making SF a deal-breaker. She's free to move to another city if she finds a man she likes and get a new job there.

    I think the bigger issue now is friends and family. Will she want to leave them?
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

  4. #114
    Team Gremily! Noobslueth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,166

    Re: New Bachelorette

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3862889;
    As to will Ali's F1 move to San Francisco? Good luck, Ali, with that one.
    Ever notice that when men meet they ask each other : "What's your line of work?" That's because men tend to define themselves with their work/occupations. They are their jobs, and their jobs are them to a large degree.

    Trista wanted to find work as a hostess (on a reality/entertainment show). Ryan could have found work as a firefighter in L.A., but Ryan loved his work and saw himself as a firefighter in Colorado. That's exactly where they went.

    Ian was evidently a (on vacation) whiz bang financier who wanted to travel. Meredith wanted to attend cooking school. Ian could have probably easily have gotten a job in the city where Meredith attended school. Instead Meredith went with Ian.

    Jillian gave up Canada for Ed's job in Chicago.

    There might not be a job available for the man in San Francisco. For instance, if Ali selects the TV weatherman, they could well run into the problem of him giving up a job wherever he lives for a market where he can't just walk in and expect to get a job where first there aren't any openings and second there are many competitors for the same job.

    It sounds easy to say that Ali is going back to San Francisco and TRY to get her job back at Facebook, and her guy will move to San Francisco and get a job there, but when you begin to look at it, it is not easy at all.
    She is hard to read.... Until she is completely head over heals in love (which is yet TBD) I don't think even she knows what her career future holds. She reminds me of Deanna with how uptight she can come off about her job. But Jillian where this is kind of a young, when will I ever get to do this again, adventure for her. I think alot of it depends on if she finds the one or not. I do think her desire to have a career and her love SF will weigh a great deal on the success of the relationship.

  5. #115
    FORT Fogey n4692u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,725

    Re: New Bachelorette

    Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3862896;
    I think everything has changed since she gave up her job. I'll never forget Ali asking Jake if he'd consider moving to SF before he had a chance to ask her if she'd move to TX (he asked her right afterwards, slightly annoyed), but that's because at the time she asked, she had "the perfect job."

    Since she no longer has the job, and, frankly, I doubt she expects to get it back, there's no work tying her to SF, or making SF a deal-breaker. She's free to move to another city if she finds a man she likes and get a new job there.

    I think the bigger issue now is friends and family. Will she want to leave them?
    I don't think Ali asked Jake if he would consider "moving" to SF, I think she said "would you consider spending time here (SF)". However, if she truly falls in love, she'll go with her man, like most women do. She has said she will leave SF if she meets someone & falls in love.

    Ali's family lives in Massachusetts, so that's not a problem and I don't think she would let not wanting to leave her friends stop her from leaving SF.

  6. #116
    Gone Fishin' eowenc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,243

    Re: New Bachelorette

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3862889;
    From an editing standpoint, I am not sure that Vienna got the best edit they could give her as an F1. While it is true that if indeed she did make remarks like she was going to shake her breasts in Jake's face and we didn't see those, she got a good edit at the same time we saw the worst and most awkward Parents' meeting I have ever seen from an F1. Generally speaking by the time we get to the Hometowns, the edit for the F1 begins to clean up specifically, and Vienna's never cleaned up. That would have been a bad edit for an F2!
    I believe it was Fleiss's intention to ride the shock gravy train all the way to the FRC for those non-spoiled watchers.

    As to will Ali's F1 move to San Francisco? Good luck, Ali, with that one.
    Ever notice that when men meet they ask each other : "What's your line of work?" That's because men tend to define themselves with their work/occupations. They are their jobs, and their jobs are them to a large degree.
    Trista wanted to find work as a hostess (on a reality/entertainment show). Ryan could have found work as a firefighter in L.A., but Ryan loved his work and saw himself as a firefighter in Colorado. That's exactly where they went.

    Ian was evidently a (on vacation) whiz bang financier who wanted to travel. Meredith wanted to attend cooking school. Ian could have probably easily have gotten a job in the city where Meredith attended school. Instead Meredith went with Ian.

    Jillian gave up Canada for Ed's job in Chicago.

    There might not be a job available for the man in San Francisco. For instance, if Ali selects the TV weatherman, they could well run into the problem of him giving up a job wherever he lives for a market where he can't just walk in and expect to get a job where first there aren't any openings and second there are many competitors for the same job.

    It sounds easy to say that Ali is going back to San Francisco and TRY to get her job back at Facebook, and her guy will move to San Francisco and get a job there, but when you begin to look at it, it is not easy at all.
    Here's one guy that absolutely agrees with the above. When dating someone got serious the first discussion was "I'll have to travel a lot and relocate every few years". It was hard finding someone who understood this and wanted the same things in life I did. This is the main reason that I think many of the relationships started on this show haven't worked out.

    Today it is less about the job. I'd relocate for the right relationship today.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

    Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

  7. #117
    FORT Fogey Photobabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Too far from the beach
    Posts
    864

    Re: New Bachelorette

    Am I the only one who was truely offended by Ali's hysterical, crying, meltdown is the hotel hallway? I tried to be forgiving of her attacks on Vienna, thinking quite possibly Vienna deserved the rude comments. But the hysterical crying in a hotel hallway?! What kind of smart, intelligent woman would do that? They had not been in a long term committed relationship. They'd only known each other a few weeks and he still had 3 other "girlfriends". Has she no self respect? I'm still trying to figure out if it was real and she's just an emotional wreck, or if it were an "audition" to be the 'ette.

  8. #118
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Among the flowers
    Posts
    1,403

    Re: New Bachelorette

    Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe;3864117;
    Am I the only one who was truely offended by Ali's hysterical, crying, meltdown is the hotel hallway? I tried to be forgiving of her attacks on Vienna, thinking quite possibly Vienna deserved the rude comments. But the hysterical crying in a hotel hallway?! What kind of smart, intelligent woman would do that? They had not been in a long term committed relationship. They'd only known each other a few weeks and he still had 3 other "girlfriends". Has she no self respect? I'm still trying to figure out if it was real and she's just an emotional wreck, or if it were an "audition" to be the 'ette.

    Morning, Photobabe!! I was also offended by the scene in the hallway as it was obviously a set-up. I think by the time that "happened" she had already been approached and agreed to be the next Bachelorette. Leaving for "work" reasons had already been done successfully and thus was used again. I believe she is in this for her own reasons, and finding a husband may not be one of them. Just my opinion.

  9. #119
    FORT Fogey Photobabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Too far from the beach
    Posts
    864

    Re: New Bachelorette

    Columbia, MD, you and I think alike. I know a lot of smart career women and not one of them would behave in such a fashion UNLESS there was something they really wanted to be gained from it. Like you, I think Ali already knew that she was being considered as the next Bachelorette and was giving them the drama they like so much to cinch the deal.

    I think Ali is an ambitious career woman, but I think the career she wants is as a TV personality, not a sales rep for Facebook. I'm not faulting her for that. I think most of the Bachelors and 'ettes, are looking for fame. I just wish it weren't so obvious.

  10. #120
    FORT Fogey tango7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,415

    Re: New Bachelorette

    Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe;3864117;
    Am I the only one who was truely offended by Ali's hysterical, crying, meltdown is the hotel hallway? I tried to be forgiving of her attacks on Vienna, thinking quite possibly Vienna deserved the rude comments. But the hysterical crying in a hotel hallway?! What kind of smart, intelligent woman would do that? They had not been in a long term committed relationship. They'd only known each other a few weeks and he still had 3 other "girlfriends". Has she no self respect? I'm still trying to figure out if it was real and she's just an emotional wreck, or if it were an "audition" to be the 'ette.
    No, you’re certainly not the only one. The way she went into a jealous rage when Jake took Vienna on a date, the snippy remarks whenever Vienna got a rose, in addition to the hallway scene (I don't think it was a setup) . . . then after leaving voluntarily she turned around and called Jake begging to come back – this is not a stable woman. She’s supposedly “career-driven” but she recently quit her job – the job that was sooooo important to her when she was in competition to be Jake’s wife. Then she did a 180 upon being considered for the Bachelorette. If she does find a guy to marry her he will have his hands full.

    By the way, that blue negligee top she wore on interviews . . .

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.