Closed Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: New Bachelorette

Re: New Bachelorette

Career driven? REALLY? Compared to what or who? Ali sells ads for Facebook, fercryingoutloud. It's not as if she's a CEO.

Ali is a horrible choice. She showed her true colors~~> a jealous, gossipy, hypocritical b@##h.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3862171;
    Career driven? REALLY? Compared to what or who? Ali sells ads for Facebook, fercryingoutloud. It's not as if she's a CEO.

Ali is a horrible choice. She showed her true colors~~> a jealous, gossipy, hypocritical b@##h.
    People like Ali with drive and ambitions ARE the ones who become CEO's. She's 25 years old with a brilliant mind and she'll go far in her career. As it has been discussed before on Fort, she was not in just an entry level position at Facebook.

As far as your second statement, I respectfully disagree with your description of Ali. As other girls on the show have said, Ali was the only one who wouldn't sit back and take the crap that Vienna was dishing out and I don't consider that being a b***h. I call that standing up to a bully.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3862453;
    People like Ali with drive and ambitions ARE the ones who become CEO's. She's 25 years old with a brilliant mind and she'll go far in her career. As it has been discussed before on Fort, she was not in just an entry level position at Facebook.
    If she had a brilliant mind, she wouldn't have been on the Bachelor. If she were truly career driven, she wouldn't have quit to become the Bachelorette. And having spent a good deal of time with salespeople over the years, I can tell you that brains and ambition are not requirements for the job.
    Last edited by Fort Staff; 03-25-2010 at 01:45 PM.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by eclark;3862747;
    Hmmmm let's see..One couldn't buy this kind of advertisement and exposure. The only gamble from a career standpoint is if the exposure will be positive. She will get money and other benefits from the Bachelorette , plus travel, wardrobe...men..
    Yep, shiny stuff and men - that's what a quality life is all about.
    OBTW If your salespeople have no brains, nor ambition that's your company's problem. Other companies might have more motivated individuals.
    I work for one of the Big Four - a highly respected global firm. Those employees with brains and ambition are actually doing work that requires those traits. The sales people here and at my last firm (also in finance) have an ability to schmooze and a lust for money - not quite the same thing.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3859421;
    Vienna comes back and leaves with the F1 ?
    Heyyyyyyyy....I think you hit the nail on the head...Ali and Vienna were friends and roommates for nearly two weeks until Vienna got the second 1 on 1 date with Jake. Then all He LL broke loose Ali got her "gang" of peons together to break it up by saying Vienna was trouble. She tried everything she could to make Jake get rid of her and she just couldn't take seeing him and Vienna together anymore. That is the reason she left because she was in love with Vienna and Vienna chose Jake over her.

I am so glad someone fianlly came up with the answer to "what was so bad about Vienna?"
    "Take the best and leave the rest!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3862760;
    Yep, shiny stuff and men - that's what a quality life is all about.

I work for one of the Big Four - a highly respected global firm. Those employees with brains and ambition are actually doing work that requires those traits. The sales people here and at my last firm (also in finance) have an ability to schmooze and a lust for money - not quite the same thing.
    Let's not forget that Ali was offered the opportunity to be the Bachelorette and make about 3 years salary in 6 weeks while having men fawn all over her, going on dates straight out of a storybook, and traveling to exotic locales - I don't think any of us would choose work over that. Also, there has been rumor that Ali plans on going back to facebook once all this is done and over with so how brainless is she really???
    Last edited by Fort Staff; 03-25-2010 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brklyn825;3862787;
    Also, there has been rumor that Ali plans on going back to facebook once all this is done and over with so how brainless is she really???
    I wonder about this. She said she plans on going back to fight for her job but she would be I believe the first bachelorette in history to convince her F1 to move to her city. Trista, Deanna, Jillian are currently trying or have tried to make it work in the F1's territory. I did not watch Meredith's season so I don't know what happened with her and Ian.

I guess only time will tell but love can make you do crazy things!!

I don't think we saw everything that went on in the house on TV... I choose to believe RS's sources in production that said Vienna was that bad and even worse.

She was the F1 ... she got the best edit the could possible give her. Even Jake confronted her about bringing all the negativity upon herself. She was no angel in all of this. Having said that, I think BOTH women were in the wrong.
    Last edited by Fort Staff; 03-25-2010 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3862792;
    I wonder about this. She said she plans on going back to fight for her job but she would be I believe the first bachelorette in history to convince her F1 to move to her city. Trista, Deanna, Jillian are currently trying or have tried to make it work in the F1's territory. I did not watch Meredith's season so I don't know what happened with her and Ian.

I guess only time will tell but love can make you do crazy things!!
    I think I heard somewhere that Ali said she would move to where the guy lived if she really did fall in love in order to try to make it work, but if I were her, I'd want a guy who would be willing to move where I am because he knows how much I love my job. Of course if he loved his job that much too it would definitely need to be discussed. It will be interesting if she goes for someone who is also dedicated to his career like her.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3862801;
    I don't think we saw everything that went on in the house on TV... I choose to believe RS's sources in production that said Vienna was that bad and even worse.

She was the F1 ... she got the best edit the could possible give her. Even Jake confronted her about bringing all the negativity upon herself. She was no angel in all of this. Having said that, I think BOTH women were in the wrong.
    I completely agree with you on this. I have to remind myself all the time when watching this show is that we are being shown exactly what they want us to see for a reason. We were shown both of them acting less than mature at times. I am not going to judge people who I have never met in my life and likely won't, and call them names because of a highly edited show. I wish them all luck in the future. I am looking forward to watching Ali.
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 03-25-2010 at 01:44 PM.

Closed Thread