+ Reply to Thread

Thread: News About Past Bachelorette Contestants

News About Past Bachelorette Contestants

Andi Dorfman Addresses Josh Murray Split on 'The Bachelor: Chris Tells All' : People.com

Andi Dorfman: Splitting from Josh Murray Was the 'Biggest Failure of My Life'

@amandamichl

02/15/2015 AT 09:00 PM EST

While most of The Bachelor's "Chris Tells All" special was not particularly illuminating (save for further confirmation of the fact that Kelsey is not of this planet), the second half of the episode gave a rare, raw insider's perspective on the inner workings of the show – and into Andi Dorfman's recent heartbreak.

Dorfman, who split from fiancé Josh Murray soon after the premiere of Chris Soules's season of The Bachelor, tearfully admitted to host Chris Harrison that her broken engagement was the "biggest failure of my life."

Harrison, who split from his wife of 18 years back in 2012, was genuinely sympathetic as he listened to Dorfman's confession.

Despite appearing quite close in front of reporters at the Bachelor live premiere in January, Dorfman admitted that was the night she knew that she and Murray were essentially over. "Having people ask about wedding dates and then seeing the other happy couples and people planning weddings, we had to ask ourselves, 'Why aren't we planning a wedding? Let's just be honest – why is it that we don't have a date?' ... That trip was very eye-opening."

Dorfman said their split "was pretty mutual" and explained she and Murray "were both very aware of the fact that we just didn't better each other. I didn't feel supportive and empowered and I don't think I gave him that support and empowerment that he needed. When you have two very passionate, very strong personalities in one house and nobody can back down and nobody is the calming force for one another ... it's a lot of emotion. It's a lot of tension in one house."

That's not to say, however, that they didn't fight to make the relationship work – by Dorfman's own admission, the two were so in love that they "sickened" the people around them: "I was finally that person where people were like, 'Look how in love they are.' "

"We loved each other and I think knowing what we felt for one another probably makes it that much harder not being together now," she said. "I'll always love him. I've never loved anybody like that in my life. I never even experienced love like that. I mean, will always, always have a love for him. That was my first true love, without a doubt – and my first heartbreak."

While their split was as friendly as possible, the two are not currently speaking. "There's a lot of emotion there so it's hard to keep a positive, healthy relationship going on now," said Dorfman, "and I think both of us get upset about each other's actions and we're just ... it's not a healthy place right now."

As Dorfman went on to reveal, her heartbreak isn't the only thing making her emotional: "I feel bad," she said. "I feel like I disappointed people, and it breaks my heart to know that people rooted for us. I feel bad that it didn't work out."

That said, Dorfman is still "grateful" to have been a part of the Bachelor experience. "My life changed forever. ... I don't want to look back on that part of my life with any regret or disappointment or anger. I want to look back and be like, 'You know, it didn't work out, but I still care for him, and I'm always going to care for him.' "

The Bachelor airs Mondays (8 p.m. ET) on ABC.

Can't get enough of The Bachelor? Tell us about it. Be sure to sign up for PEOPLE's exclusive Bachelor newsletter, filled with news, recaps and even blogs from Chris Soules himself. Sign up here to get the newsletter sent right to your inbox.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: News About Past Bach Contestants

Desiree and Chris were married on January 18th. She posted a bit of their wedding video. Just lovely.
    Exclusive: Des + Chris Wedding Video | Desiree Hartsock

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Desiree and Chris were married on January 18th. She posted a bit of their wedding video. Just lovely.
    Exclusive: Des + Chris Wedding Video | Desiree Hartsock
    I read somewhere that she was married & wondered what rock I was under when it happened. . Glad she went the private wedding route; although it would be nice to have ABC pick up the bill (a la Trista's $4M wedding), filming the entire thing is probably not worth the hassle.
    RIP Becky, 5/14/93 - 3/16/13 Sebastian (b.1996) 4/10/10 - 2/16/14

Thanks for posting the link ECM. The ceremony gown was gorgeous!
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

NEPASue, I sometimes feel Des and Chris are the stepchildren of this franchise. They never get any attention. I would have loved to see her wedding televised. PB, I agree her gown was gorgeous. I wonder if it's her own design.

NEPASue, I sometimes feel Des and Chris are the stepchildren of this franchise. They never get any attention. I would have loved to see her wedding televised. PB, I agree her gown was gorgeous. I wonder if it's her own design.
    Des designed both her gowns and I believe they will now be available as part of the Maggie Sottero collection she designs for.
    You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.

and I don't understand because they are both super sweet...maybe that was the problem...no scandals I pray they stay together forever.

you can bet all the stops would have been used for Andi and Josh.

+ Reply to Thread