Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Andi's Blog

Andi's Blog

Until her first blog comes up at People.com, here is the interview she did regarding Eric Hill.

Andi Dorfman Devastated by Contestant Eric Hill's Sudden Death : People.com

Bachelorette Andi Dorfman Was 'Devastated' by Eric Hill's Death

By Aili Nahas

05/13/2014 at 07:45 PM EDT

Andi Dorfman Devastated by Contestant Eric Hill's Sudden Death

With the premiere of The Bachelorette just days away, Andi Dorfman spoke to PEOPLE about the tragic death of contestant Eric Hill, who was killed in a paragliding accident April 23, after he had left the show.

"When I heard the news, I was devastated," says Dorfman, who also reached out privately to Hill's family. "Shock, devastation, grief. It's something you never could have predicted [or] expected."

Hill, who will not be edited out of episodes, "was part of our family," Dorfman says. "And I had just seen him. He was a member of our cast and we had an inherent bond. The [other contestants] shared that bond too. It was shocking and devastating to all of us and it's still a tough thing that we're going through."

For her part, Dorfman will keep fond memories of the adventurer and extreme sports enthusiast.

"I will always remember Eric's love for life," she says. "People say, 'Oh he lived life to the fullest.' But Eric really was the epitome of someone who lived life to the fullest. This man had amazing stories and great experiences. His sense of adventure inspired not only me, but every guy in the house, every producer, every crew member. Everybody says they want to do stuff in their life but he was really doing it."

It's a bittersweet lesson and one of many Dorfman will take away from her Bachelorette journey.

"I learned that I'm a lot softer than I thought I was," she says. "I knew I had a tough shell, but I'm a softie inside." And as far as finding a fairytale ending? "I am happy," Dorfman says. "I'm excited for everyone to see how this turns out."

The Bachelorette premieres Monday at 9:30 p.m. ET on ABC.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: Andi's Blog

Andi Dorfman's Bachelorette Blog: All About Meeting the Men - The Bachelorette, Andi Dorfman : People.com

By Andi Dorfman

05/21/2014 at 12:40 PM EDT

Andi Dorfman's Bachelorette Blog: All About Meeting the Men

Andi Dorfman is the Bachelorette! After a dramatic exit from Juan Pablo's season of The Bachelor, the assistant district attorney, who lives in Atlanta, is searching for love once again on ABC's hit franchise. Andi, 27, will be blogging for PEOPLE.com every week about the men, the dates and the difficult decisions she'll make on her road to romance. So check back each week. You can also follow Andi on Twitter.

As I write my first Bachelorette blog, I can't help but remember that I only packed for a couple of weeks for last season, thinking I probably wouldn't even make it throughout the first night. Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined that I would become the Bachelorette. It really wasn't until I arrived in Los Angeles that it actually set in. All I could feel was excitement and gratitude to be the lucky girl, who had 25 of the most eligible men making the sacrifice to put heir lives on hold all in the name of love.

Leading up to that first night, I needed the advice of the person I trust most in this world, my sister Rachel. Despite being very different from one another, we are incredibly close. I was so thankful she made the trip from San Diego to help me get ready. Although we chose the gold dress, I ended up changing my mind and I was so happy that I did because I felt so beautiful in that gown. I can't thank my Shishy (that's my nickname for her) enough for helping me get ready to meet the men. She got married to the love of her life about a year ago and I can only hope to find my perfect person just like she did.

Driving up to the mansion, me heart was pounding! All I could think was that in the next few minutes I could be meeting the love of my life. What an exciting but nerve-wracking feeling! It's embarrassing to admit, but I really, really hoped my future husband would be there. I was almost afraid to believe it.

Meeting the Men

The first limo arrived, and as soon as the first guy got out I sensed how nervous he was. But the weird thing is that his and the other men's nerves actually calmed me down. I wanted each guy to feel as comfortable as possible when they walked into the mansion for the first time.

I really wanted to see what these men could bring to the table. I especially wanted to see all the crazy, fun, romantic limo entrances. And let me tell you, I was not disappointed. Cody pushing the limo was hilarious. I have to say Tasos had one of the best limo arrivals ever! I have always wanted to visit Lover's Bridge in Paris and put a lock on it, so when he recreated it for me, I was impressed!

Others certainly left an impression as well. Brett with the lamp ... I kept waiting for the punch line but there wasn't one – ha ha! It was just a lamp from the hotel. The best part is what you didn't see, which was me trying to drag this huge heavy lamp across the driveway so it could get back to the hotel.

And then there was Emil. I don't even know what to say about that entrance except that it cracked me up and I will never ever forget his name. I hope he doesn't always introduce himself that way.

Walking into the mansion for the first time and seeing all 25 men staring at me was overwhelming. I know I thanked them so much for being there, but I was seriously blown away at the quality of men that stood before me. It made me even more excited to get the cocktail party started to get to know these guys better.

I loved talking to Josh M. I could not believe he was from Atlanta, too. It was just so crazy to meet someone all the way on the other side of the country. I don't know what it was about Josh M. but I immediately called him out for not being as shy as he claimed. He's obviously handsome and has a great smile, but there was something there I needed to figure out.

One of the highlights of the night had to be Marquel and the cookies. I love to eat and I thought the cookies were an amazing idea. He is obviously a handsome and stylish guy, but I loved that he admitted to being obsessed with cookies. He's definitely a charmer.

Watching Eric made me really emotional. I remember thinking he was so beautiful and smart and how lucky I was that he came to meet me. It goes without saying that I wish he was still here.

First Impression Rose

When it came time to hand out my first impression rose, I had a lot of great options – Chris, JJ and Marcus to name a few – but my instinct to give it to Nick V. was definitely reaffirmed when I had some time to talk to him. I saw a lot of his personality in myself. I remember how skeptical I was that first night and I saw it in him. I wanted to give him the rose to let him know to have a little faith in me and in this process as well. I wanted him to get over some of his fears.

And then there was the party crasher. I watched Emily's season of the show and had heard of Chris Bukowski. I was flattered that such an attractive guy came all that way to meet me. There was a minute when I was thinking, "What if he is the one for me?" After I really thought about it, though, I knew what the 25 men went through to step out of their limos and out of respect for them, I didn't want to invite someone else into the mix. The fact that I turned down the opportunity to meet Chris – that hopefully shows how strongly I felt about the group of guys that I had. Although it didn't work out with Chris, I want to wish him the best in the future.

Despite one party crasher already, there was actually one other surprise guest that night too ... my father. I was in the middle of talking to some of the guys and Chris Harrison walked in and told me that there's someone else to see me. I turned around and I have never in my life been more surprised. I could not believe that my father was standing in the Bachelor mansion! I wish you could have seen my reaction, because honestly, it was priceless.

My dad spent some time with the guys and that made me really, really anxious. I love my father so much but I didn't want him to intimidate or scare any of the guys. To my pleasant surprise, each of the guys loved talking to my father – or at least that's what they told me! He was a huge hit that night and everyone seemed to enjoy him. I still can't believe my dad flew out to surprise me. I really loved seeing him and I hope he enjoyed his time in the mansion. I wonder if he had any guesses about who he would meet at the end?

After talking with all of the guys, I knew I had some really tough decisions ahead of me. These great guys made my decision night so difficult. I remember thinking, "Couldn't there have been a couple of jerks so this could be easier for me?" Ultimately, I had to send six guys home and although it was tough, I felt confident in the men who got roses that night.

I am beyond thrilled that y'all (you'll hear me saying that a lot this season – sorry, I'm a southern girl!) get to share in my journey to find my great love. For me, it was the adventure of a lifetime and I can't wait for you to see all of the spectacular locations and dates. Tune in next week for one really adventurous and one really glamorous date. I promise you do not want to miss the group date when I have the men bare it all for charity.

Thanks for watching and reading my blog!

Xoxo,
    Andi
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I hope she's making a joke with her bare it all for charity remark. I still cringe when I think of that from Juan Pablo's season.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I hope she's making a joke with her bare it all for charity remark. I still cringe when I think of that from Juan Pablo's season.
    Its a Magic Mike type thing. at least that's what the promo seemed to suggest
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Andi Dorfman's Bachelorette Blog: Sad, Raunchy and Sweet – All in One Episode - The Bachelorette, TV News, Andi Dorfman : People.com

Andi Dorfman's Bachelorette Blog: Sad, Raunchy and Sweet – All in One Episode

By Andi Dorfman

05/27/2014 at 12:05 PM EDT

As excited as I am to start watching the dates, this episode was obviously tough because of the tragic loss of Eric. I remember that first date so vividly, and to be honest, I cannot bring myself to watch it back. I am really happy, though, that you get to watch and see the Eric that we were blessed to have met.

Eric led a life that many of us strive for but few actually do. I'll never forget wanting to impress Eric as much as I could on that first date. I mean, after all, he was a handsome, humble world traveler who did some pretty incredible things, so I was hoping he would love this adventure just as much. And he did! I will never forget how happy he was and the smile he had on his face at the beach, in the helicopter and snowboarding. For a guy who had seen the world, he enjoyed the simplest things, like building a sandcastle and drinking hot chocolate. I can look back and know that even though we may not have traveled to another continent or some far-off land, we had an adventure of our own that day!

The group date this week got so much raunchier than I could have imagined! Last season on my first group date, I had to push myself out of my comfort zone, and although I didn't like it, I remember feeling very proud afterwards. I was proud because I knew I was doing something for charity, and that's the same feeling I wanted the guys to have this week. Little did I know they would all just dive right in!

The audience went nuts for the guys. I mean, they were going crazy putting dollar bills everywhere! The women in the audience cheered so loudly for firefighter Carl. He was working the room, for sure. I was impressed by Marcus and his solo act, and I knew Kelly and Sharleen were, too. He was definitely one of their favorites. The biggest surprise had to be Dylan, though. He was the guy who was beyond nervous that first night, and there he was dancing up on Chris Harrison! Chris was such a good sport – hilarious!

I can't thank my friends Kelly and Sharleen enough for coming out to the date. I know they loved the show, but what really made me feel good was knowing they loved my guys. Even though I trust my own instincts when it comes to this journey, it's always good to get some outside perspective.

Although we had a great day, the nighttime took a different turn. It started out with great conversations, including Brian and Marcus, but it all changed when Craig had a few too many. I love seeing the guys have fun, but obviously there was a line and Craig clearly crossed it. I was frustrated that this was already happening that early on. I kept reminding myself that no matter how upset I was, I needed to focus on the guys who were behaving appropriately and were taking this seriously. It was for those reasons that I knew I still had to give a group-date rose out – the first of the season.

Marcus really impressed me on the date. From doing his solo routine with such confidence and also humility to showing me he was serious about finding love, it was clear to me that Marcus deserved the rose.

My date with Chris was so refreshing. After that group date, I really needed Chris to come in and sweep me off my feet, and he really did. I loved getting all dolled up with him for that date. I thought we looked like a very cute couple. My favorite part was talking to this cute older couple and seeing how Chris interacted with them. It showed his depth and sweetness. He really was the perfect person for that date and got me excited about the rest of my journey.

The cocktail party was great. The guys really brought it! They started opening up to me, and they brought fun ideas like Tasos breaking plates. I loved my first kiss with Josh. He was so nervous, and I found it so adorable! I like a man who just goes in for the kiss, and in front of the mansion, dancing, that was the perfect moment. So romantic!

Oh Craig … I adored his song! What was so funny was that he sang/apologized for showing his junk to all the guys, but I never even knew that happened. He was singing and apologizing for something I didn't know about! Too funny. Although he was so sweet, I just couldn't keep him another week. It broke my heart, but I just didn't think this was the right environment for him.

Thanks again for reading and watching. Tune in next week as I drive up north to Santa Barbara for some very romantic dates. You'll get to see what I will look like in the future, and the group date I can confidently say was one of the best days of my life.

Xoxo,
    Andi

Get to see what she looks like in the future? Are they going to put make-up on her and make her an old lady?

Did you see the swings in the preview? The two with the gray hair are Andi and her date.
    ilja likes this.

Thanks. No I did not notice that until you pointed it out.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm getting tired of seeing Andi move her arm down.

Andi Dorfman's Bachelorette Blog: My First Kiss with Nick Was 'Passionate and Romantic'
    Andi Dorfman's Bachelorette Blog: My First Kiss with Nick Was 'Passionate and Romantic' - Celebrity Blog, The Bachelorette, Andi Dorfman : People.com

By Andi Dorfman

06/02/2014 at 11:15 AM EDT

I have to say this was one of the best weeks of dating I could ever ask for.

It was my first time in Santa Barbara, and we stayed at the beautiful Bacara – right on the beach. My first date was with Nick. Obviously, he had made a great impression on me the very first night, and I wanted to get to know him more. Nick had voiced his skepticism about this whole process, so I thought he would enjoy a simple and very realistic date like bike riding and hiking.

During our picnic, I could tell Nick was nervous, but I found it endearing. While we were hiking, I knew I wanted to show Nick this special place to watch the sunset, but what you didn't get to see was that we actually had to climb through a narrow hole in a rock wall to get there.

Once we got through that and were enjoying the sunset, that's when Nick went in for our first kiss and it was so passionate and romantic. Later that night, we met at the beautiful Santa Barbara courthouse for dinner.

Throughout dinner I found myself relating to Nick in so many ways. On a mental level, we were definitely connected, and for many reasons, it was an easy decision to give Nick the rose on the date.

Meeting Boyz II Men

The group date was one of my favorite things I have ever done in my life. I think by now everyone knows I am a terrible dancer, but I am an equally terrible singer. Even though this date featured singing and it's not something I like people to hear me do, I figured why not join the guys? They literally put it all out there last week on the group date, so I wanted them to know that I was doing this with them. Plus, who could resist singing with Boyz II Men?

I was so excited for the guys to meet Boyz II Men. I think all of us can remember a time in our lives where we slow danced to one of their classic hits. Although they needed no formal introduction, it was fun to introduce the band. They could not have been more humble and funny.

Wanya's Dating Advice

While the guys split up into two groups to rehearse, I had a private lesson with Wanya. We just laughed and laughed during my private lesson. When we first sat down, Wanya started giving me dating advice (some not so good, honestly) and then told me what he thought about each of the guys. He picked up immediately on which of the guys I was already into and then he went on to tell me which ones I needed to let go. Not going to lie, it was hilarious.

The guys were ecstatic to hear that they would be performing live at a Boyz II Men's concert later that day. When we arrived at the concert, we were all blown away by how many fans came out. After watching Boyz II Men perform some of their new songs, it was our turn to sing the classic "I'll Make Love to You." I have to say, we completely and utterly butchered that song. No doubt about it. But it was a blast! We all had so much fun and it made me so happy to see all the smiles on the guys' faces.

That excitement definitely carried over into the cocktail party. I wanted to talk to Cody first and give him a hard time. What you didn't see was that the week before, Cody had actually tricked me by telling me he didn't think this was the right fit for him. He told me he was going to leave because after he thought long and hard about it, he realized he wanted to become ... a stripper! He completely fooled me so I had to get him back, and I think I did! It was so hard to keep a straight face.

I really enjoyed talking to Marcus that evening. He started to open up to me, and we had our very first kiss. Despite how good that moment was, I decided to give the group date rose to Josh because I felt like he really made an effort to tell me how he felt about me during our one-on-one time and I wanted to encourage him to continue to open up.

The one-on-one date with JJ was absolutely hilarious! I seriously could not have asked for a better person to have as a date for this activity. JJ had such a great sense of humor and he allowed me to come out of my shell and just have fun with pretending to be old. We had so much fun going incognito in the park. I have to say though, getting off that makeup was nearly impossible. It took hours! JJ and I couldn't stop laughing at dinner because both of us still had glue and makeup on our face that we just couldn't get off.

Ron Would Have Gotten a Rose

Hearing the sad news about Ron really made my heart ache for him. He was such a fun guy who definitely would have gotten a rose that week, but I understood that he had to go home during that difficult time.

The rose ceremony involved a lot more drama then I knew about! But there were some really sweet and romantic moments during the cocktail party too. Nick sending flowers was romantic, unexpected and yet so simple. I think it showed how realistic Nick was in this process. What I mean by that is, Nick made an effort to make this process feel more like we were dating back in Chicago. I really appreciated that, and as a woman, that's definitely how I want to be treated.

Marcus continued to share his emotions with me, which I loved. It was refreshing to have someone like Marcus just put his feelings out there. He expresses his emotions despite knowing that I couldn't really say anything return.

Don't forget to tune in tomorrow night, for another chapter of my journey. I take the boys east to beautiful Connecticut and face one of my biggest fears on an extremely challenging date. On the group date, I get back up from some powerful women, as I have the guys compete against each other for more time with me. You definitely don't want to miss that!

Thanks for reading and watching.

Xoxo,
    Andi

I wish we could have seen the advice the singer gave her and who he told her to get rid of. Boys II Men were funny.

I wonder who would have gone home instead of Ron?
    ilja likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast