+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Like Tree693Likes

Thread: 8/5 Bachelorette 9: Finale Part 2/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 8/5 Bachelorette 9: Finale Part 2/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

I was just looking through the list of broken engagements on this show, and I'm guessing every one of those couples felt at least as committed as Des & Chris at the same point in time.

It's a ridiculous premise to even think a couple would be ready to commit the rest of their lives after a couple of fishbowl dates. The couples IRL who do get together quickly and make a go of it are rare. The vast majority of relationships do not work out, long term -- how many relationships does the average person have before going into a marriage that has only a 50% success rate? Maybe these two will make it and maybe not, but I still say it is WAY too early to tell. I love Catherine & Sean but I'm not even convinced they will make it to the alter. Honestly, I think the stupidest thing Des & Chris could do right now (apart from moving in together) would be to get married quickly. Now THAT would be for all the wrong reasons...
    NEPASue likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    But that's just it. He was already in love with her most of the season, whereas she was in love with someone else. So technicially, she hasn't found someone who loves her as much as she loves them, but rather someone who loves her more than she loves them.
    It may be different now but I sense that was what drove her decision.
    Yes. But as I said above, things may have changed and she could be on the same page now. It just took her longer to get there.
    BTW likes this.

Watching ATFR with Drew on right now. He looks like he is in 7th grade & dressed for picture day at school. He also reminds me of Kevin's brother Wayne in The Wonder Years, the super-geek version.
    bee stung lips and Pandora2 like this.
    RIP Becky, 5/14/93 - 3/16/13 Sebastian (b.1996) 4/10/10 - 2/16/14

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NEPASue View Post
    Watching ATFR with Drew on right now. He looks like he is in 7th grade & dressed for picture day at school. He also reminds me of Kevin's brother Wayne in The Wonder Years, the super-geek version.
    OMG...I was thinking this exact same thing when I watched ATFR show. Only I was thinking more a long the lines of a kid playing dress up in his daddy's suit.
    NEPASue likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

If Drew and Emily got together, they would look like Ken (with lighter hair) and Barbie. Imagine both of them in front of the mirror in the morning, competing for the hair products. Actually, I had new respect for him when he was questioning Des at ATFR. I'm sure there's someone out there for him somewhere.
    dzigner likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Lol...competing for hair products....
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I am so glad some of these seasons are so forgettable. Not that I will forget the crazy ending. This is one that won't make a lasting impression on me.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

FORT Fogey

This couple might make a go of it. Who knows? Why? I don't for one moment believe that after only 7 days from all of that awful scene with Brooks believe Des was actually in love with Chris. However, Des did show us enough proof that she found him plenty attractive, she had physical chemistry with him, she was comfortable with him, and she had begun a foundational start of a relationship with him. On his part, from all appearances he seems to be a class A guy who has it bad for her - much in the same vein as Ryan in Trista's season. When you add that to the fact that Des badly wants a relationship that makes a go of it to the end - just like Trista did - we might have a situation that can work. There is certainly no guarantee, but like Trista, Des has been willing to give up her life and move to where his life is. If she has been willing to do everything she can to forget Brooks, concentrate on what she has - if she has the kind of temperament that can do that - then this relationship maybe at least has the same odds as all the rest of the Bachelor /Bachelorette ones do and maybe more because he seems willing. If the guy is, that may be more than half the battle a lot of the time.
    Whew! that was a mouthful....thanks for reading!!
    BTW, NEPASue, Alexxxx and 1 others like this.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    from all appearances he seems to be a class A guy who has it bad for her - much in the same vein as Ryan in Trista's season. When you add that to the fact that Des badly wants a relationship that makes a go of it to the end - just like Trista did - we might have a situation that can work.
    and if they DO make it, that would make two cornball-poetry-reading F1's (although most women apparently love that).
    Pandora2 likes this.
    RIP Becky, 5/14/93 - 3/16/13 Sebastian (b.1996) 4/10/10 - 2/16/14

Just went to the grocery store and saw Des and Chris on the cover with a headline about it being over just 2 weeks after she moved to Seattle. Includes quotes from his friends about how they couldn't believe he let things get this far.

+ Reply to Thread