Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Like Tree693Likes

Thread: 8/5 Bachelorette 9: Finale Part 2/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: 8/5 Bachelorette 9: Finale Part 2/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    She said, more than once, 'I have never found someone who loved me as much as I love them.' Chris loved her more at the time she chose him. It may be different now but I sense that was what drove her decision.
    But that's just it. He was already in love with her most of the season, whereas she was in love with someone else. So technicially, she hasn't found someone who loves her as much as she loves them, but rather someone who loves her more than she loves them.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Did you see her face on ATFR when Brooks came out? When he first came out, her body language suggestive that she was trying very hard to keep her feelings from rising back up to the surface.

I didn't see Des and Chris on GMA so I'm going to search for it on Youtube.
    This is a post from her blog:

bee stung lips likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

A question. I only watched the ATFR show. Did she tell Chris that Brooks was her #1?
    Actually I found her hard to understand when she was telling whatever it was she was telling him. I don't think she said it like that. It was not very clear. Basically it was that he was always there for her. In my opinion she put a spin on it and never clearly told him how it went down. The fact that they argeed to only watch the positive parts of the show after the fact, kind of makes me think she kind of glossed over the whole thing. I hope his friends and family tell him. If he knows the facts and decides he loves her enough to continue...cudos to him, but, I think he should be fully informed before deciding. Who knows, they could end up like Jason and Molly...but, Molly always knew what had been going on with Melissa and Jason didn't seem to be trying to hide stuff from her, so who knows. I like Chris, so I wish him the best and hope he does not end up being the one with a truly, real broken heart.
    judkay likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    This is a post from her blog:
    Thanks for the link...interesting that Des would make that statement.

I really like Chris. He seems like a great guy. He's head over heels in love with Des, it looks like. The romantic in me wishes these two manufactured lovebirds the best and a happy, healthy long future together. But the cynic in me doesn't see that happening.
    dzigner, Miss Scarlet and Midol like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I love Des and my heart broke for her when Brooks left. And her heart clearly broke too --- but apparently she really, really needs to feel loved right now, and Chris certainly gives her that. Sadly, I think she's trying too hard, and she is in total denial that as wonderful as Chris is to her (and probably for her), this IS a rebound relationship, and she's not in love with Chris. That doesn't mean that she can't have a nice life with him, but I think he'll always be number two, in her heart.
    What she or anybody saw/sees in Brooks is a mystery to me. There is something off with this guy. He is not comfortable in his own skin.

I think he dresses oddly and never looked quite groomed to me. His jackets always looked poorly fit.

He was probably fun to go shopping with on their first date.

His voice, mannerisms and body language are really effeminate. Maybe he is just a Momma's boy and that accounts for it.

Again, I think everyone new well in advance that Brooks was out. Perhaps, if she really needed it, she got some professional counseling during the shoot.

I don't think she really needed it. I think they all knew it wasn't Brooks, from the time Des started telling us it was and when the eliminated guys started telling us they thought she'd end up with Brooks. There was only one deviation ... and I think that was Zak who said it was Chris.

So ... I think it was mostly scripted ... and this may have all been set up from the beginning.
    BTW likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    What she or anybody saw/sees in Brooks is a mystery to me. There is something off with this guy. He is not comfortable in his own skin.

I think he dresses oddly and never looked quite groomed to me. His jackets always looked poorly fit.

His voice, mannerisms and body language are really effeminate. Maybe he is just a Momma's boy and that accounts for it.

Again, I think everyone new well in advance that Brooks was out. Perhaps, if she really needed it, she got some professional counseling during the shoot.

I don't think she really needed it. I think they all knew it wasn't Brooks, from the time Des started telling us it was and when the eliminated guys started telling us they thought she'd end up with Brooks. There was only one deviation ... and I think that was Zak who said it was Chris.

So ... I think it was mostly scripted ... and this may have all been set up from the beginning.
    Very very scripted. I agree with most, if not all of your post
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Did you see her face on ATFR when Brooks came out? When he first came out, her body language suggestive that she was trying very hard to keep her feelings from rising back up to the surface.

I didn't see Des and Chris on GMA so I'm going to search for it on Youtube.
    I made sure I watched her expression to see how she reacted. This is my opinion only but she should have walked without picking anyone.
    bee stung lips and Imperfect1 like this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post

Many people also commented on the blogs that Brooks must be gay.

Remember a couple of weeks ago, with Des' crying jag over Brooks? Some people pointed out at the time that she sure didn't shed any actual tears. She kept her head buried in her hands most of the time. When it was all over, her make-up was perfectly intact. So...world's greatest acting job? Who knows?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Me thinks that they edit to show us exactly what they want us to see. With the final 2 or 3 that she is building relationships with there is probably plenty of footage for them to manipulate and paint whatever picture they want us to see. Every single long time watcher scratched their head when she started proclaiming her love for Brooks and they showed it. We just didn't carry our thought through to the natural conclusion, which was, couldn't be, they would never show it. It is possible that Chris was more in the run all along. Even Brooks stated that he saw interest from her towards Chris. Remember, before we pass judgment about what her relationship with ANY of the guys was or is, THEY SHOW US WHAT THEY WANT US TO SEE. I wish them both well. If what she wanted was someone who was serious minded enough to marry, she probably found this in Chris. Time will tell if the they make the long haul.
    BTW, NEPASue, Alexxxx and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey

A question. I only watched the ATFR show. Did she tell Chris that Brooks was her #1?
    She told Chris that when Brooks left it turned her world upside down and that she loved him (Brooks). Then after a considerable amount of mumbling about wants and needs she finally arrived at the statement that she finally realized that what she really wanted and needed was always standing right in front of her (Chris) and she loved him so much. It wasn't elegant, but it got the job done I guess.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl