Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Like Tree693Likes

Thread: 8/5 Bachelorette 9: Finale Part 2/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: 8/5 Bachelorette 9: Finale Part 2/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    Just heard a local news story and they say Des is moving up here this weekend. Part of me is thinking, good for her -- she knows what she wants. The other part is wondering WTH would possess someone to move in with a guy they've known in fantasy land for only a few months and in the real world for about 10 minutes. No way in hell would I ever do something like that -- no matter how much I loved the guy, or wanted it to work out. That's just nuts. IMHO.
    I love Des and my heart broke for her when Brooks left. And her heart clearly broke too --- but apparently she really, really needs to feel loved right now, and Chris certainly gives her that. Sadly, I think she's trying too hard, and she is in total denial that as wonderful as Chris is to her (and probably for her), this IS a rebound relationship, and she's not in love with Chris. That doesn't mean that she can't have a nice life with him, but I think he'll always be number two, in her heart.

I actually feel sorry for Des. Talk about desperate! Clearly, she is a woman who was determined to come out of this with a fiancé. She fell for Brooks. Brooks didn't want her. Brooks left. So, she grabbed on to the next person in line.

If Chris ever brings himself to watch all the episodes of the show he will see, with his own two eyes, how Des felt about Brooks. It's highly unlikely that anybody can genuinely go from being in love with one soul to switching it up with another...within a few days.

IF Des and Brooks would have been the final two their chances of success would have been very low. (As we've seen with so many of the other final couples on this show.) So, Des and Chris' relationship actually culminating in marriage has zero chance, imo.

Des' face, on GMA, spoke volumes. She knows, deep in her heart, that she doesn't love Chris.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    I'm with you. They absolutely did all this knowing that most heard it was Brooks. And that's why I think they showed us Des saying she loved Brooks (as early as she did), so they could keep us believing. I thought that was very strange when I saw it, not because she said it, but because they showed us. I should have known then that something was up. They only show us things they want us to see, and they edit things so much to make us believe things they want us to. She could have been saying wonderful things about Chris all along, being more torn than we saw - but they weren't going to show us that, of course. They wanted us to think it was Brooks or nobody, and they only aired her comments that would support that.

I also agree that they seemed very happy, very genuine, on ATFR. I hope they find happiness up in Seattle and make it in the long run.
    I know, right? In retrospect this season reminds me so much of Ali's season. Ali latched onto Frank from the beginning, was beyond devastated when he self-eliminated at F3 (moreso than Des, imo), and then she chose her "chemistry" guy, Roberto. All we ever heard Ali say about Roberto was how hot he was and how much she liked to make out with him, they had great chemistry. After the fact we heard how Ali and Roberto were having meaningful convos and spending time together that wasn't aired on TV. The editing was all about her devastation over Frank leaving, and if she would be able to go on. Roberto moved to CA for Ali, Des is moving to WA for Chris. Also, Frank was very similar (in both looks and demeanor) to all of Ali's ex-significant others. Since she and Roberto have split, apparently she's with another Frank-type now.

So Des latched onto her "type", Brooks, early on, was devastated when he left, wasn't sure she could go on, but then chose her "chemistry" guy as F1. Will Des and Chris be another Ali and Roberto? Or will they have a happier ending? Stay tuned ...
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

The message "I want this guy but I need you" would not sit well with me. Maybe it does right now, as Chris is so infatuated with Des, but in time, when real life sets in, who knows...
    judkay and AlwaysVeg like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Honestly I think RS and MF had a deal. I mean lets face it, they wanted a shocking ending and while I wasn't shocked a in way, it was different, but not really in a good way. Chris was always the F2 , so who knows?
    Sorry, Fanny, I can't believe this at all. TPTB wanted a shocking ending, but RS didn't. RS wants to crow about always being right. RS is one humongous 250 lb. walking ego. Never in a million years would he agree to be wrong publicly. Besides, it was more than just RS. Every spoiler I read, all with different sources, said Brooks was F1. Nobody had Chris as F1. I think that's significant. This was a massive misdirection effort on the part of TPTB, and it worked.
    judkay, Midol and Babbred like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    The message "I want this guy but I need you" would not sit well with me. Maybe it does right now, as Chris is so infatuated with Des, but in time, when real life sets in, who knows...
    Well they say love is blind, but marriage is an eye-opener, so...we'll see...
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Sorry, Fanny, I can't believe this at all. TPTB wanted a shocking ending, but RS didn't. RS wants to crow about always being right. RS is one humongous 250 lb. walking ego. Never in a million years would he agree to be wrong publicly. Besides, it was more than just RS. Every spoiler I read, all with different sources, said Brooks was F1. Nobody had Chris as F1. I think that's significant. This was a massive misdirection effort on the part of TPTB, and it worked.
    I think RS can be bought, money talks -BS walks. Chris was in the F2 though( always) so they mixed it up a little . Its over- NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post

Des' face, on GMA, spoke volumes. She knows, deep in her heart, that she doesn't love Chris.
    Did you see her face on ATFR when Brooks came out? When he first came out, her body language suggestive that she was trying very hard to keep her feelings from rising back up to the surface.

I didn't see Des and Chris on GMA so I'm going to search for it on Youtube.
    judkay likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

She said, more than once, 'I have never found someone who loved me as much as I love them.' Chris loved her more at the time she chose him. It may be different now but I sense that was what drove her decision.

I have not seen them interviewed. Remember, they were exhausted on GMA. They had been doing the interview circuit starting with Jimmy Kimmel immediately after the show wrapped.

FORT Fogey

A question. I only watched the ATFR show. Did she tell Chris that Brooks was her #1?