+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Like Tree693Likes

Thread: 8/5 Bachelorette 9: Finale Part 2/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 8/5 Bachelorette 9: Finale Part 2/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Since you opened that door...

It's weird, because over at RS people were writing in left and right, swearing that Drew must be gay. Almost every episode, somebody would comment, "I have gay friends, and Drew acts just like them."

That would have been one heck of a Bachelor if he had been chosen.
    I got a gay vibe from Drew from the start, I just finished saying - for me this was the oddest of seasons, and the guys (gay or not ), just seemed to be fillers for the two or three that stood out, or tried..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I got a gay vibe from Drew from the start, I just finished saying - for me this was the oddest of seasons, and the guys (gay or not ), just seemed to be fillers for the two or three that stood out, or tried..
    I agree. I was shocked they give the lead to JuanPa. Was he in the top 6? That shows you how much attention I pay sometimes when it is so boring.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

FORT Fogey

Anybody else think the editing and just generally wonky feel of this whole season was because of the false spoilers that were leaked to so many sources? I mean the whole show was about Des and Brooks. We were spoonfed their drama and a lot of filler about bad boys. I think we were just led by the hand down the garden path to believe Des ended up with Brooks so that TPTB could have their shocking ending, and all the spoilers would be wrong. I managed to stay unspoiled until right after HTDs, but when I finally looked around, everybody had the Brooks as F1 spoiler. Nobody had Chris as F1. On ATFR Des looked completely over Brooks, and he seemed like he couldn't care less either. They were both over it. I thought Des and Chris looked like a real couple, off to a great start.

TPTB are sneaky little monkeys. They did a good job leaking false info. Everybody bought it.
    This isnt the Sound of freaking Music were watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Anybody else think the editing and just generally wonky feel of this whole season was because of the false spoilers that were leaked to so many sources? I mean the whole show was about Des and Brooks. We were spoonfed their drama and a lot of filler about bad boys. I think we were just led by the hand down the garden path to believe Des ended up with Brooks so that TPTB could have their shocking ending, and all the spoilers would be wrong. I managed to stay unspoiled until right after HTDs, but when I finally looked around, everybody had the Brooks as F1 spoiler. Nobody had Chris as F1. On ATFR Des looked completely over Brooks, and he seemed like he couldn't care less either. They were both over it. I thought Des and Chris looked like a real couple, off to a great start.

TPTB are sneaky little monkeys. They did a good job leaking false info. Everybody bought it.
    Honestly I think RS and MF had a deal. I mean lets face it, they wanted a shocking ending and while I wasn't shocked a in way, it was different, but not really in a good way. Chris was always the F2 , so who knows?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Maybe she is just saving face, and maybe while doing that, she saw something in Chris that she hadn't seen before. I think they owe it to one another to see if they have something. Its been a very emotional time for them both. I giggle along with everyone, but I want Des to be happy in the end. Life is short, divorced couples( raising hand) have second chances, and sometimes that works
    I think Chris really, really cares for her ... he is just crazy about her ... and that will be hard to ignore.

I think the move to Seattle is not such a bad thing. He mentioned (on the Hometown I think,) that he has a job that he is really loving and asked her then if she was open to moving/living there ... and she said yes! So I think it is something they have thought about ... and her moving makes it easier for them to get to know each other and for him to settle in his job and acclimate to Seattle. Oh the boats on Puget sound !

I think it's perfectly acceptable to do it this way.
    alizarules, NEPASue and Coco46 like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post

I'm with you. They absolutely did all this knowing that most heard it was Brooks. And that's why I think they showed us Des saying she loved Brooks (as early as she did), so they could keep us believing. I thought that was very strange when I saw it, not because she said it, but because they showed us. I should have known then that something was up. They only show us things they want us to see, and they edit things so much to make us believe things they want us to. She could have been saying wonderful things about Chris all along, being more torn than we saw - but they weren't going to show us that, of course. They wanted us to think it was Brooks or nobody, and they only aired her comments that would support that.

I also agree that they seemed very happy, very genuine, on ATFR. I hope they find happiness up in Seattle and make it in the long run.

I think whoever RS was getting his inside info from got a better deal this time from MF.
    judkay likes this.

My admitted bias: I'm in a happy, committed, 2-year relationship at the moment and at the 3-month mark, both of us were ready to jump right in to forever, emotionally. We were crazy in love (he's my college sweetheart.. we reconnected after a number of years) and thought we were destined -- like pretty much every Bachelor couple on the season finale (except we actually knew each other better).

Fortunately we realized that would be stupid and that it was too soon and there was absolutely no rush, and nothing to be lost by taking our time. One of his friends said she thought a couple should go through an entire year of seasons before making life-altering decisions, and I think that is wise.

My BF and I have a solid relationship, we love each other very much, and odds are we will make it permanent some day. But for now, we are still learning about each other and growing together and working out the kinks of joining two adult lives, and that's totally fine -- for both of us.

Would we still be together now if we had jumped into something permanent at that point? Probably. Would it have been a mistake, from the standpoint of finding our way together as two separate people? Yes, probably, for us - yes.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure that Des & Chris would not be engaged right now if they had met in a normal way and been dating for a few months, so rushing into the next step just doesn't seem wise -- no matter how crazy in love they may be.
    bee stung lips likes this.

On another topic, it really seemed that Des' brother was well under control on the last episode, obediently regurgitating his spoon-fed lines. I wonder how much he was paid? I really think paying him was the only way to keep him under control.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    On another topic, it really seemed that Des' brother was well under control on the last episode, obediently regurgitating his spoon-fed lines. I wonder how much he was paid? I really think paying him was the only way to keep him under control.
    Am I the only who finds it a bit strange that Des puts so much stock in her brothers opinion of her love life, to the point of stressing herself out over it?

Strange that with the 40-year marriage of her parents , which she considers the blueprint for the type of marriage she wants for herself that she wouldn't be more concerned with her dad's opinion more so than her brother's.

Hell, we never even seen her having a heart to heart with either of her parents. But rather all the focus was on Nate's opinion. Granted, I'm sure she's had the discussion with her parents off camera but still...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    judkay, Cornholio and Midol like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread