Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Like Tree693Likes

Thread: 8/5 Bachelorette 9: Finale Part 2/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: 8/5 Bachelorette 9: Finale Part 2/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Maybe she is just saving face, and maybe while doing that, she saw something in Chris that she hadn't seen before. I think they owe it to one another to see if they have something. Its been a very emotional time for them both. I giggle along with everyone, but I want Des to be happy in the end. Life is short, divorced couples( raising hand) have second chances, and sometimes that works
    Don't know if I'm getting ahead of myself or not as I haven't seen the end of the show as yet. But there's not a thing wrong with Des and Chris exploring things to see if they're compatible with each other in a real life setting. But as far as getting engaged right now...beyond ridiculous, imo. As if a diamond suddenly makes everything all right.

All I know is, if I was Chris, I'd be very worried about being with a woman, who was madly in love with another man and heartbroken over him mere hours before pursuing a relationship with me. Seriously, if this were a man pulling this stunt, we'd be calling for his head.

Everyone kept saying how worried they were for Des, frankly, it's Chris I'm worried for. It's all easy to get caught up in the fantasy of this show, hell, even in real life, and allowing oneself to be dazzled by diamond engagement rings etc. But none of that amounts to a hill of beans if there's no real love there, or if it's one-sided love. And I'll never believe that Des fell in love in Chris that quickly. Not in a million years.

The feeling I'm getting from Des is that she wants to get married at any cost. I'm smelling the stench of desperation here. A trap I see many women falling into. They get so caught up in the idea of marriage that they'll marry a man just to say their married, in love with him or not.
    Ellen, nennie, NEPASue and 5 others like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Don't know if I'm getting ahead of myself or not as I haven't seen the end of the show as yet. But there's not a thing wrong with Des and Chris exploring things to see if they're compatible with each other in a real life setting. But as far as getting engaged right now...beyond ridiculous, imo. As if a diamond suddenly makes everything all right.

All I know is, if I was Chris, I'd be very worried about being with a woman, who was madly in love with another man and heartbroken over him mere hours before pursuing a relationship with me. Seriously, if this were a man pulling this stunt, we'd be calling for his head.

Everyone kept saying how worried they were for Des, frankly, it's Chris I'm worried for. It's all easy to get caught up in the fantasy of this show, hell, even in real life, and allowing oneself to be dazzled by diamond engagement rings etc. But none of that amounts to a hill of beans if there's no real love there, or if it's one-sided love. And I'll never believe that Des fell in love in Chris that quickly. Not in a million years.

The feeling I'm getting from Des is that she wants to get married at any cost. I'm smelling the stench of desperation here. A trap I see many women falling into. They get so caught up in the idea of marriage that they'll marry a man just to say their married, in love with him or not.
    I don't disagree with you .Once she is off my screen, I don't care very much what takes place. I would rather them be happy than not- they weren't in this for the fame - like Emily and Jef.

Nuff said from me
    bee stung lips and jucamer like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I feel like the whole ending was an attempt to play us all for fools with a "love story" manufactured out of desperation (hers and Fleiss's). One day Chris is someone she could never feel enough for to marry, and the next day he is the best man she has ever known (then what was Brooks?) and she accepts his proposal? And we're supposed to swoon over how wonderful it is that they're in love and planning to get married (which apparently some people are doing)? Chris deserves better than to be used to contrive a "wow" ending for the show.

Maybe she is just saving face, and maybe while doing that, she saw something in Chris that she hadn't seen before. I think they owe it to one another to see if they have something. Its been a very emotional time for them both. I giggle along with everyone, but I want Des to be happy in the end. Life is short, divorced couples( raising hand) have second chances, and sometimes that works
    I hope it works but the track record of this shows romances is against them especially with as much turmoil and it looking like Chris was the default guy as there was.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I feel like the whole ending was an attempt to play us all for fools with a "love story" manufactured out of desperation (hers and Fleiss's). One day Chris is someone she could never feel enough for to marry, and the next day he is the best man she has ever known (then what was Brooks?) and she accepts his proposal? And we're supposed to swoon over how wonderful it is that they're in love and planning to get married (which apparently some people are doing)? Chris deserves better than to be used to contrive a "wow" ending for the show.
    Contrived is an understatement. Fake, fake, fake! All those tears she shed, werent for her newly discovered love for Chris, but rather her heartbreak over Brooks.

And speaking of Brooks, could he look any more metrosexual than he looked on the ATFR show?
    Cornholio likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    I hope it works but the track record of this shows romances is against them especially with as much turmoil and it looking like Chris was the default guy as there was.
    They are both adults, they know what's going on. I think over the past months the subject of Brooks has likely come up a lot. If Chris is okay with all this, I am not too worried about him, or her. Molly was second to Melissa, and they got married
    BTW, alizarules, NEPASue and 2 others like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Contrived is an understatement. Fake, fake, fake! All those tears she shed, werent for her newly discovered love for Chris, but rather her heartbreak over Brooks.

And speaking of Brooks, could he look any more metrosexual than he looked on the ATFR show?
    I think Brooks is gay and have for sometime.
    -Andy Rooney-

Chris...again with the poetry....UGH! Am I the only woman who hates cheesy love poems???
    Ellen, NEPASue and judkay like this.

Maybe that's why he couldn't fall in love with Des.

Since you opened that door...

It's weird, because over at RS people were writing in left and right, swearing that Drew must be gay. Almost every episode, somebody would comment, "I have gay friends, and Drew acts just like them."

That would have been one heck of a Bachelor if he had been chosen.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!