Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Like Tree693Likes

Thread: 8/5 Bachelorette 9: Finale Part 2/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Re: 8/5 Bachelorette 9: Finale Part 2/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

To get a sense of Chris during the show, I read back through the micro-caps rather than re-watching everything. Chris was always her fall-back guy should Brooks not come up to scratch. She knew that was a real possibility with all his hesitations. So, back-up guy becomes number one guy, but it wasn't much of a stretch for her to make that transition.
    judkay likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

I wouldn't want to be someone's fall-back woman if the woman he really wanted didn't want him, I can tell you that!
    bee stung lips, Midol and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Don't forget they have been getting alone time the past three months. According to what I've read, quite a lot of it including another trip to see his family.
    Very true, thankfully. I remember Jason joking about how his first day/night with Melissa after the proposal pretty much doubled their total time together. But it still isn't 'real' -- travelling on the show's dime and having to keep everything under wraps and living in the protected bubble.

Plus long-distance relationships always have that fantasy edge -- especially at the beginning; it seems more like a series of mini-vacations than snippets of real life. I remember I never even wanted to do laundry when my BF was in town -- or waste time cleaning or paying bills or spending time with friends or anything else. And I was always on my best behavior at the beginning.

Des & Chris might just make it work, and I really hope for the best. There is still no way I would move in with a guy so quickly in a relationship, but that's just me. I know it works sometimes and obviously these two believe it will work for them, so it's really none of my business... but there is just sooooo much they don't know about each other yet, and it just seems like combining lives into a 24/7 arrangement is a bit premature. Wishing them well, for sure.
    Last edited by Pandora2; 08-06-2013 at 09:29 PM.
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post

...or the cut list from the old "Flavor of Love" and "Charm School" series?
    And what was the show on the tour bus -- Rock of Love? Could be fun to watch. For about 10 minutes.
    Ellen likes this.

Well, I hope they are happy. As usual I will say - everyone deserves some happy in their lives- that includes these two
    NEPASue, navybelle, Coco46 and 1 others like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I wouldn't want to be someone's fall-back woman if the woman he really wanted didn't want him, I can tell you that!
    Watching the show now and Des' words as she goes to meet Chris after letting Drew go are very telling. She said, quote, "this is my last chance to find love". That says it all to me. She quickly got rid of Drew and is now making out as though she's been more into Chris than anyone else all along. Phony baloney, Des....seriously, girl.

But I guess as per the show's policy, one must give the viewers a happy ending, no matter how manufactured it is.
    nennie, judkay, Midol and 3 others like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Come on, am I the only one who thinks this relationship is dead in the water?? I can't be...
    Ellen, judkay and Pandora2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Come on, am I the only one who thinks this relationship is dead in the water?? I can't be...
    I am right there with you. Something was missing big time with them. A going through the motions kind of thing. I may get fooled royally. I am wondering if she will marry him just to show people it wasn't just talk or a failure.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    I am right there with you. Something was missing big time with them. A going through the motions kind of thing. I may get fooled royally. I am wondering if she will marry him just to show people it wasn't just talk or a failure.
    Exactly. She seems hellbent on making sure she didn't go on the show in vain, hence her conjured up feelings and make-believe love for Chris. I'm not buying into this at all.
    judkay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Exactly. She seems hellbent on making sure she didn't go on the show in vain, hence her conjured up feelings and make-believe love for Chris. I'm not buying into this at all.
    Maybe she is just saving face, and maybe while doing that, she saw something in Chris that she hadn't seen before. I think they owe it to one another to see if they have something. Its been a very emotional time for them both. I giggle along with everyone, but I want Des to be happy in the end. Life is short, divorced couples( raising hand) have second chances, and sometimes that works
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-