Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Like Tree693Likes

Thread: 8/5 Bachelorette 9: Finale Part 2/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 8/5 Bachelorette 9: Finale Part 2/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by CookieJ View Post
    I have watched every season of the Bachelor and Bachelorette and can usually predict the ones that will go south. I knew Aaron and Helene wouldn't last. Knew Blob and Estella wouldn't last through the month after the show ended. I figured either Jake or Vienna would be in jail for assaulting each other by now. I honestly DID think that Ali and Roberto would last so it surprised me when that relationship ended, but the romantic in me still feels there is hope for that couple down the road.

I understand why Des got wrapped up in Brooks and put the other guys on the back burner. It doesn't mean that she didn't care about the other guys and wasn't building relationships with them, but I think she had her guard completely up with the others because there was "something about Brooks". Maybe it was the fact that she had to try harder with him (ala Deanna and Graham) or because he has that sculpted face/chin dimple thing going on.. either way, I think she was dazzled by him. When he took himself out of the picture I think it was pride as much as emotion that made her break down. When actually thought about it later, I think she realized it was probably for the best.

Des said several times on the show that she never felt worthy, that no one had ever loved her as much as she loved them. My personal experience was very similar. I can relate to Des in this situation. Chris is the kind, loving, generous, stable man that would be perfect for her, but when you don't feel worthy of that kind of man, you don't let yourself fall completely. You feel that deep down that kind of man would never want you, so you should probably stick with the kind of guy you've always been with in the past, even if that meant you might get hurt. 16 years ago a loving, generous, stable, ethical and hardworking man that made me laugh every day pursued me and it was my first instinct to run the other way because "Nice guys don't want me, he won't stick around". After a lot of soul searching I came to the conclusion that I did deserve this type of man and this type of relationship, and I stopped running. We're coming up on 14 years married and it's been the happiest 14 years of my life.

My point is, I don't think she let Chris all the way in because she didn't feel that he would ever really want her. Brooks was the unattainable one that she had to work for, and I think that was appealing to her. When Brooks was gone, and she told Chris her feelings about the situation, he never wavered. I think she realized then that this man loved HER, that she was worthy. She let him all the way in and realized that the best man for her was there all along, all she had to do was let that guard down and let him in. I wish them all the best.. and maybe I'll see them here in Seattle so I can tell them that myself.

Cookie
    This is beautiful and insightful, Cookie, but did you go from being in love with one of those unattainables who could never really love you and who broke your heart, to being engaged to a stable, loving, generous guy a few days later? There lies the huge difference. I like Chris. I even like Des, although as was said in another post, I don't care for the needy type of woman who feels that she has to have a man. On The View this morning, Whoopi pondered whether Desiree has ever heard the phrase "rebound guy," and although I don't want to minimize whatever value each of them is getting from this relationship, the timing of her declarations of love for Chris is really pretty ludicrous when you think about it. We're supposed to believe that Des, who apparently by her own admission had, up until that very moment, a pattern of choosing the wrong guy had such an epiphany on the island of Antigua after Brooks left that she became completely aware of the error of her ways and was immediately able to commit to Mr. Wonderful, one of two guys she just said she could never love enough to choose? While it was obvious she was attracted to Chris (and not to Drew), this instantaneous turn-around is just too suspect. Besides, both of their speeches during the FRC and proposal were just too "perfect" to be spontaneous. In her case, we were told as she approached the proposal site that she still didn't know what to do. That doesn't sound like something that would be said by someone who knows she's in love with the only guy left and wants to marry him.

While I did think that the producers had twisted Brooks's arm to make him go back, I began to doubt it when Des and Chris H had that little pseudo-therapy session in which Des seemed to be brushing off Brooks's rejection and said she was ready to carry on. Wow, that was easy. Professional therapists, take note of how fast you can help your clients recover from crushing heartbreak. I still didn't think she would accept a proposal from Chris because it makes her look like a flake, and Chris like a fool. (Yes, I know it worked for Ashley and JP, but Bentley had left long before the FRC.) In fact, everyone was thrown under the bus in some way. Besides Des's miraculous emotional recovery ... including manipulation of the viewers into disregarding everything she had just said about wanting Brooks and weeping about how it was all over for her and all she wanted now was to go home ... and Chris's meteoric rise from F2 to F1 while being totally unconscious of the fact that he was the only one left and clueless that Des wanted Brooks and only Brooks just a few days ago, there's poor Drew who just got one of the two roses despite Des knowing that she didn't want him. I'm glad he grilled her at the ATFR, but I wish he had asked her point blank why she gave him that rose. Of course, not giving him the rose would have meant that she was choosing Chris right there and then, and Fleiss wouldn't forgo the drama and "surprise" of the FRC. And speaking of that, poor Chris probably was on the verge of heart failure when Des stopped him from proposing and started talking about her love for Brooks.

Then there's Brooks, who, although he wasn't pushed to make a comeback after all, did look like he would have preferred to be anywhere but on that stage at the ATFR. He had every right to leave the show when he did if he wasn't feeling it for Des, but the producers made such a big deal of revealing fairly early on that Des wanted him and only him that he couldn't help but wind up looking like a bad guy for dumping her and never mind that insanely protracted, rambling, mumbled speech he made. They should have given him a script for that like they do for everything else.

I wish Des and Chris all the best, and if her "epiphany" was real at all, perhaps they can make it.

Not gonna watch JPab's season, but hopefully he will not be mentioning Camilla 17 times per episode as Emily did with Ricki, and that he won't wind up choosing a hipster chick who rolls in on a skateboard broadcasting for all the world to see (except him) that she is in no way mature stepmother material.
    Last edited by AlwaysVeg; 08-06-2013 at 03:20 PM.
    Midol and Babbred like this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Desiree was determined land a man from doing this show. I haven't yet watched last night's episode but did Chris even watch last week's episode and see Desire crumbling to pieces over Brooks' leaving? Did he even???
    prhoshay likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Desiree was determined land a man from doing this show. I haven't yet watched last night's episode but did Chris even watch last week's episode and see Desire crumbling to pieces over Brooks' leaving? Did he even???
    Nope. He said on GMA and Kelly & Michael this morning that he did not watch it! Poor guy, everyone else did.
    bee stung lips, Midol and Babbred like this.

FORT Fogey

Yeah, Des settled. Her heart wanted Brooks and when he bolted, her head decided to give Chris a go. She had feelings for Chris, but not at the same level that he had for her. She at least realized that Chris had everything that she should want, and was willing to love her the way she needed to be loved. The last three months seem to have been good for them and their relationship. The real world can be a tough place for a new couple, particularly under these circumstances, but starting fresh together in Seattle seems like a step in the right direction. I wish them well. Des settled, but IMO she traded up. Way up. I hope she doesn't screw it up.

The last 30 minutes of this show was pretty good. Really very good. The only thing that would have made it better would be for the cameras to pan the live audience while the credits rolled and everybody be sitting there eating meatball hoagies. No words, just eating. And looking for the remote.
    Coco46, Pandora2, Babbred and 1 others like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Nope. He said on GMA and Kelly & Michael this morning that he did not watch it! Poor guy, everyone else did.
    Is he stupid or what. Something isn't quite right with this ending. There was a moment right as Brooks was about to come out a look albeit fleeting came on her face. Don't think she was over him. Half the time I couldn't hear what she was saying at the proposal.
    bee stung lips and Midol like this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I may be alone here - but I would love to see Des's brother as a bachelor! He's pretty hot and certainly knows how to cut through the bs! I would love it!

Quote Originally Posted by tickerrose View Post
    I may be alone here - but I would love to see Des's brother as a bachelor! He's pretty hot and certainly knows how to cut through the bs! I would love it!
    I think Nate looks like they let him out of jail, well for the two weeks he was needed.
    prhoshay, nanarama, Coco46 and 1 others like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

This is beautiful and insightful, Cookie, but did you go from being in love with one of those unattainables who could never really love you and who broke your heart, to being engaged to a stable, loving, generous guy a few days later? There lies the huge difference.
    As I have been saying, I absolutely do not believe that this happened in a few days! Remember ... there were signs and "red flags" and I just think he let them ... TPTB ...know in advance ... at least by the hometown dates and possibly way before that and they asked/paid him to stay because they knew Des wanted him. I think Des was also told a long time ago and made an informed and then again PAID decision to honor her contractual obligations.

I like Chris. I even like Des, although as was said in another post, I don't care for the needy type of woman who feels that she has to have a man. On The View this morning, Whoopi pondered whether Desiree has ever heard the phrase "rebound guy," and although I don't want to minimize whatever value each of them is getting from this relationship, the timing of her declarations of love for Chris is really pretty ludicrous when you think about it. We're supposed to believe that Des, who apparently by her own admission had, up until that very moment, a pattern of choosing the wrong guy had such an epiphany on the island of Antigua after Brooks left that she became completely aware of the error of her ways and was immediately able to commit to Mr. Wonderful, one of two guys she just said she could never love enough to choose? While it was obvious she was attracted to Chris (and not to Drew), this instantaneous turn aroundis just too suspect. Besides, both of their speeches during the FRC and proposal were just too "perfect" to be spontaneous. In her case, we were told as she approached the proposal site that she still didn't know what to do. That doesn't sound like something that would be said by someone who knows she's in love with the only guy left and wants to marry him.
    Again I do not believe that there was anything blindsiding or spontaneous about any of it! All of it was scripted, except for Brook's rejection Speech/Audition for whatever.

While I did think that the producers had twisted Brooks's arm to make him go back, I began to doubt it when Des and Chris H had that little pseudo-therapy session in which Des seemed to be brushing off Brooks's rejection and said she was ready to carry on. Wow, that was easy. Professional therapists, take note of how fast you can help your clients recover from crushing heartbreak. I still didn't think she would accept a proposal from Chris because it makes her look like a flake, and Chris like a fool. (Yes, I know it worked for Ashley and JP, but Bentley had left long before the FRC.) In fact, everyone was thrown under the bus in some way. Besides Des's miraculous emotional recovery ... including manipulation of the viewers into disregarding everything she had just said about wanting Brooks and weeping about how it was all over for her and all she wanted now was to go home ... and Chris's meteoric rise from F2 to F1 while being totally unconscious of the fact that he was the only one left and clueless that Des wanted Brooks and only Brooks just a few days ago, there's poor Drew who just got one of the two roses despite Des knowing that she didn't want him. I'm glad he grilled her at the ATFR, but I wish he had asked her point blank why she gave him that rose. Of course, not giving him the rose would have meant that she was choosing Chris right there and then, and Fleiss wouldn't forgo the drama and "surprise" of the FRC. And speaking of that, poor Chris probably was on the verge of heart failure when Des stopped him from proposing and started talking about her love for Brooks.
    No crushing heartbreak or miraculous recovery in my opinion. Maybe, just maybe ... she figured he was such a jerk, and ruthlessly just erased him and went to plan D ... to take care of Desiree. I have known people who once crossed can do that/

Then there's Brooks, who, although he wasn't pushed to make a comeback after all, did look like he would have preferred to be anywhere but on that stage at the ATFR. He had every right to leave the show when he did if he wasn't feeling it for Des, but the producers made such a big deal of revealing fairly early on that Des wanted him and only him that he couldn't help but wind up looking like a bad guy for dumping her and never mind that insanely protracted, rambling, mumbled speech he made. They should have given him a script for that like they do for everything else.
    All of that and the "red flags" is why I think news of his exit was known well in advance,

I wish Des and Chris all the best, and if her "epiphany" was real at all, perhaps they can make it.
    I feel sorriest for Drew.

Not gonna watch JPab's season, but hopefully he will not be mentioning Camilla 17 times per episode as Emily did with Ricki, and that he won't wind up choosing a hipster chick who rolls in on a skateboard broadcasting for all the world to see (except him) that she is in no way mature stepmother material.
    He should be looking for a wife. Camilla already has a mother.
    I have seen how these things work out. When Camilla's Mother calls and says she needs him because the furnace went out and Camilla is cold ... he'll be pulling the blankets off his wife and running over with it.

There is also the matter of his time and at some point his estate ... and how it will be shared with future children.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Gawd...has he no shame?? I wonder what his family thinks of him accepting "second" place.
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tickerrose View Post
    i may be alone here - but i would love to see des's brother as a bachelor! He's pretty hot and certainly knows how to cut through the bs! I would love it!
    ewwww!
    prhoshay and jucamer like this.