Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Like Tree693Likes

Thread: 8/5 Bachelorette 9: Finale Part 2/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 8/5 Bachelorette 9: Finale Part 2/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    As much as the last 10 minutes of the ending was a surprise, it doesn't make up for the rest of this crappy season. And to be honest, even this most shocking finale...EVER, wasn't that much of a shock. There was so much filler and fluff in that final two hours, they were using every trick in the book to distract from that ending because it came out of left field. I hope they really are happy, but, I find it hard to believe anything will really come of this. For their sake I hope I am wrong because that must have been really hard for Chris to watch if he is the nice, sincere guy I think he is and I hope Des isn't so desparate to have talked herself into somethign just to save face. As always, time will tell.
    I feel the exact same way you do on this. I was surprised. VERY surprised. I would have bet the bank that Brooks was going to become The Comeback Kid. Even at the beginning of ATFR, I expected a Jason/Melissa/Molly situation, with them admitting that Des/Chris broke up almost immediately after FRC.
    But that didn't change the fact that this season was boring with a dud cast. The finale was a sleeper 'till the last 5-10 minutes. But it didn't leave me happy. It left me with a very negative opinion of Des. Moreso than before.

She came across like one of those desperate pathetic needy women who think that after a bad breakup, the first thing you do is leap in the sack with any/every other man to "try to make the pain go away" and try to force love to happen because they're "afraid to be alone". That type of woman makes the rest of us women all look pathetic as a group. She set us back 60 years into the 1950's.

I always said Chris was the best guy of the bunch, although dull as a box of rocks.
    I feel sorry for him being her clear F2 who became default "winner". He deserved & deserves better.
    Although, the exact same thing happened with Ashley. She wanted Bentley, plain & simple. JP was F2 who became default "winner" out of desperation for her not to be left alone. And look how that worked out!
    When Ashley got married to her choice, I softened on my negative opinion of her a little. I was proved wrong & I fully admit it.

Des has now taken her place in my mind as my Least Liked Bachelorette Ever. I can't stand weak, desperate, needy women.

On the bright side: Juan Pablo is the new Bachelor. That saved the night for me.
    alizarules and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

When Des proclaimed her love for Brooks, I told my husband she was either "in lust" or in love with the idea of being in love. I just didn't see real love there (though, admittedly, the producers try to hide any love connection). I had expected Brooks to come back though, and figured they'd end up together, but it wouldn't last.

The odds aren't good, but I'm wishing all the best for Chris and Des...

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    As much as the last 10 minutes of the ending was a surprise, it doesn't make up for the rest of this crappy season. And to be honest, even this most shocking finale...EVER, wasn't that much of a shock. There was so much filler and fluff in that final two hours, they were using every trick in the book to distract from that ending because it came out of left field. I hope they really are happy, but, I find it hard to believe anything will really come of this. For their sake I hope I am wrong because that must have been really hard for Chris to watch if he is the nice, sincere guy I think he is and I hope Des isn't so desparate to have talked herself into somethign just to save face. As always, time will tell.
    You know, I can't help but think that Brooks talked to CH and told him he was leaving ... and they told him okay but you have to do a few things.
    So MF set up that whole extra home visit, the CH counseling session, and the sitting on the dock of the bay bawling thing. I firmly believe that Des was not "blindsided" that day at the dock. I believe she knew, and that was a set up. Maybe he found out that he was not going to be the F1 and decided to dump her first. He sure didn't look like he cared much for her at the ATFR. Nope! Everything since the home-towns was a set up and for all we know that extra scene with Mommy and Sissy was filmed back then!

I wonder what Zak is thinking!

By the way, I don't like Juan Paul as the Bachelor and it will take a lot to change my mind. I also didn't like Sean ... and he didn't grow on me until DWTS.
    Juan Paul needs to learn some humility and stop with the looking for a step-mom thing. Who has custody of Camilla?
    You can keep him with "Carla" Camilla's mom and his little princess. I'll take that Bentley that Des was driving.
    Ellen likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I always said Chris was the best guy of the bunch, although dull as a box of rocks.
    I feel sorry for him being her clear F2 who became default "winner
    They were all pretty dull..This season was only good for two whole hours - the rest was a tidal wave of boredom and tears. I just hope Juan Pablo is not a crier
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I am glad she chose Chris! I always liked him and found Brooks so flakey! Sometimes it's the quiet, persistent, solid one that outlasts the flashy, hot burning flame. It takes a smart woman to realize that. From personal experience, the ones that I had instant chemistry with (meaning, hot sparks) always fizzled out and disappointed, whereas the ones that started with a slow burn were the most enduring. I just wish Fleiss would not have made such a long agonizing arc about Brooks. All that crying was exhausting and did not make for a happy tv watching until the last few minutes.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Zero interest in Juan Pablo as the next Bachelor. Hear me? I said a big, fat ZERO.
    Thor and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Des is an idiot; Chris is an idiot. Nothing about this pairing makes sense. People-please much, people?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Chris was dull to me too. When they were on the ATFR and she kept kissing him it reminded me of DeAnna kissing Jesse all the time and it was like she was trying to convince people she was really in love. Time will tell. It seemed last night she had this little silly giggle.
    bee stung lips and Midol like this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieJ View Post
    I have watched every season of the Bachelor and Bachelorette and can usually predict the ones that will go south. I knew Aaron and Helene wouldn't last. Knew Blob and Estella wouldn't last through the month after the show ended. I figured either Jake or Vienna would be in jail for assaulting each other by now. I honestly DID think that Ali and Roberto would last so it surprised me when that relationship ended, but the romantic in me still feels there is hope for that couple down the road.

I understand why Des got wrapped up in Brooks and put the other guys on the back burner. It doesn't mean that she didn't care about the other guys and wasn't building relationships with them, but I think she had her guard completely up with the others because there was "something about Brooks". Maybe it was the fact that she had to try harder with him (ala Deanna and Graham) or because he has that sculpted face/chin dimple thing going on.. either way, I think she was dazzled by him. When he took himself out of the picture I think it was pride as much as emotion that made her break down. When actually thought about it later, I think she realized it was probably for the best.

Des said several times on the show that she never felt worthy, that no one had ever loved her as much as she loved them. My personal experience was very similar. I can relate to Des in this situation. Chris is the kind, loving, generous, stable man that would be perfect for her, but when you don't feel worthy of that kind of man, you don't let yourself fall completely. You feel that deep down that kind of man would never want you, so you should probably stick with the kind of guy you've always been with in the past, even if that meant you might get hurt. 16 years ago a loving, generous, stable, ethical and hardworking man that made me laugh every day pursued me and it was my first instinct to run the other way because "Nice guys don't want me, he won't stick around". After a lot of soul searching I came to the conclusion that I did deserve this type of man and this type of relationship, and I stopped running. We're coming up on 14 years married and it's been the happiest 14 years of my life.

My point is, I don't think she let Chris all the way in because she didn't feel that he would ever really want her. Brooks was the unattainable one that she had to work for, and I think that was appealing to her. When Brooks was gone, and she told Chris her feelings about the situation, he never wavered. I think she realized then that this man loved HER, that she was worthy. She let him all the way in and realized that the best man for her was there all along, all she had to do was let that guard down and let him in. I wish them all the best.. and maybe I'll see them here in Seattle so I can tell them that myself.

Cookie

That was incredibly beautiful. Let's just say that I relate.

Bee, it's a shame that we disagree about JPablo. I am really looking forward to next season. But as I said above, I have been pre-conditioned to like him. Hubby watches a lot of international soccer, so I see Hispanic teams all the time. The manager of England's top-rated team is a Spaniard with silvery hair and an accent that would melt butter. (Think "The Most Interesting Man in the World" here.) I remember when we lived in England a few years ago. In the Style section of our newsaper, this columnist wrote about how she stood in line behind said manager at a movie and got to chatting with him. Even though she's a professional journalist, happily married, and a mother...she melted. I think I'm in good company, then.
    Last edited by Babbred; 08-06-2013 at 02:11 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I, once, heard a woman say (when asked if she loved the man she had agreed to marry), that she thought she could COME to love him. I thought that was an interesting take, and very similar to what is going on here.
    bee stung lips, NEPASue and Midol like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!