Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Like Tree693Likes

Thread: 8/5 Bachelorette 9: Finale Part 2/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 8/5 Bachelorette 9: Finale Part 2/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post

The most surprising thing to me, after not watching the season, was the next Bachelor. Didn't he leave fairly early? Other than Bob Guiney, have we had a Bachelor/ette who was not at least in the F4?

You're correct. Normally, the next Bachelor/ette comes from one of the final candidates. It's been that way now for several seasons. That's why I laughed when CH announced, "Due to overwhelming response..." Clearly MF and company knew they couldn't pick Drew the Dud (which is what the blogs had been saying would happen). They knew that they had to do something to woo the fans back who were going to leave after this snoozefest of a season. And once again, kudos to TPTB on this show. They hit it out of the ballpark by picking Juan Pablo!

Ok, now somebody tell me how to upload a photo into your avatar. I want to put the new Bachelor in.
    NEPASue likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    OK. Just watched the happy couple on Kelly and Michael and poor, sweet Chris admitted that he has not watched the last episode with Brooks. You could just hear the gasp coming from the audience. They agreed that he would only watch the happy parts because the past does not define them.???? Sorry, but that is not good. To me that is her hiding stuff from him already. People will be on him about what happened. The fact that he doesn't know, just makes him look like a sap. I wonder what his family thinks of all this now that they have...hopefully...seen the show?
    Eh, my thoughts - and what I have seen said from the couples who have actually been successful - is that the relationship doesn't really start on the show. It starts after the show ends. Doesn't mean that Chris wasn't her second choice and that they will make it. But I also don't think it makes him a sap. I think it makes him someone who is realistic that she had connections and feelings for the other guys. If she has been 100% committed to him since the show ended, well then maybe they have a chance.
    BTW and Kip like this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Well low and behold...just got back in from a run and was planning to settle in and watch the show to see the outcome...walk into my bedroom where I'd left the TV on from earlier and without realizing glanced at the TV in time to see Des and Chris and Kelly & Michael.

So much for that surprise, eh....

Anyway, off to watch the show regardless, because I just have to see what led up to Chris acceptance of being Des' second choice. This I have to see...
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one Midol. The way the boards have been blowing up on other sites - it definitely was a big shock to a majority of the viewers.
    Oh, I don't disagree that most viewers were surprised...and the spoiled ones maybe even more so since the spoiler was wrong, I was speaking specifically about myself. It just felt as if it dragged on and on and CH wasted lots of time with the audience etc. It just seemed to me as if they were stalling and trying to distract from the actual ending so that when they actually got down to business...and the surprise twist...it felt flat to me and hence, not all that shocking. Honestly, it felt like the rest of the season to me...I know I should be more excited/entertained, but, it just felt kind of blah. The thing is I watched the ending with someone who was unspoiled and I really wanted her opinion on the ending and she was the same...she said that came out of nowhere and she really ddn't buy it after all the drama from last week. It really felt like a very underwhelming season to me and actually, kind of depressing. Particularly now that I know the poor guy really doesn't know what went down. I should feel happy for the new couple, but, in reality I just feel kind of sad. .
    Last edited by Midol; 08-06-2013 at 10:35 AM.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

FORT Fogey

I just watched part of the first episode and part of this one. Desiree had shrieked when Larry tore her dress. I had no interest in watching The Shrieker find love. I watched part of the finale. The show started out with Desiree crying and crying, when Chris Harrison talked to her and when she talked to the guys... not a cheerful show. I should have turned the show off sooner. I skipped about twenty minutes of the show. Then I watched more of the show and found out that Desiree seemed to quickly fall in love with bachelor Chris after the guy she was in love with left. Well...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Well, color me shocked! Something smells in Seattle and it ain't that famous fish market Sean and Cat visited on Cat's hometown date.

It's difficult to gauge the exact time frame that all of this went down, but really, how can Desiree bounce back so quickly from the heartbreak and devastation of Brooks' departure? Chris, at best, is rebound guy. Saw them on GMA this morning and Lara Spencer asked Chris how he felt watching the episodes as it aired. Chris, oddly enough, said that he had decided not to watch them. I know JP from Ashley's season did not watch the show after he proposed to Ashley, but I honestly can't see how he doesn't think he was second choice and she is somehow settling. I think Chris is very nice, so I don't mean settling in that way, but obviously she was not ga ga over Chris and Brooks was the one she wanted. Now, in the real world, when your heart gets broken, you mourn, dust yourself off, and go on with your life and maybe give that cute guy who's been wanting to date you, a chance. Then, maybe then, when your heart is open to love, you can begin a relationship and let love grow. Love takes time. So, I would have respected Des much more if she had not wanted the proposal. She should have explained to Chris what happened with Brooks and how she was feeling BEFORE he met her parents. THEN, let him decide if he wanted to go ahead with the proposal. I think she should have suggested that they date in real life after the show ended and then see where it goes. I think it is a good sign that she is moving to Seattle and does not seem to have the Hollywood aspirations that so may other 'ettes do *cough Ali, cough Emily*. Well, I will hope for the best as I do think she is a sweet gal and Chris seems like a nice guy.
    First, Fleiss pulled off a huge one this time! He certainly got me. Even the live audience (save for a person or two) no matter how hard Chris Harrison prompted thought Chris had a chance; however, did Fleiss overplay his hand? Is this romance believable? It was just a matter of a few days between that whole scene and all of those wrenching emotional declarations over Brooks and the proposal from Chris. The man (Chris) we saw no doubt is a worth candidate, but realistically a broken heart does not mend in a few days.

She wanted someone to love her badly and obviously someone of quality. Chris looks like she might have seen during those last couple of days ( and maybe even with some counseling from the show's psychologist) as that someone with whom she could begin to build that love from a foundation that was already started. She did not look excited, or that much in love at the FRC, but she did look like she recognized what she had available - that there was a (small) love and a good beginning.

Clearly, she settled, but there was something between them, and it was obvious that he is a good man who cares a lot for her. Maybe she can completely let go of Brooks and let Chris take his place; however, that takes time which she is giving.
    Even if he doesn't watch the episodes, however, everybody else did ( family, acquintances, friends), and it is going to be rough. I hope they can survive it.
    nanarama, KatesMom, Midol and 2 others like this.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    First, Fleiss pulled off a huge one this time! He certainly got me. Even the live audience (save for a person or two) no matter how hard Chris Harrison prompted thought Chris had a chance; however, did Fleiss overplay his hand? Is this romance believable? It was just a matter of a few days between that whole scene and all of those wrenching emotional declarations over Brooks and the proposal from Chris. The man (Chris) we saw no doubt is a worth candidate, but realistically a broken heart does not mend in a few days.

She wanted someone to love her badly and obviously someone of quality. Chris looks like she might have seen during those last couple of days ( and maybe even with some counseling from the show's psychologist) as that someone with whom she could begin to build that love from a foundation that was already started. She did not look excited, or that much in love at the FRC, but she did look like she recognized what she had available - that there was a (small) love and a good beginning.

Clearly, she settled, but there was something between them, and it was obvious that he is a good man who cares a lot for her. Maybe she can completely let go of Brooks and let Chris take his place; however, that takes time which she is giving.
    Even if he doesn't watch the episodes, however, everybody else did ( family, acquintances, friends), and it is going to be rough. I hope they can survive it.

I totally agree she settled. I feel like I wasted 3 hours of my time last night. It was very obvious Brooks didn't want to be there and he told her he didn't love her but they used him to play up the suspense. She was balling slobbering over the hills about Brooks and I will never believe she got from him to Chris in such a short span. Maybe she is a good actress. I didn't care who was the F1 no horse in this race but I really think Des wanted a husband and she left with a proposal. Will have to see if they can make something of but like you said his family and friends watched how she acted will they have doubts.
    Midol likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    I totally agree she settled. I feel like I wasted 3 hours of my time last night. It was very obvious Brooks didn't want to be there and he told her he didn't love her but they used him to play up the suspense. She was balling slobbering over the hills about Brooks and I will never believe she got from him to Chris in such a short span. Maybe she is a good actress. I didn't care who was the F1 no horse in this race but I really think Des wanted a husband and she left with a proposal. Will have to see if they can make something of but like you said his family and friends watched how she acted will they have doubts.
    That's just it. I don't doubt his feelings. I don't doubt that she felt something for him...not Brooks kind of stuff, but she likes/cares about him. They can try to hide from what happened on the show all they want by saying the past doesn't matter, but, other people saw what we all saw. His family and his friends. If he was my son/friend I would be very protective about him now and really get him to question what is really going on. Reality will set in now. If they had just agreed to date and she had expressed her doubts because of everything she had gone through, I would be solidly in their corner. She is nice. He is nice. They seem to have a lot of stuff in common. Why shouldn't they be happy together? BUT....she did a 180 in a few days!!! I'm sorry, but, people just don't switch feelings on and off like that. I am questioning her motives and her behaviour. I know there are those who love this and think it is all very romantic, but, it just makes me sad for him and how he is coming across...not just to majority of viewers, but, particularly family and friends. Now this type of questioning by outsiders may just bring them together and strengthen their bond or it could tear them apart. Lucky for them they are in Seattle with Jason and Molly and who better to get advice from than those two who went through their own hell after this show? Time will tell. Good luck to them...they are going to need it!
    nennie, Pandora2 and Babbred like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I've posted interviews and clips from Jimmy Kimmel (Baby Bachelor) and GMA in Desiree's Blog thread.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I have watched every season of the Bachelor and Bachelorette and can usually predict the ones that will go south. I knew Aaron and Helene wouldn't last. Knew Blob and Estella wouldn't last through the month after the show ended. I figured either Jake or Vienna would be in jail for assaulting each other by now. I honestly DID think that Ali and Roberto would last so it surprised me when that relationship ended, but the romantic in me still feels there is hope for that couple down the road.

I understand why Des got wrapped up in Brooks and put the other guys on the back burner. It doesn't mean that she didn't care about the other guys and wasn't building relationships with them, but I think she had her guard completely up with the others because there was "something about Brooks". Maybe it was the fact that she had to try harder with him (ala Deanna and Graham) or because he has that sculpted face/chin dimple thing going on.. either way, I think she was dazzled by him. When he took himself out of the picture I think it was pride as much as emotion that made her break down. When actually thought about it later, I think she realized it was probably for the best.

Des said several times on the show that she never felt worthy, that no one had ever loved her as much as she loved them. My personal experience was very similar. I can relate to Des in this situation. Chris is the kind, loving, generous, stable man that would be perfect for her, but when you don't feel worthy of that kind of man, you don't let yourself fall completely. You feel that deep down that kind of man would never want you, so you should probably stick with the kind of guy you've always been with in the past, even if that meant you might get hurt. 16 years ago a loving, generous, stable, ethical and hardworking man that made me laugh every day pursued me and it was my first instinct to run the other way because "Nice guys don't want me, he won't stick around". After a lot of soul searching I came to the conclusion that I did deserve this type of man and this type of relationship, and I stopped running. We're coming up on 14 years married and it's been the happiest 14 years of my life.

My point is, I don't think she let Chris all the way in because she didn't feel that he would ever really want her. Brooks was the unattainable one that she had to work for, and I think that was appealing to her. When Brooks was gone, and she told Chris her feelings about the situation, he never wavered. I think she realized then that this man loved HER, that she was worthy. She let him all the way in and realized that the best man for her was there all along, all she had to do was let that guard down and let him in. I wish them all the best.. and maybe I'll see them here in Seattle so I can tell them that myself.

Cookie