Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Like Tree693Likes

Thread: 8/5 Bachelorette 9: Finale Part 2/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 8/5 Bachelorette 9: Finale Part 2/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Just finished watching AFTR, and I believe in Des & Chris. I don't think of either them are good enough actors to portray anything else. Good idea to get out of LA. I wish them the best on this journey in the real world!

Juan Pablo is going to be a kick...pun completely intended
    ilja likes this.

ITA Midol. They seem genuinely sweet together but they also remind me of the handful of serious (2-3 year) relationships I've had at the 3-month mark. It's a deliriously happy time, it feels like it's going to last forever, and it may even be love. But no way is it real just yet.

BTW -- I think that if Des did have any shred of feeling left for Brooks before tonight, his whole "you have a way of making people feel special and I got caught up in that but it was stupid of me to think that had anything to do with feelings for you" speech put that to rest!
    Lizard and 1EnglishJumper like this.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Chris said it happened for him on the rooftop rose portion of the dodge ball date where they danced to the singer. During the date on the water and the island before Barcelona, Des kept talking about the chemistry between them. At that point I figured he was the F2 chemistry guy, and he was until Brooks pulled up stakes.

For once, chemistry guy/girl made it to the sweet spot.

The brother liked Chris even knowing that earlier she loved Brooks (their convo in LA.)

She always got all moony over his bad poetry. She can hold her own on his field of dreams. I think they are a very good fit.

That she is moving immediately to Seattle, and that they are getting a new place together for their new life together speaks to a deeper bonding since the show.

And then there is the thing that I like him.

Congratulations to them!
    BTW, angelic_one2002, Kip and 8 others like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Chris Harrison's extra long blog is posted in his blog thread.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Greatest tattoo ever! DisneyFreeek's Avatar

Re: 7/29 Bachelorette 9: Finale Part 1 **West Coast Spoilers**

I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY!! Finally someone who made the right choice. Boy, they finally made the edit so that we really were stumped until the end. So very happy with the show, finally! I wish them long lasting love.
    alizarules likes this.
    "Mike Boogie is a D@$&#*bag" Janelle Pierzina BB14. Love you Janie!

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    As much as the last 10 minutes of the ending was a surprise, it doesn't make up for the rest of this crappy season. And to be honest, even this most shocking finale...EVER, wasn't that much of a shock. There was so much filler and fluff in that final two hours, they were using every trick in the book to distract from that ending because it came out of left field. I hope they really are happy, but, I find it hard to believe anything will really come of this. For their sake I hope I am wrong because that must have been really hard for Chris to watch if he is the nice, sincere guy I think he is and I hope Des isn't so desparate to have talked herself into somethign just to save face. As always, time will tell.
    We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one Midol. The way the boards have been blowing up on other sites - it definitely was a big shock to a majority of the viewers.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I did not watch the season, but have been following along to see what you all had to say along the way. After reading about last week's show, of course I had to tune in to see what happened. I had also read the spoilers (which were wrong this season), so I had an idea of where things were going. I was still waiting for Brooks to show up right until she told him she loved him at the FRC!! So, my experience of these guys is only based on last night. I loved Chris!! His reaction kind of reminded me of JP's reaction with regard to Ashley. Remember, she took a lot for her reaction to Bentley and how she was with Ben on the final date. JP didn't care - he had a really good attitude about it all. I saw that from Chris last night too. I really like him and I hope they are able to build something. I apologize if he had a ton of fans, but seeing Brooks at the ATFR rose last night, I don't get what she saw in him!! I would have taken Chris every day of the week! Only time will tell if they make it.

The most surprising thing to me, after not watching the season, was the next Bachelor. Didn't he leave fairly early? Other than Bob Guiney, have we had a Bachelor/ette who was not at least in the F4?
    alizarules likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    ITA Midol. They seem genuinely sweet together but they also remind me of the handful of serious (2-3 year) relationships I've had at the 3-month mark. It's a deliriously happy time, it feels like it's going to last forever, and it may even be love. But no way is it real just yet.

BTW -- I think that if Des did have any shred of feeling left for Brooks before tonight, his whole "you have a way of making people feel special and I got caught up in that but it was stupid of me to think that had anything to do with feelings for you" speech put that to rest!
    It makes one not want to invest time. I suppose having a lot in common with to begin with lessens the risk of heartache.
    You can do it!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Well, color me shocked! Something smells in Seattle and it ain't that famous fish market Sean and Cat visited on Cat's hometown date.

It's difficult to gauge the exact time frame that all of this went down, but really, how can Desiree bounce back so quickly from the heartbreak and devastation of Brooks' departure? Chris, at best, is rebound guy. Saw them on GMA this morning and Lara Spencer asked Chris how he felt watching the episodes as it aired. Chris, oddly enough, said that he had decided not to watch them. I know JP from Ashley's season did not watch the show after he proposed to Ashley, but I honestly can't see how he doesn't think he was second choice and she is somehow settling. I think Chris is very nice, so I don't mean settling in that way, but obviously she was not ga ga over Chris and Brooks was the one she wanted. Now, in the real world, when your heart gets broken, you mourn, dust yourself off, and go on with your life and maybe give that cute guy who's been wanting to date you, a chance. Then, maybe then, when your heart is open to love, you can begin a relationship and let love grow. Love takes time. So, I would have respected Des much more if she had not wanted the proposal. She should have explained to Chris what happened with Brooks and how she was feeling BEFORE he met her parents. THEN, let him decide if he wanted to go ahead with the proposal. I think she should have suggested that they date in real life after the show ended and then see where it goes. I think it is a good sign that she is moving to Seattle and does not seem to have the Hollywood aspirations that so may other 'ettes do *cough Ali, cough Emily*. Well, I will hope for the best as I do think she is a sweet gal and Chris seems like a nice guy.
    jucamer, Midol and Pandora2 like this.

OK. Just watched the happy couple on Kelly and Michael and poor, sweet Chris admitted that he has not watched the last episode with Brooks. You could just hear the gasp coming from the audience. They agreed that he would only watch the happy parts because the past does not define them.???? Sorry, but that is not good. To me that is her hiding stuff from him already. People will be on him about what happened. The fact that he doesn't know, just makes him look like a sap. I wonder what his family thinks of all this now that they have...hopefully...seen the show?
    jucamer and Pandora2 like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.