Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Like Tree693Likes

Thread: 8/5 Bachelorette 9: Finale Part 2/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 8/5 Bachelorette 9: Finale Part 2/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

That is honestly the first time a finale of this show has ever shocked me. Wow.

I kept waiting and waiting and waiting for the what felt like inevitable Brooks return. I kept watching the clock, and watching the clock, and it wasn't until about 9:41 that I started to think (and hope) he really wasn't going to show up.

This show is phony as a three dollar bill on a good day, but if it had ended with him returning and proposing and them getting engaged, that would have insulted my intelligence even more than usual.

I don't know what to think about Chris and Des. I never thought for a second she would get engaged to one of the other two, so that was another shock to me. The odds of a pairing from this show working out and ending in marriage are next to nil in the first place, but talk about a major extra hurdle for those two. I don't know how in the world they managed to not already be broken up publicly given what aired on the show, re: her and Brooks. I have never been in such a position, but I think if I were in Chris' shoes, I would have turned tail and ran once I saw all of that. He's ether braver than I, or a total glutton for punishment, depending upon what has been happening in real life since then.

Chris seems like a good man, and I think Des is lucky to have him, but I am more skeptical than usual this will work out. To me, on ATFR, he looked happy and she still looked down in the dumps. I hope for his sake this goes better than I am envisioning it will.

Juan Pablo as Bachelor... meh. I never got the hype about him, but I am rarely a fan of the lead in the first place (Jillian was the exception for me), so I will just be along for the cheesefest as usual!
    alizarules, jucamer, Midol and 2 others like this.

I rarely post, but have to say that this is the most surprising ending ever in Bach world! I was SO sure that Brooks would be coming back on his white horse to save Des in the end.... I did not even want to watch tonight! I absolutely LOVE this ending.
    I always thought that Chris was what she wanted 'on paper', so WHY was she after the so very feminine Brooks!??

And to top off a great finale, having JUAN Pablo as our next bach had to be interesting to say the least. A very enjoyable season. I know SO many of you have complained of being bored, but I have enjoyed this season as much as all of them!
    Love this show!!
    BTW, NEPASue, tapper01 and 4 others like this.

I like what she alluded to...sometimes you have to get knocked down to see what was really in front of you. Yes, they are awkward on TV but I really think they have a bond. You could see it on the home towns especially. Even Brooks and Drew noticed it. They are not polished actors, they are people thrust in a situation maybe a little above their talents. I do believe they will work out and I loved it.
    BTW, Arielflies, NEPASue and 2 others like this.

If I lived in Texas I would be singing and dancing in front of RS's house right now because he was so wrong about everything. I hope he's being inundated with e-mails and texts and tweets and any other way people can crap on him. He's a grown frikkin' man and needs to get a real job. Wrong about Des, wrong about the next bach but I am sure he will have some lame a-- excuse tomorrow about it all. Can't even get on his site tonight because believe me I would be doing everything in my power to annoy him and belittle him like he did me one time. I have just been waiting for a moment like this. Darn, I wish I lived in Texas right now.
    tapper01, mesachick, ilja and 2 others like this.
    The best reason for having dreams, is that in dreams no reasons are necessary

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whimzeegal View Post
    If I lived in Texas I would be singing and dancing in front of RS's house right now because he was so wrong about everything. I hope he's being inundated with e-mails and texts and tweets and any other way people can crap on him. He's a grown frikkin' man and needs to get a real job. Wrong about Des, wrong about the next bach but I am sure he will have some lame a-- excuse tomorrow about it all. Can't even get on his site tonight because believe me I would be doing everything in my power to annoy him and belittle him like he did me one time. I have just been waiting for a moment like this. Darn, I wish I lived in Texas right now.
    Tell us how you really feel, whimzee.

Where TF did Chris come from? Guess that is what I get for not really paying attention this season. He does seem like a great guy and while the sparks weren't a'flyin' there was an ease, comfort between the two of them.

Like others, I am still skeptical of this couple. How does one go from " I was so conflicted because I didn't want to share my heart, I wanted to give it to you" and I can't love 'those other guys' like I feel about Brooks to an engagement 3 days later?

Thank goodness the crazy trainwreck from hades is finally over.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS! Juan Pablo is the new bachelor. Since we don't know much about him at all, he will seem like a new guy. Looking forward to many, many shirtless Mondays!! (JP, not me )
    judkay and Fanny Mare like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Tell us how you really feel, whimzee.

Where TF did Chris come from? Guess that is what I get for not really paying attention this season. He does seem like a great guy and while the sparks weren't a'flyin' there was an ease, comfort between the two of them.

Like others, I am still skeptical of this couple. How does one go from " I was so conflicted because I didn't want to share my heart, I wanted to give it to you" and I can't love 'those other guys' like I feel about Brooks to an engagement 3 days later?

Thank goodness the crazy trainwreck from hades is finally over.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS! Juan Pablo is the new bachelor. Since we don't know much about him at all, he will seem like a new guy. Looking forward to many, many shirtless Mondays!! (JP, not me )
    I saw "it" with Chris from that night on the rooftop, and I really saw it more when she wrote the poem for him. However, I also saw it with Brooks. Up to the week she confessed to Harrison she loved Brooks, I thought it could go either way between those two men.

Then that confession came and I concluded Chris was likely toast. Then last week happened and I felt like there was no way she would end up with anyone but Brooks. I really believed he would pop back up again after being manipulated by the show, and if he didn't, I figured she would end up alone. I certainly didn't expect her to even agree to date Chris at the end by that point (I had always felt like Drew was a non-factor; never saw anything there).

I was spoiler free up until this past weekend when I finally caved and went poking around, so I was just going by what I was seeing every Monday night.

I really hope they do work out. She could do a heck of a lot worse. But the odds are not in their favor to begin with. Jimmy Kimmel had a montage on, with a woman singing a take-off of "I Will Always Love You" with the words changed. It was made into "I Will Settle for You."

Wowzers! Gotta say, MF pulled the wool over practically everyone's eyes for once, especially Reality Steve and all the other sleuths out there that SWORE it was a Des and Brooks ending. LOL!!

This actually was the best ending of a Bachelor/Bachelorette season since Jason and Molly. I wouldn't be surprised if Des and Chris got married before the ever elusive Sean the Yawn and Cat.

Love Juan Pablo!!!

ETA - due to how awesome this ending was, I think I actually love this show for the first time in quite a few seasons now! I think this is one of the best seasons ever considering how many people were fooled until the ending!!
    Last edited by mesachick; 08-06-2013 at 01:04 AM.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Hmmm... skipped the finale and now I'm watching ATFR, and I'm not buying Des's explanation -- "I was falling in love with all three guys, and so definitely I had feelings for Chris too" (paraphrasing). She may be in love with Chris now, but I think until Brooks left, it was 100 percent about him.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Brooks is such a dullard. An unshaven dullard. I never saw the attraction.

Just tell me who the next Bach is so I can get some work done, dammit!
    I thought when he sat down he couldn't sit any further away from Des ... and then he skootched over more.

I never cared for Brooks either ... he just seems so effeminate I wonder.
    Coco46 and Pandora2 like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Wowzers! Gotta say, MF pulled the wool over practically everyone's eyes for once, especially Reality Steve and all the other sleuths out there that SWORE it was a Des and Brooks ending. LOL!!

This actually was the best ending of a Bachelor/Bachelorette season since Jason and Molly. I wouldn't be surprised if Des and Chris got married before the ever elusive Sean the Yawn and Cat.

Love Juan Pablo!!!

ETA - due to how awesome this ending was, I think I actually love this show for the first time in quite a few seasons now! I think this is one of the best seasons ever considering how many people were fooled until the ending!!
    As much as the last 10 minutes of the ending was a surprise, it doesn't make up for the rest of this crappy season. And to be honest, even this most shocking finale...EVER, wasn't that much of a shock. There was so much filler and fluff in that final two hours, they were using every trick in the book to distract from that ending because it came out of left field. I hope they really are happy, but, I find it hard to believe anything will really come of this. For their sake I hope I am wrong because that must have been really hard for Chris to watch if he is the nice, sincere guy I think he is and I hope Des isn't so desparate to have talked herself into somethign just to save face. As always, time will tell.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.