Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree207Likes

Thread: 7/22 Bachelorette 9: Men Tell All **West Coast Spoilers**

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: 7/22 Bachelorette 9: Men Tell All **West Coast Spoilers**

Oh Des, stop showing off for the cameras with your well-rehearsed answers.
    Ellen and Midol like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Usually on the MTA, there are lots of statements about the lead being engaged now, the lead being happy, the lead knowing they made the right decision, etc. I saw none of that on this show.
    NFL1 likes this.

Fanny About the Zak fans ... Zak is the underdog who made an impression. He's not slick good looking but just nice. He is "America's Sweetheart" male version for this season. People like him so he could very well be the next Bach.

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1 View Post
    No way for Mikey - over the top douche to me. I say Juan Pablo would be great, find women who also already have children or want to have a family right away (aka the slightly older vs. 20-27 year olds). I liked Byron-Mary, older, not the party only activity. Zak would also be good...
    I think Mikey is just a little rough around the edges. I think he will put his eventual wife on a pedestal and will adore her and his children.
    I think his "type" as the Bach might be something different and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Usually on the MTA, there are lots of statements about the lead being engaged now, the lead being happy, the lead knowing they made the right decision, etc. I saw none of that on this show.
    You are right! I didn't even think of that. Uh-Oh

I don't think Des is a vapid bore ... I think she just "fell" for Brooks and so all the rest was a feeble attempt at acting.
    Even the guys said they saw how she acted around him from the beginning..

I think she tried to give it a chance with the others and couldn't. Des is "real" and at least some here must know/remember what it is like to be crushing on someone ... and try to act normal around other people. It's immature ... but it's real.
    Ellen and NEPASue like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

Maybe things aren't currently going well for Des and the F1? That might explain her demeanor and the lack of comments about being happy, etc.

Before Sean was selected as Bachelor, there were very strong rumors going around that the producers were trying to get Ali's F1, Roberto, to sign on as the Bachelor because they wanted a Latino in the position. However, as it happened, Roberto at the time was dating someone. Now, this is just speculation, but I wonder if they are still interested in a Latino in the position, and if indeed they might be looking at Juan and were "testing the waters", so to speak, at the MTA.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Juan Pablo sure had a lot of fans present at the MTA that's for sure.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Fanny About the Zak fans ... Zak is the underdog who made an impression. He's not slick good looking but just nice. He is "America's Sweetheart" male version for this season. People like him so he could very well be the next Bach.
    Hmm, well I guess we will see I still think this show has another guy in mind, maybe one of the F3.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Could be deliberate to reinforce the "shocking" 2-part finale that we are supposed to believe could mean Des winds up with no one. If they had said anything about her being happy, that would have ruined the big drama they're promoting, showing her crying and wanting to go home, etc. I can't imagine her winding up with anyone but Brooks. They showed us that it's Brooks she wants, so the worst that can happen, IMO, is that he either tells her he has doubts, or leaves and comes back, something like that, thus all the waterworks from Des and the anxiety attack Brooks seems to be having in the previews. When all is said and done, it will probably be no big deal. With all this hype, they're just trying to wake up all the viewers who have fallen asleep by now.
    NEPASue and nanarama like this.

The Micro Cap for MTA is posted in the Micro Cap thread.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Unlike most everybody else. I like Michael G. He's very articulate and I'd rarely run out of things to talk about with him. He was definitely wearing his prosecutorial hat on that two on one date with Ben, which was the only part of that episode I watched.

I also like Juan Pablo. If he were to be the next bachelor, it might entice me back to regularly watching his season. I have no trouble understanding his speech.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I like Michael G. too, Florimel! I know he's not popular here, but if I were single I would definitely go for him! He would be a lot of fun to talk with since he actually has some brains. I think the show would be entertaining with him since he might actually have something worth saying and be able to articulate it.

Zac would also be entertaining as the Bachelor.

It would be nice to have a Bachelor who doesn't just say "mumble, mumble, journey, mumble, find my wife, mumble mumble, excited, mumble."
    Florimel, NEPASue, Alexxxx and 1 others like this.