Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree249Likes

Thread: 7/1 Bachelorette 9: Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 7/1 Bachelorette 9: Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Of the guys who are left, I can't see a one who would make a good Bachelor.
    The only one even remotely is Chris. Good looking, nice, well groomed, well mannered, masculine, "normal". The only drawback is that he seems dreadfully boring. Maybe that's how the "normal" part translates.

I think that's what we got with Des. All of the above attributes, except replace masculine with feminine, & she ended up being the most boring, vanilla, bland Bachelorette yet.

Brooks is bit of an ungroomed gooney-bird, both in looks & actions. Zak is nice but odd, both in looks & actions. The rest of them.....well, just NO!
    I think you posted everything I have been thinking. Amazing so many of us think alike
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I've lost track of where Miss Scarlett's original post lives (the one quoted above) but ITA about Des being vanilla. I find her totally likable but totally dull. And maybe that's because you have to be bigger-than-life to get across at all on TV, but she's just completely plain to me. That said, I hope she finds love! I like Chris a lot; I loved his beauty pageant gig with the high heels and he seems very sweet. But yeah, he's a bit vanilla also...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    Is it just me or is this sort of a sleeper of a season? I think I'm a fairly faithful viewer but last week when I realized my DVR didn't record the episode I was upset for about 8 seconds. And I didn't even come here to see what I missed -- which I think I would have done ordinarily.

I do think a couple of these guys are cute and I like Des but there is just nothing going on. And I don't like the drama and pretty much muted my TV every time Courtney was on, but even manufactured drama is better than this. Most of the dates feel so vacant to me.. like those first date "interviews" we've all been on that are so dreadfully dull.

I don't really know if James is sleazy or just stupid but I'm always amused when people say stuff on camera and think they can pretend it didn't happen. um, yeah -- those cameras & lights that have been following you around? They have SOUND, too!!

I've been listening to Jason & Molly's podcasts (never liked Jason much and this hasn't changed that, but it's kind of entertaining when I'm driving) and they have spilled a lot of beans about happenings behind-the-scenes. Pretty interesting.
    I googled his pot cast and up out empty. Can you please share the link and any behind the scenes stuff I have missed? Or do they have archives of his old ones. Thank you.

I favor Zak for the next bachelor.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 07-03-2013 at 07:42 AM.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post

I favor Zak for the next bachelor.
    Oh so do I. I love his soft spoken, gentle demeanor and the fact that throughout the b*tchfest this entire season, he's remained uninvolved in the drama for the most part. I say if anyone is truly there for the right reasons its him.

I think he'd make a great bachelor.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Shoepie, Coco46 and Midol like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I don't like any of them for the next bachelor tbh. Zak, although perfectly nice, is too goofy looking for me. I guess we did have Jason though, and he's one I never found remotely attractive. I don't think Chris is anything special either. He's OK looking and does come across pretty boring. I also don't like how he joined in on the lynching of James. I just really want someone new for goodness sake! How hard can that be to do? I think I'll send MF an email - I am sure he'll listen to me right?
    CrazyDutchWoman and ilja like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I don't like any of them for the next bachelor tbh. Zak, although perfectly nice, is too goofy looking for me. I guess we did have Jason though, and he's one I never found remotely attractive. I don't think Chris is anything special either. He's OK looking and does come across pretty boring. I also don't like how he joined in on the lynching of James. I just really want someone new for goodness sake! How hard can that be to do? I think I'll send MF an email - I am sure he'll listen to me right?
    I think its time they found someone new. I don't care if we don't know him(or her) I will send an email as well - come on MF, wise up!
    NEPASue and ilja like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I rewatched the end last night, fully awake.
    I agree with James, he was the next Ben. Both were railroaded by the Petty Nattering Hens for casually speaking a bit of harmless reality, instead of worshipping at the alter of Des at all times.

I also noticed a few more things in the previews. Most are my speculation based on the scenes shown (rewinded & reviewed about 4 times - I have no life )
    So I have a question before I spill my guts: Are we allowed to do any sleuthing based on previews already shown on TV? These are NOT spoilers, just sleuthing. I got a few clear indications from the previews.

I won't post anything 'till someone of authority here says if I'm allowed, just in case.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

It's hard, but no. Speculation leads to spoiling. I have my ideas, also, but must bite my tongue or back away from the computer.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

I hope you can post about the previews, Miss Scarlet. Would love to be able to figure out what was going on, at least a little bit. Why was Brooks having a meltdown? However, they do have a way of making nothing look like something in the previews. Maybe he was bitten by a spider. With these whiny drama kings, you never know! Have to say I thought it was funny in the last episode when James came in from a talk with Des (when all the guys thought he wasn't coming back) and squeezed himself onto the couch in the middle of them. Not only were they disgruntled that he was still there, but now he was all squished in between them, taking up space. The annoyed looks on their faces were priceless.

Orange Zak with the frighteningly white teeth and bad hair would need a makeover to be the Bachelor, but I suppose if Ben (of Ben and Courtney) could be the Bach, anyone could. If Reid isn't with someone and is willing, I definitely would watch a season of Reid!

ETA: OOPS, I just saw the verdict is no discussion of previews.
    Last edited by AlwaysVeg; 07-03-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Interesting you bring up Reid. After seeing him on The Bachelor Pad, no way would I want to see him as a bachelor. He came off as all kinds of stupid.
    Alexxxx likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.