Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree241Likes

Thread: 6/24 Bachelorette 9: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 6/24 Bachelorette 9: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I really feel she was forced to keep Michael by producers. She had such a look of distate on her face pretty much the entire time she was looking at him that there is no way she was comfortable with him, let alone want to be pals with him. As for him, he was just a manipulated puppet egged on by producers and kept there for the drama...like Ben, Bryden, and even Brian. What boggles my mind is that this man is a prosecuting attorney...not just some waiter, telephone sales man, model. Did he not think at all how he would be coming across and how his behaviour could impact his career? The sheer stupidity of some of these people never ceases to amaze me!

That's a good observation. Really good lawyers think about how they come across to a jury. I guess maybe Michael doesn't care since as a prosecutor he doesn't have to worry about getting clients.

Fanny, love your new term! That just about describes this group. There will actually be more drama on the MMW than there is on the show.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I said in my last post that I liked Des. I still do, but she also lost some respect from me because of this fiasco. Michael was doing all this to score points with her, and so she could have stepped in at any time and said, "That's enough! Drop it!" Instead, she came out looking as wimpy as some of the guys. And don't tell me she had to give a rose to somebody. Leads have changed the rules before. Emily got them to film in her hometown. Sean gave out the roses throughout this opening party. Brad flat out didn't pick anybody the first time. If Des had put her foot down, I bet TPTB would have found some way to work with her.
    I disagree. He was not just trying to score points with her.

I think Michael was

A. Trying to protect her from someone who was, in everyone's opinion ...not there "for the right reasons".

B. Trying to show her what she and a future family would be in store for if she chose a life with Ben.

Part B there is where it is obvious he used the wrong "style".

I say again ... I believe we will see that he is not a despicable person. Once he realized that it was disturbing Des ... he stopped.
    I also suspect that the other guys pumped him up and re-enforced before he left and suggested that he go for it ... and hit hard.
    Mission accomplished ... at his cost.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post

I think Michael was

A. Trying to protect her from someone who was, in everyone's opinion ...not there "for the right reasons".

B. Trying to show her what she and a future family would be in store for if she chose a life with Ben.

I say again ... I believe we will see that he is not a despicable person. Once he realized that it was disturbing Des ... he stopped.
    I also suspect that the other guys pumped him up and re-enforced before he left and suggested that he go for it ... and hit hard.
    I don't think you give Des enough credit( and you could be right) but she doesn't need to be told what a future would look like with Ben. She doesn't need to be protected. I like to give her a little credit that she can make up her own damn mind, without the guys having to. Of course this show likes to make the lead look as helpless and as hopeless as possible
    Babbred likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post

I think Michael was

I have to agree with Fanny on this one. Des is not stupid. I think she figured Ben (and producers hand in the pot), fairly quickly. Not to mention, she couldn't care less about the guy. She can handle things and the reason Michael was doing this is because he allowed producers to get into his head and manipulate him. Des indicated in that floating hot tub that she was uncomfortable with the conversation, but, he over did it and he did not stop, but, kept going at it even during dinner. If he had only said something during their private time at dinner, that would have been fine, but, he did not. As a prosecuting attorney he should be better than most people at reading body language, facial cues, tone of voice, etc....but, he clearly didn't...or was told what to do. Either way, doesn't exaclty build confidence in his abilities or judgement in his choosen career. (I wonder if he was offered a carrot...you have great presence. You'd be great in a court room type reality show. Producers know exactly what buttons to push!).
    Babbred and Fanny Mare like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare;466377 ...[B
    I don't think you give Des enough credit[/B]( and you could be right) but she doesn't need to be told what a future would look like with Ben. She doesn't need to be protected. I like to give her a little credit that she can make up her own damn mind, without the guys having to. Of course this show likes to make the lead look as helpless and as hopeless as possible
    I have to agree with Fanny on this one. Des is not stupid. I think she figured Ben (and producers hand in the pot), fairly quickly. Not to mention, she couldn't care less about the guy. She can handle things and the reason Michael was doing this is because he allowed producers to get into his head and manipulate him. Des indicated in that floating hot tub that she was uncomfortable with the conversation, but, he over did it and he did not stop, but, kept going at it even during dinner. If he had only said something during their private time at dinner, that would have been fine, but, he did not. As a prosecuting attorney he should be better than most people at reading body language, facial cues, tone of voice, etc....but, he clearly didn't...or was told what to do. Either way, doesn't exactly build confidence in his abilities or judgement in his chosen career. (I wonder if he was offered a carrot...you have great presence. You'd be great in a court room type reality show. Producers know exactly what buttons to push!).
    Oh sure ,... everyone agrees with Fanny

I don't think Michael assessed the situation solely or correctly ... and again, I suspect that the other men in the house helped to "energize" Michael to be the fixer and get rid of Ben. I think the other men or the producers convinced him that the situation (not necessarily Des) needed fixing. Some of them have talked about wanting to protect her ... and Mikey T. was acting downright pugnacious about it.

I think the producers did tell Ds and him what to do.

I just feel as if Michael G. was set up. His actions were very prosecutorial ... and I believe that was at the producers direction. You know ... get him on the stand and prove him guilty. I also think it was edited to be foreshadowing for Michael to exit soon and certainly before the Final Rose.
    Midol and sparklete like this.

Mohandas Gandhi

I have to agree with Fanny on this one. Des is not stupid. I think she figured Ben (and producers hand in the pot), fairly quickly. Not to mention, she couldn't care less about the guy. She can handle things and the reason Michael was doing this is because he allowed producers to get into his head and manipulate him. Des indicated in that floating hot tub that she was uncomfortable with the conversation, but, he over did it and he did not stop, but, kept going at it even during dinner. If he had only said something during their private time at dinner, that would have been fine, but, he did not. As a prosecuting attorney he should be better than most people at reading body language, facial cues, tone of voice, etc....but, he clearly didn't...or was told what to do. Either way, doesn't exaclty build confidence in his abilities or judgement in his choosen career. (I wonder if he was offered a carrot...you have great presence. You'd be great in a court room type reality show. Producers know exactly what buttons to push!).
    While I agree with most of what you said especially regarding the Producers of this show I thought Michael did realize he had gone to far and did bring it up during his private time with her. Unless I am not understanding what you meant by what I have bolded in your post.

In their private time the first thing he did was to say let met apologize again, but at the same time ... then Des interrupted with you are very passionate about it so is it just that he (Ben) is different in this type of setting with me with the girl in it then he is in the house or what is it that is making it so negative? Michael then went on to say first of all it started off with just the way he speaks to other guys in the house. He is very condescending, self-serving know it all, one upper. More than that there has been some disconcerting comments that he has made in the house that I think if I were you I would want to know and went on to say we don't hear very much about his son at all and hear a lot about his bar business, a lot about a former Bachelor who was able to turn one bar into 5 bars and how he benefited from the publicity of being on the show. He then went on to say I would feel awful if I knew these things and didn't tell you because I do feel that there is something developing and I feel very strongly about you.

The conversation obviously went on, but that is all TPTB decided to show us. I so agree TPTB decide much or most of what happens on this show. I also think Des was already aware of things in regards to Ben. I am sure that much of what went on was all for drama and Michael was picked to deliver it. Des did mention that she had some great conversations with Michael and for all we know it had been talked about before. Next week the other two guys will give us the drama with James.

Just like the supposed drama with Bryden leaving. Having the guy fly all the way to Germany when he obviously wanted to leave before that. When I think back to the scenes where he was asking all the different people if they had seen the couple and we know he had a camera man or two right there with him. I am sure he could have just asked the camera guy where they were. And really that's what this shows all about after all... drama!

Echo said and I agree:

I also think it was edited to be foreshadowing for Michael to exit soon and certainly before the Final Rose.
    Eastcoastmom and sparklete like this.

Jaceegirl I meant that if Michael had only brought up the subject once ... during their private convo, not repeatedly first in the hot tub and then again during dinner and then again during their talk. I do think he tried to apologize during their alone time, but, he started back up again when Des prompted him with her question.

Lots of production fingers in this whole mess. I was not a big Ben fan but, I have to say I admired the way he handled himself with Michael. He showed a lot of restraint and came out the better man...but, then messed it up again in the limo...although, I don't really hold that against him either because that was also very manipulated and edited. Which is pretty much the way I feel about the whole season. I know they do this every year, but, this year feels particularly forced and because of the lousy casting this year, I am much more aware of it. I think Des has checked out already. She either found someone early or she couldn't care less about any of them and is just going through the motions until the end. Whichever way it goes, I'm not seeing things ending well in the long run.
    Babbred likes this.

FORT Fogey

**scratching head**

Has there ever been a 2 on 1 date that wasn't awkward and uncomfortable? I can't recall one. I think that's the very purpose of this stupid date. I wish they would just do away with it.

Might as well just tie everybody down to an ant bed and pour honey all over 'em.
    ilja, Babbred and AlwaysVeg like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    **scratching head**

Has there ever been a 2 on 1 date that wasn't awkward and uncomfortable? I can't recall one. I think that's the very purpose of this stupid date. I wish they would just do away with it.

Might as well just tie everybody down to an ant bed and pour honey all over 'em.
    I agree...that is the nature and purpose of a 2:1 date. While there has never been a comfortable one, there has also never been one quite like this either...where one contestant is deliberately goading the other. Usually, one person hogs the conversation, or there is some jealousy happening, or one person tries to out do the other, but, never this type of nasty baiting. I lost respect for Michael and some for Des because she let him carry on. I know producers tell her what to do, but, at some point you put your foot down and she didn't.

Ben said it and I am paraphrasing ... and that is if you are chosen for the 2 on 1 date ... it's just a matter of time before you go home.
    NEPASue, ilja and Babbred like this.

Mohandas Gandhi