Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree241Likes

Thread: 6/24 Bachelorette 9: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: 6/24 Bachelorette 9: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Yeah. Zak seems like a sweetheart, but I can't get over him living in a remote small house in the Texas hill country. Perfect for a man of meditation, but for a fun loving girl? Would he move to LA for her?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I don't see any of these guys as being bachelor material though - so I am really hoping to break that tradition!
    How about Desiree's brother? Is he single?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    How about Desiree's brother? Is he single?
    After this bunch, he might be a good choice. Even as whack a doodle as they made him out to be
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    What a b*tchy, catty bunch of so-called men this group is! GEEZ! Those in the group who feel threatened by the likes of the Bens' and the James', have made it their mission to weed them out by tattle-tailing to Des. And considering their pattern, one can only assume Brooks will be the next casualty, since aside from James, he's probably the one with the tightest connection with Des.

I know. It's almost creepy. I'll deal with Ben below, but let me speak about James here. What is his crime? According to some, he told Mikey in the limo that "I hope I make it the Final 4. Then I have a chance of becoming TBach." To borrow your phrase, Bee, GEEZ! Seriously? Every contestant who comes on this show now secretly dreams of becoming the next lead. If they say that they don't then they're lying. You nailed it, Bee. These guys are so b**** and catty they make the women who go on TBach look sane.

And I must be blind and deaf, as I have yet to see Ben as the villain everyone painted him out to be. In fact, I thought he held himself together really well, all things considered. After that display from Michael, I now dub him the official slime ball of the remaining men. I am floored that after the behaviour Des saw from him that she'd still give him a rose. FLOORED. I dare you to take that arrogant fool home and introduce him to your brother, Des. Now THAT would be a showdown.
    Absolutely. I mean, let's go over this. Ben was accused of saying something about how his bar would benefit from the publicity. HELLO! Every contestant who goes on this show thinks about the publicity. Even on the remote chance that somebody's there for the "right reason," they have to wonder if they can parlay their exposure into something else. Brad had a bar. Ben had a winery. Don't tell me they were just there for "the right reason."

And as I said upthread, it was Michael who had the issues. He ambushed Ben and refused to back off, even when Ben made it clear that he didn't want to talk about these things. Only an arrogant jerk could thing that this is somehow "impressing" a woman. Remember in the Hot Tug? First Michael asked Ben if he had called his son recently. Then when Ben said no, Michael trotted out some story about how his own deadbeat dad had crushed him emotionally. Oh my gosh, I was so mad at that point I was practically yelling. If I had been in that tub, especially if I were a parent, I would have tossed Michael right over the side of that tub.

And then later in the house, Michael asks why Ben didn't go to church with them, implying that Ben was some sort of hypocrite. Ben replied that the service was Catholic and in German. I love what some blogger said about this exchange. "So Ben declined to attend a service that wasn't his religion, wasn't in his language, and where all the rest of the guys wanted to kill him. Gee, I can't possibly understand why Ben would do that.": mmm

I said in my last post that I liked Des. I still do, but she also lost some respect from me because of this fiasco. Michael was doing all this to score points with her, and so she could have stepped in at any time and said, "That's enough! Drop it!" Instead, she came out looking as wimpy as some of the guys. And don't tell me she had to give a rose to somebody. Leads have changed the rules before. Emily got them to film in her hometown. Sean gave out the roses throughout this opening party. Brad flat out didn't pick anybody the first time. If Des had put her foot down, I bet TPTB would have found some way to work with her.

On a side note, aside from my affinity for Brooks, I'm liking me some Zak more and more every week. He's one of the few likable ones left.

Zak has redeemed himself in my eyes. I also really like how he handled himself on his date with Des. He came across as a real gentleman. If Des doesn't have the sense to pick him then I wouldn't mind seeing him or Zak as the next Bachelor.
    bee stung lips and Midol like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

And as I said up thread, it was Michael who had the issues. He ambushed Ben and refused to back off, even when Ben made it clear that he didn't want to talk about these things. Only an arrogant jerk could thing that this is somehow "impressing" a woman. Remember in the Hot Tug? First Michael asked Ben if he had called his son recently. Then when Ben said no, Michael trotted out some story about how his own deadbeat dad had crushed him emotionally. Oh my gosh, I was so mad at that point I was practically yelling. If I had been in that tub, especially if I were a parent, I would have tossed Michael right over the side of that tub.
    Hilarious! great post. I wish he had tossed him

I said in my last post that I liked Des. I still do, but she also lost some respect from me because of this fiasco. Michael was doing all this to score points with her, and so she could have stepped in at any time and said, "That's enough! Drop it!" Instead, she came out looking as wimpy as some of the guys. And don't tell me she had to give a rose to somebody. Leads have changed the rules before. Emily got them to film in her hometown. Sean gave out the roses throughout this opening party. Brad flat out didn't pick anybody the first time. If Des had put her foot down, I bet TPTB would have found some way to work with her.
    -Andy Rooney-

Michael will be gone soon enough I bet.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I know. It's almost creepy. I'll deal with Ben below, but let me speak about James here. What is his crime? According to some, he told Mikey in the limo that "I hope I make it the Final 4. Then I have a chance of becoming TBach." To borrow your phrase, Bee, GEEZ! Seriously? Every contestant who comes on this show now secretly dreams of becoming the next lead. If they say that they don't then they're lying. You nailed it, Bee. These guys are so b**** and catty they make the women who go on TBach look sane.

Absolutely. I mean, let's go over this. Ben was accused of saying something about how his bar would benefit from the publicity. HELLO! Every contestant who goes on this show thinks about the publicity. Even on the remote chance that somebody's there for the "right reason," they have to wonder if they can parlay their exposure into something else. Brad had a bar. Ben had a winery. Don't tell me they were just there for "the right reason."

And as I said upthread, it was Michael who had the issues. He ambushed Ben and refused to back off, even when Ben made it clear that he didn't want to talk about these things. Only an arrogant jerk could thing that this is somehow "impressing" a woman. Remember in the Hot Tug? First Michael asked Ben if he had called his son recently. Then when Ben said no, Michael trotted out some story about how his own deadbeat dad had crushed him emotionally. Oh my gosh, I was so mad at that point I was practically yelling. If I had been in that tub, especially if I were a parent, I would have tossed Michael right over the side of that tub.

And then later in the house, Michael asks why Ben didn't go to church with them, implying that Ben was some sort of hypocrite. Ben replied that the service was Catholic and in German. I love what some blogger said about this exchange. "So Ben declined to attend a service that wasn't his religion, wasn't in his language, and where all the rest of the guys wanted to kill him. Gee, I can't possibly understand why Ben would do that.": mmm

Zak has redeemed himself in my eyes. I also really like how he handled himself on his date with Des. He came across as a real gentleman. If Des doesn't have the sense to pick him then I wouldn't mind seeing him or Zak as the next Bachelor.

Awesome post!!

The thing that got me the most about Michael's appalling behaviour was that he made it all about himself. He showed zero respect for Ben, of course, but more importantly, zero respect for the woman he was supposed to be trying to impress. He didn't care that she felt uncomfortable, that he ruined what could have been a fairly decent date, by picking on Ben the way he did.

I am still in shock that he was able to do that yet STILL come away with a rose. Probably the most rude, self-serving, disgusting display I've ever seen from a contestant on this show in all the ten year the show's been on TV.

When Des gave him the rose, she basically rewarded him for his bad behaviour.

I suppose we might as well all get prepared for Michael vs Ben part two as I'm sure Michael will be in full attack mode again at The Men Tell All show.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 06-28-2013 at 12:39 AM.
    Midol and Babbred like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I didn't like Michael's behavior either however I am looking at him more as one of Des' girlfriends than a possible boyfriend which is why I believe she really kept him. She is not seriously interested in enough of the men left to send home her gal pal yet. She probably finds Micheal easy to talk to about her journey.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I didn't like Michael's behavior either however I am looking at him more as one of Des' girlfriends than a possible boyfriend which is why I believe she really kept him. She is not seriously interested in enough of the men left to send home her gal pal yet. She probably finds Micheal easy to talk to about her journey.
    I really feel she was forced to keep Michael by producers. She had such a look of distate on her face pretty much the entire time she was looking at him that there is no way she was comfortable with him, let alone want to be pals with him. As for him, he was just a manipulated puppet egged on by producers and kept there for the drama...like Ben, Bryden, and even Brian. What boggles my mind is that this man is a prosecuting attorney...not just some waiter, telephone sales man, model. Did he not think at all how he would be coming across and how his behaviour could impact his career? The sheer stupidity of some of these people never ceases to amaze me!
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I really feel she was forced to keep Michael by producers. She had such a look of distaste on her face pretty much the entire time she was looking at him that there is no way she was comfortable with him, let alone want to be pals with him. As for him, he was just a manipulated puppet egged on by producers and kept there for the drama...like Ben, Bryden, and even Brian. What boggles my mind is that this man is a prosecuting attorney...not just some waiter, telephone sales man, model. Did he not think at all how he would be coming across and how his behaviour could impact his career? The sheer stupidity of some of these people never ceases to amaze me!
    I agree with you Midol. Maybe Michael is secure enough in his profession, that he didn't care( plus we must remember the editing that is done to death) it's all set up for the MTA- otherwise known as MMW( more men whining.) There is no drama, and without the manufactured drama, the MMW would be even more boring
    -Andy Rooney-