Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree241Likes

Thread: 6/24 Bachelorette 9: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 6/24 Bachelorette 9: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Neither could Sean the Yawn. Here's to hoping this is the end of the retreads!
    Yet he had lots of threads, and won quite a few fans over. I guess we will see, I am enjoying the snark, there was none on Sean's season.

I am pretty sure one of these guys this season will be on our TV again
    But lets let it play out and see who is her victim , I mean chosen one
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

IMO Des came on this show for one reason only and that was to find love. I don't think we can say that about all leads. If she found what she came for then I am sure she is extremely happy and that above all else is what counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    IMO Des came on this show for one reason only and that was to find love. I don't think we can say that about all leads. If she found what she came for then I am sure she is extremely happy and that above all else is what counts.
    It worked well for Sean, it can work for Des.
    -Andy Rooney-

Speaking of Sean and Des, I read that Sean and Cat's pick for Des was Bryden.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

My husband has traveled to Germany (including Munich) before, so he gave me a running commentary during this episode. I thought that was so sweet.

Loved the date on the mountain. I've been inner tubing down a snowy hill before and that was fun enough. I would love to go down a mountain.

Loved...loved...loved the Hot Tug. I want to go ride in that thing with hubby when we're old and gray.

Michael is a total jerk. I actually admired Ben for stepping outside. What was the alternative? Get into a shouting match? Lunge across the table and punch Michael? I thought that showed real self-restraint for Ben to step out and not escalate the situation. IMO, it takes a lot more guts to just calmly walk away from an obnoxious person than to get into it with them. After all, that's what they want. And as somebody pointed out upthread, it was Ben who tried to remain civil the entire date and Michael who sulked like a child.

And besides, when in the history of this show has pointing out to the lead that "he/she acts differently around you than around us" ever gotten a person very far? Invariably, the lead dumps the tattletaler after that. Michael may have won the battle, but I bet he loses the romantic war soon. And I bet the guys who tell on James next week get into trouble with Des.

As I've said before, Des has become my favorite Bette. I actually love the way she treats the guys. Oh my gosh, it is refreshing to see a woman on this show not get all blubbery every time a guy gets it wrong. I LOVED how she treated Bryden. "Er, thanks. I guess." Then heads off to where she really wants to go. Again, it was so nice not to see a Bette getting all hysterical just because a guy says he wants out. And I really admired her speech at the group date. "If you want out, then just leave. I'd far rather you go now than get all the way to the end and dump me." Yes! It's as if a real person wandered on to the set of TBette.
    BTW, dzigner, NEPASue and 1 others like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Well she liked him, he just wasn't into her as much . one door closes, another opens

Babbred posted
    Michael is a total jerk. I actually admired Ben for stepping outside. What was the alternative? Get into a shouting match? Lunge across the table and punch Michael? I thought that showed real self-restraint for Ben to step out and not escalate the situation. IMO, it takes a lot more guts to just calmly walk away from an obnoxious person than to get into it with them. After all, that's what they want. And as somebody pointed out upthread, it was Ben who tried to remain civil the entire date and Michael who sulked like a child. And besides, when in the history of this show has pointing out to the lead that "he/she acts differently around you than around us" ever gotten a person very far? Invariably, the lead dumps the tattletaler after that. Michael may have won the battle, but I bet he loses the romantic war soon. And I bet the guys who tell on James next week get into trouble with Des.
    Well said
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    They said that after only the first two episodes. Neither has really said anything since seeing the following episodes, although in an interview from 2 weeks ago Cat did say she liked Chris because he was from Seattle and had a cute introduction to Des.

I nanny for a couple of teenagers that have watched this season and it's funny to me that they have the same opinion as many of us. They are bored and think the guys are whinier/more annoying than the teenage girls they know. They also always comment on the guys' hair being all wrong. Which again, I agreed with. Too greasy, too much product, horrible cuts, etc.
    NEPASue and Midol like this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yet he had lots of threads, and won quite a few fans over. I guess we will see, I am enjoying the snark, there was none on Sean's season.

I am pretty sure one of these guys this season will be on our TV again
    But lets let it play out and see who is her victim , I mean chosen one
    Oh there was snark, especially around Tierra. But with Sean the Yawn yeah, hard to find snark when the season was that incredibly boring.

I don't see any of these guys as being bachelor material though - so I am really hoping to break that tradition!
    Shoepie and Babbred like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    They said that after only the first two episodes. Neither has really said anything since seeing the following episodes, although in an interview from 2 weeks ago Cat did say she liked Chris because he was from Seattle and had a cute introduction to Des.

I nanny for a couple of teenagers that have watched this season and it's funny to me that they have the same opinion as many of us. They are bored and think the guys are whinier/more annoying than the teenage girls they know. They also always comment on the guys' hair being all wrong. Which again, I agreed with. Too greasy, too much product, horrible cuts, etc.
    My hairdresser( she is 27) and the gals she works with, well, some have stopped watching. But most of them have said what babies these men are. But they really notice the messy hair gel more than anything.

I don't see any of these guys as being bachelor material though - so I am really hoping to break that tradition!
    I agree Mesa.
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

What a b*tchy, catty bunch of so-called men this group is! GEEZ! Those in the group who feel threatened by the likes of the Bens' and the James', have made it their mission to weed them out by tattle-tailing to Des. And considering their pattern, one can only assume Brooks will be the next casualty, since aside from James, he's probably the one with the tightest connection with Des.

And I must be blind and deaf, as I have yet to see Ben as the villain everyone painted him out to be. In fact, I thought he held himself together really well, all things considered. After that display from Michael, I now dub him the official slime ball of the remaining men. I am floored that after the behaviour Des saw from him that she'd still give him a rose. FLOORED. I dare you to take that arrogant fool home and introduce him to your brother, Des. Now THAT would be a showdown.

On a side note, aside from my affinity for Brooks, I'm liking me some Zak more and more every week. He's one of the few likable ones left.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 06-27-2013 at 12:00 AM.
    Midol, Babbred and sparklete like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"