Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree241Likes

Thread: 6/24 Bachelorette 9: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 6/24 Bachelorette 9: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

I agree ECM - I just don't see a connection between Des and Zak. So far it seems like Brooks, Chris and James (yuck) seem to be further along with their relationships with Des than the other men.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Hmm, I found Des's comment that Zak was the best kisser very interesting. That and his comment about seriously considering the priesthood had me scratching my head. He's got a great smile and killer abs, but he just doesn't do it for me in the face department, and so, I would not like him to be the next lead. YMMV However, I do think he is smart, funny, and has a decent singing voice and would make someone a great husband. I don't think it will be Des, though.
    But she likes his kisses the best
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Oh, sure, that was Fleiss-driven . . .

But MY thing is . . .

At what point is a grown, allegedly-adult individual going to put on their big-person's drawers and just say "No!" to the ridiculous string-pulling and puppet-mastering of TPTB?

SERIOUSLY.
    They give up that right when they sign on the dotted line. Seriously. Have you seen that contract? It has been posted here in past seasons. They're scarcely allowed to breathe on their own.
    This isnít the Sound of freaking Music weíre watching.......sdl

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    My favorite scene was when the porter came in and rolled out Ben's suitcase. I never saw a roomful of guys so mutually excited about something that didn't involve sports and/or beer. Made me LOL.
    Me too! The only thing better would have been the porter coming back and removing Michael's suitcase immediately after. A true Thrill of Victory/Agony of Defeat moment.
    This isnít the Sound of freaking Music weíre watching.......sdl

In addition to the duds of guys this season, I think part of the problem is that Des is just a very bad actress.
    In Sean's season she was lively, fun & full of life. I think she was just having a good time with no pressure. She's also very pretty. I figured she'd be a great Bachelorette. I was wrong. The only view we've gotten of that Des is when she booted that drunk guy the first night.

It just seems that being the lead has sucked the life right out of her. Like she's afraid to express herself or have an opinion, or do anything to rock the boat, or was told not to. It's like watching The Robot Bachelorette.

I think she's long since picked her "winner". And she's just putting in time saying what the producers tell her to say, & doing what they tell her to do. All the dates just seem to be so cold & impersonal. Sure she's having some fun, but there's a distance that she just can't cover up. I think the connection & attraction between her & the "winner" is being left on the cutting room floor, so as to not make the guy stand out. She's just biding time with all the other guys waiting to send them home one by one. She doesn't seem to care at all.

She just can't act like there's any romance with the other guys, or put on any kind of show, so it all just seems so cold. The editing is showing a lot of fluff & throwing in Private Concerts to try to cover this up. There's so much editing things out that there's nothing left to like about these guys The result is that they're making this season into a dud.
    Coco46, Photobabe and Babbred like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BTW View Post
    You are right on all counts, except "she's in love right now and going thru the motions". Every Bachelor or Bachelorette has been in same mode until they are ready to reveal their choice. No doubt a must to keep people guessing and staying tuned til the end.
    I think it would be very good TV and cool if she told CH, I am falling in love with one of them and then play the 'but I am not going to tell" game. CH would play along. That way, the unspoiled viewers can get excited about trying to figure out who. Same game, different spin and much more delicious. We have come to expect the engagement so that is never the surprise. It is always who. If we know she is in love, at this point, it would be much more fun to examine each encounter with this in mind.

Just something different.......please!
    NEPASue, jucamer and Photobabe like this.

FORT Fogey

Whether Bryden wanted to go to German or not, it wasn't his call. Production decides these things. He wanted out last week so it is clear he didn't just go for a free trip to Germany.
    Miss Scarlet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Whether Bryden wanted to go to German or not, it wasn't his call. Production decides these things. He wanted out last week so it is clear he didn't just go for a free trip to Germany.
    I agree, it also wasn't his spidey sense that lead him to where Chris and Desbot were prancing. She knew that was coming.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree, it also wasn't his spidey sense that lead him to where Chris and Desbot were prancing. She knew that was coming.
    Ha ha ha ha!

FORT Fogey

I don't like when the F1 is totally obvious throughout most of the show (Brad/Emily, Ben/Courtney, Matt/what's-her-name Lamas), but more than that I dislike when they totally hide the love story, or when there really isn't one so they don't have to work too hard to hide it (Deanna/Jesse). I know this season isn't far along, but I see nothing really juicy between Des and any of these guys. The only glimmer of possibility was last night when Des told Chris H. that if she coud kiss only one of these guys again, it would be Brooks, but maybe that was meant to throw us off. I liked Ali's season when for quite a while, it looked like she could go with either Roberto or Chris ... at least it looked like that to me.