Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree241Likes

Thread: 6/24 Bachelorette 9: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 6/24 Bachelorette 9: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Is this show getting worse or are we just sick of it? Let me count the ways it was so wrong last night.

The was NOT yodeling and the man was an idiot.

Des did not cancel the cocktail party. Production did. They want the boys to tell her about James next week. Must milk the drama.

How much fun was it for them to swing around, arm in arm, to the German music in that HUGE empty space with locals pressed around the edge watching? Not fun at all!! How awkward and how utterly stupid.

The camera man following Bryden didn't know where the others were. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Never mind they made the guy travel to Germany just to stage a more dramatic exit. It was not dramatic or interesting and Des was not upset in the least. His leaving did not make her question anything. Productions idea to make her "question" the motives of others. She didn't like the guy and could not have cared less.

She is clearly in love right now and going through the motions with the company lines........I am really falling for these men. Oh dear who will I choose? I am so confused? What if I fall in love with someone here "not for the right reasons?" This is so hard. No, no it isn't. She knows damn well who her F1 is and production will not let us see their story.

The private concerts have to stop.

Maybe I have to stop. I have made progress. I let it record then watch it with liberal FFing. That is the ticket.
    NEPASue, Miss Scarlet and Coco46 like this.

Desiree's Blog is up in her blog thread.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Is this show getting worse or are we just sick of it? Let me count the ways it was so wrong last night.

The was NOT yodeling and the man was an idiot.

Des did not cancel the cocktail party. Production did. They want the boys to tell her about James next week. Must milk the drama.

How much fun was it for them to swing around, arm in arm, to the German music in that HUGE empty space with locals pressed around the edge watching? Not fun at all!! How awkward and how utterly stupid.

The camera man following Bryden didn't know where the others were. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Never mind they made the guy travel to Germany just to stage a more dramatic exit. It was not dramatic or interesting and Des was not upset in the least. His leaving did not make her question anything. Productions idea to make her "question" the motives of others. She didn't like the guy and could not have cared less.

She is clearly in love right now and going through the motions with the company lines........I am really falling for these men. Oh dear who will I choose? I am so confused? What if I fall in love with someone here "not for the right reasons?" This is so hard. No, no it isn't. She knows damn well who her F1 is and production will not let us see their story.

The private concerts have to stop.

Maybe I have to stop. I have made progress. I let it record then watch it with liberal FFing. That is the ticket.
    You are right on all counts, except "she's in love right now and going thru the motions". Every Bachelor or Bachelorette has been in same mode until they are ready to reveal their choice. No doubt a must to keep people guessing and staying tuned til the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I shortened your quote Shopie because I pretty much agreed with your other points, but just want to address your question. I do think we may be kind of sick of it, however, I do think the show is worse this season. The guys they picked...and Des for that matter...don't seem to resonate on screen with viewers. Lots of wierd voices...I'm finally getting used to them and they don't grate quite as much as they did. Lots of hair product. (Does Drew ever have a hair out of place? That man could make it through a hurricane with his hair perfectly in tact!) Lots of whining and crying...and that's from the men! Stupid bitching about other contestants that they then feel the need to tattle to Des who really couldn't care less. All the drama this season...Brian and his dumb girlfriend (who are now back together), Ben and his hatred by the other men, Bryden will he or won't he leave and now the upcoming James drama...all seems really shallow, dumb, forced, whatever...It all amounts to a blah season. Everyone is pleasant enough or not nasty enough so that I have nobody to truly love and nobody I truly hate. The casting and the stunt drama they are forcing is just bad. No wonder the viewers are turning away or like you, FF through this mess. I will be curious to see the ratings for last night as they have no more excuses since the Voice is no over and they are not competing against it.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

I just have to wonder, if this is what men are like these days. I've been out of the dating pool for so long I have no idea what women consider as hot nowadays lol. That and I live in a pretty rural area filled with cowboys and casual guys. Getting dressed up here is wearing jeans and nice top and some kind of heel lol. The hair gel really is way too much! A lot of the guys this season come across as metro-sexual. I actually liked Mikey, probably because he looked more *normal* to me. Same with Zak.

As for MF always trying to hide the love story that evolves, maybe instead of wondering about the guys that she is spending time with on camera, we need to focus on the one's they don't show her with? LOL

I have to agree, as much as I like Des, this season isn't super exciting. I think for me, it's mainly because we've just already seen it all before. This is the problem with retreads for the lead, no matter how much we may actually like them.
    NEPASue likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Poor Chris, prancing and dancing around, while the camera guys keep saying "psst keep going Bryden isn't here yet" it looked ridiculous and rehearsed . Bryden didn't break her heart, there was nothing between them - zero! what did he want a free trip to Germany.- Des nearly said as much, I wish she had.
    Something wrong with that whole scenario between Des and Bryden, his explanation was lukewarm

Yeah, I was thinking maybe he stuck it out for the free trip to Germany, but really, how long were they there before he bailed? It seemed like they had just gotten there before he decided to bail. I never saw anything between Bryden and Des either. Their 'conversations' were all kinds of awkward. Crickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking maybe he stuck it out for the free trip to Germany, but really, how long were they there before he bailed? It seemed like they had just gotten there before he decided to bail. I never saw anything between Bryden and Des either. Their 'conversations' were all kinds of awkward. Crickets.
    Good question. Maybe as it was TPTB that had him come along, they promised him a free trip with sightseeing included
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    Brooks looked a little bit creepy standing there watching Des kiss James. Go away dude.
    Very very creepy!!
    Miss Scarlet likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Hmm, I found Des's comment that Zak was the best kisser very interesting. That and his comment about seriously considering the priesthood had me scratching my head. He's got a great smile and killer abs, but he just doesn't do it for me in the face department, and so, I would not like him to be the next lead. YMMV However, I do think he is smart, funny, and has a decent singing voice and would make someone a great husband. I don't think it will be Des, though.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

My favorite scene was when the porter came in and rolled out Ben's suitcase. I never saw a roomful of guys so mutually excited about something that didn't involve sports and/or beer. Made me LOL.
    waywyrd, dzigner, bamafan and 5 others like this.