Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree241Likes

Thread: 6/24 Bachelorette 9: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 6/24 Bachelorette 9: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Poor Chris, prancing and dancing around, while the camera guys keep saying "psst keep going Bryden isn't here yet" it looked ridiculous and rehearsed . Bryden didn't break her heart, there was nothing between them - zero! what did he want a free trip to Germany.- Des nearly said as much, I wish she had.
    Something wrong with that whole scenario between Des and Bryden, his explanation was lukewarm

Now that Ben is gone, the herd turns on James...
    BTW likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Next week more crappy, manufactured drama...with more tattling. Couldn't they have stuck all of that on the same date? ... so now I have to listen to even more whining next week. This is just dragging more and more. I wonder what the ratings will be this week? Is this the first week they are not going up against the voice?

On another thought...Chris...You seem like a nice enough guy, but, please stop with the poems!
    ...Drew...Less is more...WTH do you put in your hair?
    ....JP....why can't we hear you talk more?
    ....Producers...enough with the private concerts...by people we have mostly never heard of!!!!
    NEPASue likes this.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Poor Chris, prancing and dancing around, while the camera guys keep saying "psst keep going Bryden isn't here yet" it looked ridiculous and rehearsed . Bryden didn't break her heart, there was nothing between them - zero! what did he want a free trip to Germany.- Des nearly said as much, I wish she had.
    Something wrong with that whole scenario between Des and Bryden, his explanation was lukewarm

Fanny I think Bryden stayed because producers made him. She didn't care either way. I agree that that whole thing with them dancing while Bryden was "searching" for them was rehearsed....Don't we have to have at least one search every season?
    BTW likes this.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Next week more crappy, manufactured drama...with more tattling. Couldn't they have stuck all of that on the same date? ... so now I have to listen to even more whining next week. This is just dragging more and more. I wonder what the ratings will be this week? Is this the first week they are not going up against the voice?

On another thought...Chris...You seem like a nice enough guy, but, please stop with the poems!
    ...Drew...Less is more...WTH do you put in your hair?
    ....JP....why can't we hear you talk more?
    ....Producers...enough with the private concerts...by people we have mostly never heard of!!!!
    I know!!!Chis more bloody poetry? who is he Jef with one F I agree with everything you said
    Fanny I think Bryden stayed because producers made him
    No doubt about that
    Brooks is whining on my screen right now, or making weird tinny sounds about James
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 06-25-2013 at 12:58 AM.
    -Andy Rooney-

I just watched the beginning of the show that I missed earlier...Holy Cow!!! Zak was going to be a priest??? On a mountain searching for himself...10 years later same thing but in a different context. If he doesn't get picked...and I'm getting the funny guy/friend vibe from their interactions...could they be setting him up anymore perfectly as the next Bachelor? I can see him now...on some mountain top, after a run, shirtless of course, thoughtfully contemplating his singlehood after having had his heart broken by Des. What to do, what to do? Greeting all the bettes wearing his dress pants and a bow tie...his stunning abs glowing in the moonlight...probably hosed down just to get the right effect.

I think Micheal was way way too aggressive I don't think Ben was ever in the running,and he wasn't a very good villain. But Micheal is a nasty guy. I wish she had sent his @ss home as well- Ben would have gotten a chuckle out of that, as would I
    Bens *lines* in the limo were so fake I am betting he left, and didn't go to any bar- or maybe he joined Bryden
    BTW and Midol like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

What an awful jerk Michael is. There was no excuse for that. He may not have liked or trusted Ben, but on this date, Ben was trying to play nice, or at least civil.
    Michael went into this planning to cause trouble & he just kept badgering & badgering & degrading & demeaning Ben. I think Ben was the bigger man for not losing his temper & for trying to let it pass.

Then Dimwit Des says she sees Michael as someone she could have a future with?!?!?! Does she plan to have a future as an abused wife?????
    Didn't she see that the minute they had an argument of any type, he'd turn that same vitrol on her? He'd verbally demean & attack her until he'd verbally beaten her into submission.
    Some future.

Maybe she was ready to send Ben home even before the date, but Michael showed his true colors & then some.

She should have sent them both home, or if the producers were making her choose one, choose to keep Ben. At least he seemed harmless & not a sociopath.
    Baby's Breath and Babbred like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I would have rather seen Ben and Michael as the last 2 guys with one rose left at the ceremony. Then when she gave the rose to Michael we could see the smirk wiped off Ben's face. I like Michael and I think he was just trying to protect her.

He is not just an attorney ... he is a prosecutor and his job is to try to prove guilt. He came off very strong in an attack mode and the setting wan't appropriate. He succeeded in making himself look as bad as Ben.

I am sorry to see Mikey go.

A comment about what these guys wear to the RC. What was Brooks wearing? It looked like that jacket was too small for him or something,
    Florimel and NEPASue like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Chris Harrison's blog is posted in his blog thread.

The micro cap is posted in the micro cap thread.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 06-25-2013 at 03:32 AM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

It is just so, so hard to watch all of this terribly heartbreaking, completely organic, and never before seen drama unfolding upon Des! However will she survive and find true love?

Of the B'ette seasons, I have seen in their entirety: Trista; Deanna; Jillian; Ali; Ashley; Emily. And for the life of me, I cannot recall a sorrier bunch of men than this lot.

My little old biddies comment from before is still so apropos. Michael is a grade A jerk. Granted, I didn't like Ben either and found him to be fake from what I saw on the show, but that whole mess was unnecessary. This is not a courtroom, you are not at work doing your job, and basic manners seem like a simple thing to expect. Seriously, what business is it of yours whether he went to church or not? What business is it of yours about phone calls to his son? And making the leap from not calling his son in 2-3 days to being an absentee father? He came across as an arrogant, petty little bully, and I thought Des looked like an idiot for giving him a rose. She should have booted both of them.

I liked Chris even more this week. He seems like he has a good head on his shoulders and good communication skills. I guess Kasey seems fairly normal, what little I've seen of him. Brooks seems sane anyway, it's just his mannerisms that bug the daylights out of me. Zak still strikes me as a weird one, yet he seems quite nice, so in the scheme of things, he's coming out of this smelling like a daisy in my eyes.

The rest of them I either find utterly boring, utterly obnoxious, or I don't even remember them until I see them at a rose ceremony. That is not a good combo, especially when you're like me and you are interested in the contestants, and not the lead (which is basically always the case for me). And so this season continues to be a gigantic dud.