Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 195
Like Tree240Likes

Thread: 6/17 Bachelorette 9: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

  1. #171
    FORT Fogey Midol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    My own private zoo
    Posts
    4,251

    Re: 6/17 Bachelorette 9: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Oh, the infamous FRC re-do in Jen's season continues to haunt. He did get down on one knee and was accepted...weeks later they re-shot without the proposal when she had second thoughts. At the ATFR Jerry confirmed it was behind the scenes dirty when he gave her the finger upside his nose. That finger was analyzed to death...the FRC was analyzed to death looking for camera cuts frame by frame. In the end, she decided to choose no one, but it was behind the curtain.

    Brad is the first one TPTB allowed to be public about his no choice at the FRC. However, they did want to do a screen roll ending of him eating a hoagie while watching the show. They didn't, but everyone heard about it and it and Brad have done it to death since.

    Others didn't want to make a choice, but were pressured at the end by TPTB. PLo, the joke, slid through with a young'un from Florida; The football player offered airline tickets and didn't follow through; Travis offered a ring on a string to a hometown girl and didn't follow through. Deanna chose just to get through the season, but that played out a couple of months. Others played it for a few months or longer without making a stronger commitment.

    It's a dating show where the strings are more visible now and the curtain cracked open just a tad.
    I think you can usually tell when there are real feelings vs edited or just to put on a show. Jen's season was my least favourite Bette season and she along with Emily, my least favourite Bettes. It could have something to do with them both "winning" the bachelor and then breaking up and getting their own season.

    I loved Brad and the hoagie...I remember them showing him eating it during credits for some other season. Was it Dee's?
    Alexxxx likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

    The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

  2. #172
    FORT Fogey ilja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,812

    Re: 6/17 Bachelorette 9: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Fanny!

    ilja, you get the Best Smiley 2013 Award! I love those heart balloons!

    I'm going to watch tonight but if things play out like they have been, for the first time ever, I am going to get spoiled. As sweet as Des is, she's not into the acting end of this show. I get the sense that she's saying to herself, "Oh come on, you want me to say that? That's so lame! No one is going to buy this!" It's not her fault, the producers are just running the same scenarios to death, that's all.

    I can't justify thinking about this show all summer long like I have in the past. You'd put me in a sanitarium if you knew the half of it. And recently I found myself feeling mad that Catherine and Sean have backed off on their plan to have a summer wedding. As if I've been scammed! Nobody scams me! Now how crazy is that? Someone call the medics.
    I almost don't want to tell you this for fear of losing your sweet reward but those are supposed to be roses. At least that's what I think since the word rose appears in the image name.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

  3. #173
    FORT Fogey umngirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,468

    Re: 6/17 Bachelorette 9: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Oh, the infamous FRC re-do in Jen's season continues to haunt. He did get down on one knee and was accepted...weeks later they re-shot without the proposal when she had second thoughts. At the ATFR Jerry confirmed it was behind the scenes dirty when he gave her the finger upside his nose. That finger was analyzed to death...the FRC was analyzed to death looking for camera cuts frame by frame. In the end, she decided to choose no one, but it was behind the curtain.

    Brad is the first one TPTB allowed to be public about his no choice at the FRC. However, they did want to do a screen roll ending of him eating a hoagie while watching the show. They didn't, but everyone heard about it and it and Brad have done it to death since.

    Others didn't want to make a choice, but were pressured at the end by TPTB. PLo, the joke, slid through with a young'un from Florida; The football player offered airline tickets and didn't follow through; Travis offered a ring on a string to a hometown girl and didn't follow through. Deanna chose just to get through the season, but that played out a couple of months. Others played it for a few months or longer without making a stronger commitment.

    It's a dating show where the strings are more visible now and the curtain cracked open just a tad.
    Thank you for laying out the details for why I said Jen did pick someone only to later reject him.

    Truthfully, one of the main reasons I can't watch this season seriously is because there are too many tears, from both Des and the guys. That combined with all the drama between them instead of just light-hearted fun makes them seem worse then high school girls.
    NEPASue, Midol and Babbred like this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

  4. #174
    FORT Friend Baby's Breath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    737

    Re: 6/17 Bachelorette 9: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I almost don't want to tell you this for fear of losing your sweet reward but those are supposed to be roses. At least that's what I think since the word rose appears in the image name.
    Equally as good! You may keep your award.
    ilja likes this.

  5. #175
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,033

    Re: 6/17 Bachelorette 9: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

    There are always tears on this show lol. Has been since season 1. Ashley I think wins for the most tears ever from a lead. Remember how she was all curled up in bed in the dark under the covers sobbing for like ever!
    ilja likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

  6. #176
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,803

    Re: 6/17 Bachelorette 9: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    There are always tears on this show lol. Has been since season 1. Ashley I think wins for the most tears ever from a lead. Remember how she was all curled up in bed in the dark under the covers sobbing for like ever!
    But the guys cry more than Des
    NEPASue, Midol and Babbred like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  7. #177
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,112

    Re: 6/17 Bachelorette 9: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I think you can usually tell when there are real feelings vs edited or just to put on a show. Jen's season was my least favourite Bette season and she along with Emily, my least favourite Bettes. It could have something to do with them both "winning" the bachelor and then breaking up and getting their own season.

    I loved Brad and the hoagie...I remember them showing him eating it during credits for some other season. Was it Dee's?
    Yes! They did film Brad sitting on the couch in front of the TV eating the hoagie at the end of his first season. But whoever's in charge of those decisions didn't allow that little clip to air in his season. Instead, they showed it at the end of DeAnna's season and edited it to show Brad watching her FRC as she became engaged to Jesse. Of course, he had a no-reaction kind of reaction and channel surfed over to the game as he finished his sandwich. That little scene is one of my all-time favorite Bach/B'ette moments. It was kind of a peek behind the curtain and a little whisper to the viewers that yes, this show is 90% pure entertainment, not serious relationship stuff, and pssssst ... we're all in on the joke with you.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

  8. #178
    Fort Regular angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,579

    Re: 6/17 Bachelorette 9: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Fanny!

    ilja, you get the Best Smiley 2013 Award! I love those heart balloons!

    I'm going to watch tonight but if things play out like they have been, for the first time ever, I am going to get spoiled. As sweet as Des is, she's not into the acting end of this show. I get the sense that she's saying to herself, "Oh come on, you want me to say that? That's so lame! No one is going to buy this!" It's not her fault, the producers are just running the same scenarios to death, that's all.

    I can't justify thinking about this show all summer long like I have in the past. You'd put me in a sanitarium if you knew the half of it. And recently I found myself feeling mad that Catherine and Sean have backed off on their plan to have a summer wedding. As if I've been scammed! Nobody scams me! Now how crazy is that? Someone call the medics.
    Regarding the bolded, that's what I decided too, BB. This season hasn't kept my interest as past seasons have where I was on the edge of my seat wanting it to be a surprise at the end.
    Midol likes this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

  9. #179
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,803

    Re: 6/17 Bachelorette 9: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    Regarding the bolded, that's what I decided too, BB. This season hasn't kept my interest as past seasons have where I was on the edge of my seat wanting it to be a surprise at the end.
    ditto. Now I am
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  10. #180
    There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    19,775

    Re: 6/17 Bachelorette 9: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

    REMEMBER ALL YOU SPOILED PEOPLE - this is a non-spoiler forum so be VERY careful how you word your posts.
    mesachick and ilja like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.