Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree240Likes

Thread: 6/17 Bachelorette 9: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 6/17 Bachelorette 9: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Without that sweet blue Bentley convertible, the show is...well...just a show...
    Midol and Babbred like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I never saw anything between Sean and Cat - still don't. For me his season came off as one of the more fake ones.

The only season where I saw an instant and undeniable connection from the start was Brad with Emily. No matter how MF tried, he wasn't going to fool anyone regarding whom Brad chose. It was written in stone the moment they met.

I do see a connection between Des and Brooks that she doesn't have with any of the other guys. It doesn't mean that it's apparent to all the viewers, but it is for me. I am looking forward to seeing how the season plays out, that's for sure.
    With all due respect- you said you said you didn't watch Sean's season Mesa, so its not likely you saw their connection ( well, that we saw) I think we all see something different, in every season. Sometimes it's what we want to happen. I saw Emily, and I saw fake. Turns out I was right-but this show has a poor record.

Exactly. I liked her on Sean's season and I still like her. She is sweet, but, she is boring...on the show. She just doesn't seem to have enough presence to carry the show for me. I keep telling my friends...those still watching...that she is too soft. She doesn't seem to be really into any of the guys to me...and neither am I. Even the ones that she has had dates with and that many are touting as favourites...Brooks, Brayden...I'm not really seeing a connection. And she is just kissing everyone right and left. Not that I have a problem with her doing that, it's just that she doesn't really seem to enjoy it. It reminds me of Ali saying when she didn't have anything to talk about with her guys she'd just kiss them. Ditto.
    Yes!! kissing , and no talking . I usually know the guys by now, I kid you not, I never saw this last guy( ever) that's how bad it has gotten. What did poor Zak do, or not do, to have zero TV time
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

No, I said I didn't watch the entire show.... I watched most of it, but lost interest when it got down to the final 4 or 3, I don't remember, that's how bored I was lol. Sean's season was just kind of background noise for me, and I enjoyed the conversation it allotted me here on FoRT a ton better than I enjoyed the actual season lol. I had ample chance to see their connection, but it wasn't there for me.

I agree wholeheartedly that we all see different things in different couplings each season. No doubt. I also know that I love you Fanny!
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

I didnt get the connection between Catherine and Sean until they showed an outake from one of their last dates on that boat. They admitted that they both played a math game in their head and proceeded to do it together. They leave these connecting moments out of the show so it is difficult for any viewer to get it.
    NEPASue, ilja and Midol like this.

I never saw anything between Sean and Cat - still don't. For me his season came off as one of the more fake ones.

The only season where I saw an instant and undeniable connection from the start was Brad with Emily. No matter how MF tried, he wasn't going to fool anyone regarding whom Brad chose. It was written in stone the moment they met.

I do see a connection between Des and Brooks that she doesn't have with any of the other guys. It doesn't mean that it's apparent to all the viewers, but it is for me. I am looking forward to seeing how the season plays out, that's for sure.
    With regard to the bolded ... YES!!! Totally agree. That poor man was potty from the get go. He could barely form a coherent sentence when she was around. Unfortunately, what I saw was a one sided relationship. Others touted their love, but, I only saw a ga ga Brad and a totally unconnected Emily. I remember feeling so sorry for the schmuck at the AFTR. He got crucified in his first season for not picking anyone despite all the pressure put on him by producers and it was one of the reasons I had so much respect for him and was hoping he would find someone...and he did! It was clear he was in love, but, then to be totally whipped by Em at the AFTR...the poor guy just couldn't win. I really thought he was so much better with Chantel, but, he just saw that "perfect", bleach, blonde, plastic, Southern belle...and the fact that she had a child was just a bonus to him. Now he is dating Ashley=Emily II for me and I don't expect better results. It's funny how the rest of his final 4 from his second season got married ... just not him or Emily. Chantel met her now husband right away. Ashley met JP on her season and even the other Shawntel is engage to be married (or maybe already is).

Shoepie mentioned that it was only at rewatching Sean's season that she saw the connection because producers hide it. I am always spoiled and that is one of the reasons why. I like to know who the top 4 are because I want to see how the interaction is different with them and again, how is it different between the final two. If you know who, you watch out for the little things, those little tell tale signs that go by so quickly...hidden amongst all that drama and red herrings. It really helps to focus your attention. Most times I still don't see the connection...or more of a temporary connection which I don't really expect to last.

Like you I do see the connection that Des has with Brooks...but, to me it is just because the rest of her group is so blah. He is the one she is most at ease with. I see she likes him well enough, but, I just don't see the sparks like Ash/JP or Sean/Cat...or even Brad with Em. I am hoping that one of the upcoming dates sets her on fire or something...anything...will get her lit up...but, I'm not holding my breath!
    umngirl, Babbred and Fanny Mare like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I couldn't agree more about Darius Rucker as I think he is awesome as well. Who knows what Manny and Jan felt about Darius or if they had heard of him before. Perhaps something from the time period would have been better suited or they just had a good time and didn't much care who it was.
    IMO, Manny & Jan just enjoyed the activities as the date unfolded. The date was originally set up by TPTB for Des and whoever she picked, so the entertainment was pre-determined a while ago.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    RIP Becky, 5/14/93 - 3/16/13 Sebastian (b.1996) 4/10/10 - 2/16/14

Like you I do see the connection that Des has with Brooks...but, to me it is just because the rest of her group is so blah. He is the one she is most at ease with. I see she likes him well enough, but, I just don't see the sparks like Ash/JP or Sean/Cat...or even Brad with Em. I am hoping that one of the upcoming dates sets her on fire or something...anything...will get her lit up...but, I'm not holding my breath!
    Well said! I wonder if she feel pressure to choose someone, being dumped on TV isn't great for ones ego. I am also not holding my breath, I cant do that and yawn
    umngirl and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't think she would feel pressure to chose someone without having the right feelings behind it. There have been a few folks that haven't chosen anyone at the end now.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I don't think she would feel pressure to chose someone without having the right feelings behind it. There have been a few folks that haven't chosen anyone at the end now.
    Actually, just Brad 1.0 had the guts to pick no one. And no lead since that has not ended the show picking someone and becoming engaged (whether they really wanted to or not). So I think it's safe to say Des accepted a proposal at the end, whether that means she has a real relationship with that person or even wanted to be engaged is another story. Only time will tell with that.
    NEPASue likes this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    With regard to the bolded ... YES!!! Totally agree. That poor man was potty from the get go. He could barely form a coherent sentence when she was around. Unfortunately, what I saw was a one sided relationship. Others touted their love, but, I only saw a ga ga Brad and a totally unconnected Emily. I remember feeling so sorry for the schmuck at the AFTR. He got crucified in his first season for not picking anyone despite all the pressure put on him by producers and it was one of the reasons I had so much respect for him and was hoping he would find someone...and he did! It was clear he was in love, but, then to be totally whipped by Em at the AFTR...the poor guy just couldn't win. I really thought he was so much better with Chantel, but, he just saw that "perfect", bleach, blonde, plastic, Southern belle...and the fact that she had a child was just a bonus to him. Now he is dating Ashley=Emily II for me and I don't expect better results. It's funny how the rest of his final 4 from his second season got married ... just not him or Emily. Chantel met her now husband right away. Ashley met JP on her season and even the other Shawntel is engage to be married (or maybe already is).

Shoepie mentioned that it was only at rewatching Sean's season that she saw the connection because producers hide it. I am always spoiled and that is one of the reasons why. I like to know who the top 4 are because I want to see how the interaction is different with them and again, how is it different between the final two. If you know who, you watch out for the little things, those little tell tale signs that go by so quickly...hidden amongst all that drama and red herrings. It really helps to focus your attention. Most times I still don't see the connection...or more of a temporary connection which I don't really expect to last.

I'll add that I think Ben was a goner for Courtney the moment she stepped out of that limo. No way around that.

You outlined perfectly why I always watch this show spoiled. There are so many more little moments you catch when you know who makes it far, which was especially the case last season with Sean/Catherine. But even then, all my unspoiled roommates knew she was it by the FD and it was a runaway. Some people never saw it, but I very rarely see "it" between the couple so when I did last season I was excited and I still am for them as their relationship appears to be getting better and better.

All I'm seeing this season is that Des likes to kiss a lot of guys. I'm not seeing any great connections but that may be because I nearly fall asleep every episode. I wish I had some enthusiasm about this season, but sadly it's reminding me more and more of the snoozers in the past we've sat through.
    Shoepie, Midol and Babbred like this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~