+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree204Likes

Thread: 6/3 Bachelorette 9: Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 6/3 Bachelorette 9: Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt View Post
    Okay, now I see why I was getting a weird vibe about Ben. He's a jerk. Has a rose, and has to take Des away from a guy who doesn't? And she doesn't come off too well either. What he was telling her is IMPORTANT to know. Why would she not tell Ben that she couldn't go off with him then.

More broadly, why does someone who just started talking with the Bachelor/ette have to leave just because someone else shows up?
    I have wondered why the lead automatically allows the interruption, too. Production rule, perhaps. Even if the producers were behind Joe doing this, he still has a say, I am sure. Certainly Des does. It was Sean who changed the rose format, she can insist on some things, as well. She just doesn't know that or have the nerve. Or she wanted to stop her conversation with the guy who has diabetes. That is not out of the question and very well may be a good reason. He could have said, you already have a rose, give me a few more minutes. This never happens, either.

I wonder why contestants feel they have to expose their underbelly at the cocktail party so early in the game. I know it would be off putting for me to learn of Brandon's horrific childhood. It has to effect his life now and I would wonder how and if I could uncover that in the short time frame. And having type 1 diabetes is serious and will effect his life in grand ways. She probably doesn't know anything about it.

Her date with Brooks was the most genuine, I have seen, for a first date despite the private concert and wedding attire. At least two of the most boring date ideas are behind us. Nice of them to have used them both in one fell swoop.

Ben is smarmy and clearly into "winning." I do believe he is hoping to get buzz going for his bar. It worked for Brad. It is unusual to see the men not get along with someone and so early in the show. They usually do well behind the scenes and leave drama out of it. Very telling. I also question how much he is involved with his son and does he really get along with his mother? He was way too off hand and casual when talking about this. I suppose the fact that he took him in the limo says the mother was ok with it, so there is that.

Please, everyone, shave!

The word amazing has not popped up yet. We are now being saturated with "being there for the right reason." Come on guys. Everyone is there to find love AND exposure. Who would apply for this show without this duel agenda? I take that as fact and it does not bother me. The producers will ask that she keep Ben around longer than she would like. I think he turned her off last night when he took her away. He does not radiate genuine and I bet she saw that when sitting outside with him. A hunch.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 06-04-2013 at 07:46 AM.

I got the feeling she wasn't as into Ben at the Rose Ceremony as she had been. Though apparently she's more into him than we are.
    Shoepie and Midol like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

FORT Fogey

I have gathered my wits and have stopped wondering about anything. Production has total control, orchestrates the interruptions and tells Des to ask about past relationships and family. I know this!
    Alexxxx likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I got the feeling she wasn't as into Ben at the Rose Ceremony as she had been. Though apparently she's more into him than we are.
    I agree. I think she got his number last night. I would put money on it. He will be a production pick to stay for the next few weeks because of the drama he is causing with the men. It will be interesting to watch her reaction to him as he continues to push.
    ilja and Midol like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

The one thing I liked best about her date with Brooks . . . While they were sitting on the Hollywood sign, after several kisses, as she put her head on his shoulder, he said "thank you." No smug grin that he kissed the "prize"; "thank you."
    Shoepie, jacy, ilja and 2 others like this.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Yeah, I liked him, too. He's goofy looking like the shaggy guy in Scooby Doo, but his heart and manners seem to be in the right place. Plus, he showed he could appreciate the ridiculous and laugh.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Desiree's Blog is posted in her blog thread.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Yeah, I think a sad story was a prerequisite to get on this season.
    The Bachelorette: Let's Have a Telethon Edition

I hope all these guys informed all their significant-whatevers that this much personal background info would be aired to the masses this way.
    Midol likes this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Check out my reality! AZHotFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Yeah, I liked him, too. He's goofy looking like the shaggy guy in Scooby Doo, but his heart and manners seem to be in the right place. Plus, he showed he could appreciate the ridiculous and laugh.
    Thank you! I was trying to figure out who Brooks "looked like" .. .and you are correct .. Shaggy! ... Their next date should involve a Great Dane!
    Wasting away another summer...

FORT Fogey

This episode got a 1.7 rating, which is a series low. The first episode of this season got a 1.9 rating.

+ Reply to Thread