+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Desiree's Blog

Re: Desiree's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I still like Des and think she is a real sweetheart.
    When she was describing the fireworks with her hands, her fun personality was shining through. It had no edited, scripted feel to it - it was just Des being Des.
    DARtheSTAR and ilja like this.

TV Watch Category : The Bachelorette

The Bachelorette: Desiree Hartsock Blogs About Meeting the Families

By Desiree Hartsock

07/16/2013 at 09:00 AM EDT

Facebook
    Tweet
    7 Comments

The Bachelorette: Desiree Hartsock Blogs About Meeting the Families

Desiree Hartsock

After a beautiful week in Madeira, I was excited to meet the families of the four guys left on The Bachelorette. This week would be pivotal in helping me discern my feelings for each guy. It felt so refreshing to be back in the States, and I couldn't wait to see what the men had in store.

Zak always has a surprise for me – I love that about him – so I had no idea what to expect for our date. I knew that his family business was in sno-cones but I did not expect to make them for a classroom of kindergarteners. It was so much fun trying all the unique flavors and it brought me back to my childhood. Zak was amazing with all the children and that showed the kind of father he would be – funny yet caring.

He tried to explain each family member to me the best he could, so that made me feel right at home. Their energy was out of this world and the entire house was filled with joy. I was nervous at first to talk with his protective sister, but her sweet personality put me at ease. I didn't necessarily have any weighing concerns about Zak that I needed answers about – but I needed to see if my feelings were matching up to his. It was such a kind gesture for Zak to give me a ring to show me what he was hopeful for in our relationship and tell me that he loves me. But at that same moment I realized that maybe I wasn't there with him yet – and that broke my heart.

Drew's Family

Since Drew tended to be more reserved and serious, I hoped his family would bring out a different side to him. Going with him to pick up his sister Melissa is a moment I will never forget. She was so excited to see Drew and I could see the love that they had for each other. The care he took with her showed me how he would take care of his own family one day.

I was really looking forward to meeting Drew's father, Mal. After my conversation with him, I could see why he's Drew's hero. Mal was so kind-hearted, yet strong, and it was such a pleasure to meet him and get his blessing. His entire family was so loving and kind – the type of family you want to be around. Also Drew lit up around his family. I could see a more comfortable and charismatic side to him that I had been looking for. And the steamy kiss he laid on me as I left was quite memorable too!

Chris's Family

I was thrilled to meet Chris's family in Oregon. One of the qualities I love about Chris is his athleticism, so it was nice to share in his passion for baseball and see where he played as a kid. I enjoyed showing off my baseball skills and hopefully impressed him. Spending the day with Chris in his hometown felt effortless and I could picture what a life together would be like.

I always have an amazing time with Chris and our relationship has progressed in such a wonderful way but I needed his family's blessing. I knew he was ready for a commitment but I needed to see if our lives meshed well together. I enjoyed talking with his mother and I could tell she only wants what is best for her son. That was endearing and I was glad that his family gave us their blessings. It felt great to know where my relationship stood with Chris and that made me hopeful for the rest of the journey.

Brooks's Family

It seemed like forever since I last saw Brooks in Madeira, so I couldn't wait to see him and meet his large family. I am always very comfortable with Brooks and love how engaging he is in conversation, so our time in the park brought me right back to where we left off. Since his confidence throughout this journey has waivered, I shared a list of our best memories to reassure him of my strong feelings for him. It worried me that he still needed reassurance, so I did have questions for his family to see if he is ready for a committed relationship.

Meeting a family that included nine siblings and their partners along with his mother, I was prepared for anything. His mother and siblings told me that Brooks is ready for a committed relationship once he meets the right girl and that he would be the best partner to have in life. After a great day, I felt confident in my relationship with Brooks and couldn't wait to see him again.

Sending Zak Home

Sending Zak home was difficult because he is such a great guy. He will make some woman very happy one day – and will certainly keep her laughing through life.

The relationships are now at a make-it-or-break-it stage and I can see my life with any of the three men left. After that hometown rose ceremony, I was 100 percent officially in love and feeling good.

Breaking News!

Stay tuned for next week's episode, The Men Tell All, as I re-live the ups and downs from the previous dates, and come face to face with the men I sent home. I have no idea what to expect, but I do know that I have a few choice words for a few of the guys, especially because I was able to get some advice from former Bachelorettes Ali Fedotowsky, Ashley Hebert and Emily Maynard on just how to deal with some of my bad boys. This should be interesting!

BREAKING NEWS: I just learned that Brian is too scared to show his face at The Men Tell All, but that is probably for the better. I definitely don't want to waste any time on a guy who showed up with a girlfriend. That is not the type of guy I was ever looking for, nor is he someone that any self-respecting woman in America should be with. I hope you don't get your heart broken by that jerk, Stephanie!

Thanks for watching the show and reading my Bachelorette blog! XOXO,
    Desiree
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Oh please. Brian ... who cares? He's back with the stupid girlfriend anyway. As for the rest, I really don't need to see all the fake drama brought up al over again. I'm sure there will be lots yelling over each other and CH just egging it on.

As for the guys...Des writes that what she likes about Chris is his "athleticism"??? Not exactly a ringing endorsement for a guy she wants to be in a relationship with. Drew...She writes that she was looking to see a more "charismatic" side of him. That translates into he usually bores me. Brooks is the only one she missed. He was the only one she was trying to keep engaged in a relationship...not to mention that she has now said several times that she is in love with him. What a boring season with a boring bunch of people. Even the fake, manufactured drama was boring. The only thing I am waiting for is to see who in the next bachelor. Anyone other than Zak from this sorry bunch and I'll be taking a season off to catch up on my reading.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Oh please. Brian ... who cares? He's back with the stupid girlfriend anyway. As for the rest, I really don't need to see all the fake drama brought up al over again. I'm sure there will be lots yelling over each other and CH just egging it on.

As for the guys...Des writes that what she likes about Chris is his "athleticism"??? Not exactly a ringing endorsement for a guy she wants to be in a relationship with. Drew...She writes that she was looking to see a more "charismatic" side of him. That translates into he usually bores me. Brooks is the only one she missed. He was the only one she was trying to keep engaged in a relationship...not to mention that she has now said several times that she is in love with him. What a boring season with a boring bunch of people. Even the fake, manufactured drama was boring. The only thing I am waiting for is to see who in the next bachelor. Anyone other than Zak from this sorry bunch and I'll be taking a season off to catch up on my reading.
    Well said Midol., I agree 100%. Zak stayed out of all the fake drama, Chris and Brooks did not. Zak hasn't bawled like a baby.

Even if he is the next Bach, I really do hope they DO something different .I am so frigging bored with the same old same old.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post

Wow. Even the blog is stilted and boring. Something is so off with this season.
    Shoepie and Midol like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I know. I don't think she has a ghost writer as has been charged in previous seasons. I hear her voice speaking when I read her writing. She seems to be blandly under control, or her range of emotions is limited. It's hard to explain.
    Shoepie and Midol like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

The Bachelorette: Desiree Hartsock Blogs: I Was Put on the Spot! : People.com

The Bachelorette's Desiree Hartsock Blogs: I Was Put on the Spot!

By Desiree Hartsock

07/23/2013 at 12:30 PM EDT

It's not everyday you have all your ex-boyfriends in one room ready to put you on the spot, but that is exactly what I had to deal with on Men Tell All.

I was anxious, nervous and also excited to see all the men I had sent home. It was an emotional journey and I have nothing but fond memories – of most of them.

Before the shoot, I received advice from former Bachelorettes Emily, Ashley and Ali. Who better to talk to about how to handle some of the "bad boys" from my season? I know Emily really went after Kalon and Ali and Ashley were disappointed they were unable to address their bad boy cowards, Bentley and Justin "Rated R."

Walking out on that stage brought mixed emotions. Seeing Zak W, Juan Pablo, and Michael, I wanted to run over and hug them. Seeing James and Ben, I wanted to turn and run, because I'm tired of the drama. But I remembered what my Bachelorette girlfriends told me, so I went for it.

Although that first night I was intrigued by Ben, my opinion began to change when I started having an intuitive, cautious feeling about his intentions. I also had concerns about his sincerity even before the guys approached me about him, so it was interesting to see his true colors when he went home in that limo.

I wanted to see if he learned anything about himself, but, unfortunately, he is the same man today as he was on the show. He wears a face of trickery, and I don't think either of us will ever know who he really is.

Relief Is Sweet

It felt great to tell him what I thought, because I never wanted him to think that he got away with anything. I was glad to hear he regretted some of the things he said in the limo, and at the end of the day, I do hope the best for him.

Another questionable personality that stirred up a lot of drama in the house was James. He and I had a wonderful date in Atlantic City and a strong connection, so it was surprising to hear the things he said in private that contradicted how I felt about him.

I had a hard time deciding whether or not to send him home. Watching it back, I wish I had sent him home on those steps in Spain, but his words were too smooth for me to do that. I feel manipulated, like I was buying every word he was selling. I'm glad that after watching it back I was able to express to him how I felt about the situation.

As for the one man who needed the most redemption, Brian had the audacity to come on the show with a girlfriend, but couldn't even face his faults during Men Tell All. An apology would have sufficed, but I suppose that shows more of his character.

There were a few guys I was really happy to see. Juan Pablo is such a great guy. He embodies many attractive qualities and not just his incredible good looks. I wish I could have explored that relationship more, but knew that I had stronger relationships formed and didn't want to involve his daughter when I already knew that we didn't have a future.

It was also great to see Michael smiling and looking happy, because I know that goodbye was a harder one for us both.

Seeing Zak W. was the highlight of my night. He lights up an entire room with his energy and smile, so I was hoping to see that come alive after an incredibly emotional goodbye. I adored his family and have always adored his outlook on life, but there was just something missing between us. It was difficult to face him, because we were both at a loss of words

Biggest Surprise

The biggest surprise came when he pulled out his guitar and sang to me. It was such a beautiful song that expressed exactly how he felt about the goodbye and moving on. I love that he always has something new to share and can be vulnerable enough to express it. He is so deserving of love. I would love to see him have the opportunity to choose from 25 suitable women to find it. Who's with me on that?

Overall, it was exciting and fun to see everyone at Men Tell All and to hear what they had to say after watching the episodes. It has been an unforgettable journey thus far, and I appreciate the men coming together once again to re-live the experience. And Brandon looked great and didn't even cry!

Next week, tune in for one of the most emotional episodes ever – which is a really weird thing to write, because it is my life we are talking about here! It will be a defining moment for me in my journey to find love.

Thank you for watching and reading my bachelorette blog!

XOXO
    Desiree

She sure is pushing Zack. While I like him, I'm not in the mood for another boring season.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Yes, I noticed her Zak love. She does have three left though- who knows, it might be one of them. I know who I think got the edit for that, but that just my guess
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I hear ya - too much pushing Zak for the next Bachelor. My guess... that's who we are going to end up with. *sigh*
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread