Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Desiree's Blog

Re: Desiree's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I wish they would quit editing out the steamy, melting parts especially if one involves Juan Pablo!!! How unfair to us ladies!!!
    I like reading how surprised Des is by what was going on that she was unaware of. I still like Des and really enjoyed last night's show.
    I finally got to watch and I enjoyed last night's show as well. I don't know who is responsible for editing this season, but they are totally being unfair to us as viewers. I can't help, but wonder if the season would be so boring to so many since they seem to be leaving out the parts that we would consider good parts and that would include JP turning up the heat in the igloo to the point that Des thought it might melt. Instead we have not heard a whole lot from JP and I also wonder if it has something to do with the language barrier. If and that is just a big "if" because I don't know for sure, but why bring him on if they don't think he can carry a scene? When he has been allowed to be part of something I think he has been adorable. Makes me wonder what has ended up on the cutting room floor? While I didn't watch that much of her on Sean's season she made it quite far and what I did see of her she seemed to get along really well with Sean and it seemed they were able to carry on some good conversations and I remember her being fun, and Sean thought she was a good pick to pull that prank on and she did the same at the hometown date to get back at him. I just feel bad for Des and plan on continuing to watch because I do like her.

As a side I so loved seeing Germany. The mountains were beautiful and some of the scenery fantastic. I really enjoyed the sledding and that fancy Igloo was absolutely beautiful.

bamafan said:

They have apparently forgotten how to pull in their target audience this season!
    Couldn't agree more with that statement!
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 06-26-2013 at 05:43 PM.
    mesachick and ilja like this.

They have apparently forgotten how to pull in their target audience this season!
    That's because they are reading and relying on Facebook and Twitter ... instead of the elites here at FORT and on other FORUMS !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    That's because they are reading and relying on Facebook and Twitter ... instead of the elites here at FORT and on other FORUMS !
    Not much on facebook echo. There is a lovely photo of her and Cat
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Next week I have a very emotional decision; the men will get competitive once again, Zak and I will explore our bodies.
    Wait. WHAT??? Am I missing something? Is next week Fantasy Dates already? I'm confused.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Next week is romantic Spain. Des must have good memories of Barcelona. LOL
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

The Bachelorette: Desiree Hartsock Blogs About Dates in Spain : People.com

By Desiree Hartsock

The Bachelorette: Desiree Hartsock Blogs About Dates in Spain

I've always wanted to see Spain and now that I've been there on The Bachelorette, it's one of my favorite places on earth! The city of Barcelona, the people, art and culture are so inspiring. What a wonderful place to start fresh after such an awkward week in Germany. That is, until I was placed in a compromising position and had to deal with more emotions and drama from the men.

I wanted to explore the city and continue my connection with Drew. In a group setting, he tends to be more reserved and I wanted to see his fun, playful side on our date. Although that side didn't shine through, a different and powerful one did. It really took a lot for Drew to tell me about his father's past. The emotion he showed talking about his father being his hero was endearing and I appreciated Drew for being so open.

Drew may be reserved but he definitely knows how to show his passion and feelings through a kiss! It was such a great moment with him that ended up being over shadowed by the bombshell of information about James. Drew is one of the most trust-worthy men in the house. I knew I could believe his every word.

After the drama with Brian's girlfriend, Bryden leaving and Ben's behavior with the other men, the James debacle was the last thing I wanted to focus on. I was extremely disappointed by what Drew told me. James seemed like a loving, caring and respectful man. I don't see what the men are like around each other in the house or when the cameras are off, so I had to take my time in making a decision about James. At this point James was pretty high on my list. I was thinking about meeting his family. I know his good side is so, so good.

Good Sport

I love group dates that allow everyone to be active and let loose. So when in Spain, do as the Spaniards do ... and play futbol! Juan Pablo is really in his element on the field. I'm quite competitive, so it was fun to win the game with my incredible team. I didn't want to confront James during the day and ruin the fun for everyone, so I spent the day just observing his behavior. James was being very quiet, standoffish and looked downright miserable. It was obvious that he was having a hard time being there and didn't get a long with the other men. But even James's behavior on the field could not prepare anyone for what happened at the afterparty.

I was excited to have one-on-one time with both Brooks and Chris – especially knowing that I had to talk to James later. I shared a poem I wrote with Chris. He has been so generous with his thoughts and poems. Everything is so natural and easy with him. It truly felt like we were high school sweethearts sitting on my bed that night. My time with Brooks was one of the best we had thus far, and it was nice to connect once again since our one-on-one date seemed so long ago. Both Brooks and Chris lifted my spirits and made the night seem like it was going well. I had no idea what was happening simultaneously.

Confronting James

Once I confirmed everything with Kasey, it was time for me to confront James. With all of the drama going on I was in no mood to give out a rose. I had all intentions of sending James straight home, but his softness, emotions and demeanor got the best of me. I needed to sleep on it and couldn't make a decision that night. I mean, he is charismatic!

After the emotional confrontation with James, I truly just wanted to have a fun-filled day with Zak to take my mind off of things. He was the best man to have on this date because he knows how to make me laugh. I love to paint, sketch and create, so it was exciting to spend the day sharing that with someone else.

This could have been an uncomfortable moment drawing a naked man, but Zak took it in stride and created art! His portrait of me was – let's be honest – terrible, but his effort was touching. Who better than "shirtless Zak" to share two of my passions – art and the male form?

I needed to take care of the James situation before the rose ceremony. Once again, my intention of letting him go fell away once he started telling me how he felt with such sincerity. Watching it back, I feel I was completely manipulated by him. He would put on a softer, caring persona around me, but then speak so harshly with the men. After a lot of thought, I decided that keeping James there would diminish my other relationships. It will be interesting to see what James has to say about himself at Men Tell All. I know I will have some questions for him!

Final Five

It was an emotionally draining week – and so difficult to send home really great men (aside from James). I couldn't go further with Juan Pablo once I knew other relationships were stronger and that he had his daughter back home waiting for him. It wouldn't be fair. Chemistry is a very strange thing that is either there or it isn't. You guys didn't get to see a lot of Juan Pablo. He is great and we had a strong physical connection, but could not get it to that next level. Some woman will be very lucky to end up with him.

Although Kasey has all the qualities I'm looking for in a man, and seems perfect for me on paper, we just couldn't force the chemistry to be there. It was the most nerve-racking rose ceremony to date.

With James gone, I thought that all of the drama was behind me. I stayed hopeful that a mutual love could be found in one of the five amazing guys that were left.

The dates next week are full of romance and wild excursions on the beautiful island of Madeira. Feelings are fully developed at this point and it is exciting to explore the depth of each relationship.

Thank you for watching and reading my Bachelorette blog!
    XOXO,
    Desiree
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Well, Des mentions that she didn't get to see the fun/playful side of Drew. To me that is a sign that he is not the one. Not fun = boring = toast. Not to mention he brought down her mood after apparently successfully kissing her by tattling on James. Tattlers never prosper on this show...only people who stay out of the frey become the "winner".

This show has been dragging so much that I did not even realise there were only five left...Brooks, Chris, Drew, Zak and Michael. Which of these is not like the others?...and hopefully will be going home next week. Case...and YOU...dismissed Mr. Prosecutor/whiny, bitchy, pompous twit!!!
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

After the drama with Brian's girlfriend, Bryden leaving and Ben's behavior with the other men, the James debacle was the last thing I wanted to focus on. I was extremely disappointed by what Drew told me. James seemed like a loving, caring and respectful man. I don't see what the men are like around each other in the house or when the cameras are off, so I had to take my time in making a decision about James. At this point James was pretty high on my list. I was thinking about meeting his family. I know his good side is so, so good.
    It kinda makes me laugh that Des is so much more concerned by what James supposedly said to other guys, instead of what he directly told her. Is his good side the "honest I told you that I cheated during a 5 year relationship" or something else?

There is always a theme every season. Other than the whiny biotches, trust is a big theme this season and I have to wonder why.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Here it is...a headline

The Bachelorette: Desiree Hartsock Blogs: I'm in Love with Brooks Forester : People.com

The Bachelorette's Desiree Hartsock Blogs: I'm in Love with Brooks!

By Desiree Hartsock

After such an emotional and dramatic week in Spain, I was looking forward to a new, refreshing week in Madeira, Portugal, an island I knew little about. And what a wonderful place to start fresh! The scenery was out of this world and it truly lifted my spirits. It has it all – the ocean, the mountains, lushness, cobblestone streets and, of course, five guys that I was crazy about. I really tried to keep each relationship separate throughout this journey on The Bachelorette, but starting this week, I compared the relationships so I could find out whose family I needed to meet.

It was a long-awaited second date for Brooks and me. The time we shared on group dates was great, but we needed the alone time to reconnect. I had no idea just how beautiful our destination we be, but I loved just being in the car with him. We were blown away once we reached the top of the mountain. I can't put into words how majestic and breathtaking the view was above the clouds. It was a dream come true to be in such a beautiful place and to move forward in our relationship. I was really on Cloud 9!

I knew that Brooks was reflective and needed reassurance, but I has no idea that we may not be on the same page. I wish he had felt comfortable enough to tell me what he was feeling. I let the men know from the beginning that it was a two-way street, so I appreciated that Brooks wanted to be confident in his decision to introduce me to his family. I could tell from the emotion he showed that his family means a lot to him so I was glad (and relieved!) that he wanted his family to meet me. The fireworks at the end of the night were incredible, and the date left me feeling good about where Brooks and I stood. I felt like he could be the one for me.

Saying I Love You

I was excited to see Chris, and I thought that spending a day relaxing out at sea would turn up the romance. It was nice to share that time on a deserted island with Chris and write a poem together. That's something I've never done before with a boyfriend, so it definitely set our connection apart from others.

Dinner with Chris that night in town was beyond romantic. It was nice to learn more about his family. But the ultimate treat was another poem he wrote that ended with him saying he loved me. That was more than I had expected that night. It meant so much to me that he was able to be so vulnerable. It was also a good sign that I wasn't scared when he read those words.

Two-on-One Dates

After a rocky two-on-one date, Michael redeemed himself and proved he is a sincere and passionate man on our first one-on-one. Madeira Island has so much to offer. We explored the tropical fruits, toboggans and gardens together. But I was really trying to explore our connection. I had such strong relationships with the other four men. Michael expressed how he felt for me and where he would like to see our relationship go. I was glad that he could share his feelings with me, and Michael is a great guy with so much to offer, but I wasn't sure if I could see a lasting future with him. That gave me the clarity I needed for the rose ceremony. I only hope the best for him because he will make someone feel so loved, special, and protected.

Heading into my second two-on-one date, I hoped Drew and Zak would get along. I was not prepared to repeat another awkward date – and, fortunately, I didn't have to. Picking someone to get a rose and a hometown visit became my biggest difficulty. I know how badly I wanted that rose from Sean, and how disappointed I was when I didn't get it. I hated possibly making Zak or Drew feel that same way.

Racing in those go-carts helped take pressure off and set the mood for the rest of the day. I loved that Zak is a creative gift giver and always kept our time together interesting. It was fun to look back and see how far we came from that first night with his drawings. Zak's positivity and charisma are infectious and I always enjoy being around him.

Drew was always honest with me that he is a private person and doesn't easily let people in. It meant so much to know that he trusted me and wanted me to accompany him to pick up his sister Melissa if I went on a hometown visit with him. Drew has such sincerity and kindness that reflects in his eyes. His heart and loyalty made me want to meet the family, so that is why I chose to give him the rose that day.

Going Home

Throughout this journey, Chris Harrison has been there to hear the ups and downs of all my relationships. During our chat, I decided to be completely honest with him about being in love with Brooks and falling in love with Chris. But I still needed and wanted to see if my relationships with Drew and Zak could surpass the other two. I chose to be the Bachelorette to potentially find the man of my dreams and to fall in love, so it felt great to know that it was working.

Hometown dates are extremely important. It's a time for us to see if we could work outside the world of The Bachelorette, back home with the people that know you best. I wanted the guys to make sure they saw a future with me. And I wanted to learn more about the guys by meeting their families. Even though my hometown experience with Sean didn't turn out the way I had hoped, I didn't let that worry me. And since the conversation my brother had with Sean last season didn't go well, I decided to talk with him about each guy before letting him meet anyone.

Stay tuned! Next week there is an emotional goodbye along with questions about one of the men. The ups and downs never end ...

Thank you for watching and reading my Bachelorette blog!

XOXO
    Desiree

I still like Des and think she is a real sweetheart.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?