+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Desiree's Blog

Re: Desiree's Blog

The Bachelorette: Desiree Hartsock's Blog About First Dates, Early Drama : People.com

The Bachelorette: Desiree Hartsock Blogs About Her First Dates

By Desiree Hartsock

06/04/2013 at 10:15 AM EDT

The Bachelorette: Desiree Hartsock's Blog About First Dates, Early Drama
    Former Bachelor contestant Desiree Hartsock is calling the shots and handing out the roses as the current star of The Bachelorette. The bridal stylist will blog all season long on PEOPLE.com about her dates, the guys and the difficult decisions she must make. You can also follow Desiree on Twitter.

After a wonderful first night meeting the men on The Bachelorette, I was extremely anxious and excited to see what kind of connections I could form. I had great conversations with almost everyone and although it was a little overwhelming, I felt good about picking the guys for my first dates. After seeing the men in their suits, I was most looking forward to seeing them in casual clothes to get a better idea of who they are

I had butterflies walking into the mansion to pick Brooks up for our date. It was the start of an incredible new chapter of my life.

For that first date, I wanted someone who could be spontaneous and turn a seemingly awkward activity into fun and laughter. Brooks was the perfect choice. At first I was nervous about bringing him to a bridal salon because men don't typically know what to do around beautiful white dresses, but bridal design is my passion so it was important for me to share that. Thankfully Brooks didn't freak out. He took charge and made trying on suits and dresses hilarious and memorable, which is what I'm looking for – someone who can just let loose.

Looking into the mirror together as a couple, dressed as newlyweds, reminded me why I chose to be the Bachelorette and made me hopeful for what could be. I got genuinely excited! The best part about the car ride to the Hollywood sign with Brooks was our engaging and fun conversation. The natural banter and comfort we had continued and made the date so special. For me, the Hollywood sign represents everyone (including myself) who comes to Los Angeles to pursue their dreams, so the opportunity to sit on top of it carried a personal significance that meant so much to me.

At dinner that night, Brooks shared details of his life that are not easy to talk about. His openness allowed me to trust him and share my own life story. The setting was gorgeous on top of that bridge, but the greatest thing about the date was that we were able to get lost in conversation and truly be in the moment. We weren't focused on anything else. Dancing in the moonlight to Andy Grammar was the cherry on top. I was the happiest person alive after a successful first date and that geared me up for the dates to follow.

That's a Rap

Who would think making a rap video with 14 guys would be so much fun and hilarious? The point of this group date was to see who could let loose and not be afraid to make fun of themselves. It was hard to give everyone the attention I wanted to, but I found ways to make conversation throughout the day. I was having a blast changing into the different outfits for the scenes and watching the guys learn dance moves with Soulja Boy. There were some uncomfortable scenes leaving nothing to the imagination – if you know what I mean – but overall I felt comfortable with the guys.

I was able to learn more about each guy that night at the cocktail party. I have never received a gift like the one Zak W. gave to me. I enjoy writing and have had a journal since I was 8 years old, so his thoughtful gift left me speechless and interested to learn more about the first night's "shirtless man."

It was really tough for me to decide who to give the rose to. I had a great conversation with Ben where we shared stories about our childhood and our interests so I felt I had more invested in him. But I didn't realize how giving it to him would affect the others. I feel for Sean Lowe a lot more now knowing how difficult it is to hand out roses on group dates.

First Kiss

I was on a natural high after two dates and wanted to keep that joy alive on my date with Bryden. I love road trips – they're the best way to get to know someone you are dating. I have discovered red flags with exes while on road trips so I was interested to see how Bryden would be. He is very easygoing and also a little mysterious, which drew me in that first night. I knew he was from Montana and had never been to California before, so it was special to explore the Pacific coast and experience new sights.

Neither one of us knew how the kite worked on the beach. That broke the ice because every time the kite wouldn't work we would burst into laughter. We played in the waves, rocks and sand like two little kids. It was the most fun I have had at the beach in a long time. Bryden showed that he could go with the flow and make the most of everything, which I really liked.

I was excited to sit down at dinner and learn more about him. I could not believe the story of his horrible accident and how he made it through alive with such perseverance while learning a valuable life lesson – not to take life for granted. His decision to follow his passion and join the National Guard is admirable. While looking at the pictures of his accident and hearing what is was like to be hospitalized, all I wanted to do was take care of him. There was A LOT of build up for that first kiss – and I'm glad the night ended on a solid note.

Early Drama

I have been waiting for these episodes to start airing not only for the stories to unfold for viewers, but also so I can get a better glimpse into the drama that started to build amongst the men in the house. For this first week, I put my focus solely into conversations with the men and not on the tension. I didn't even think there would be drama this early on. As I'm sure you know, I only see what happens right in front of me, so I'm just as curious as all of you to watch it unfold.

There is so much that goes into these relationships and emotions that you see on the screen, so I hope this blog can give you a better idea of the feelings that are forming in front of your eyes.

Oh, one more thing, next week's events are unlike anything you've ever seen before. I always fear that someone isn't here for the right reasons – fortunately this liar gets caught. There is unbelievable confrontation, men playing rough, and sexy cowboys.

Thank you so much for watching and reading my Bachelorette blog.

– Xoxo Desiree
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Newbie

Des's blog has been super lame so far. I have a hard time believing that she's writing it. In fact, *I* could have written this just by watching the episode! There's no insight whatsoever. I felt like Sean at least talked to his ghost writer, or even wrote his blog himself. This is just dumb. One reason I suspect she isn't writing this is that she doesn't even explain why she got rid of Robert, which she talked about on twitter last night. In fact, it was the only thing she tweeted about the entire episode! Here's her tweet:
    Sorry ladies! Robert aka Liam Hemsworth's brother dated my friend before so couldn't keep him around. #thebachelorette #friendsfirst
    That was more interesting that her entire blog so far!
    Shoepie and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by annie_wu View Post
    Des's blog has been super lame so far. I have a hard time believing that she's writing it. In fact, *I* could have written this just by watching the episode! There's no insight whatsoever. I felt like Sean at least talked to his ghost writer, or even wrote his blog himself. This is just dumb. One reason I suspect she isn't writing this is that she doesn't even explain why she got rid of Robert, which she talked about on twitter last night. In fact, it was the only thing she tweeted about the entire episode! Here's her tweet:

That was more interesting that her entire blog so far!
    I really wonder why this was not mentioned during the show?...or was it and I missed it since I am not that into the season? This is real drama. They did not even have to manufature it. Why not use it or at least show it to break up all the fake Ben drama?
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Ah, what a sweetheart! I enjoyed reading that.
    Photobabe likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

I had butterflies walking into the mansion to pick Brooks up for our date. It was the start of an incredible new chapter of my life.
    I don't want to do any disallowed speculation ... so I hope this is okay. To me this is pretty telling. She wasn't nervous or excited about walking into the mansion facing all the guys ... but getting butterflies picking up Brooks. Hmmmm

ETA: I get butterflies about that Bentley ... the car.
    Shoepie and ilja like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    ... I get butterflies about that Bentley ... the car.
    Me too! I could take or leave the suitors, but for me, that gorgeous car would get the final rose.
    ilja likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Me too! I could take or leave the suitors, but for me, that gorgeous car would get the final rose.
    Yes, now that's a Bentley I would love to take for a ride
    ilja likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Bachelorette: Desiree Hartsock's Blog: 'Disgusted' & 'Outraged' by Secret : People.com

Desiree Hartsock's Bachelorette Blog: 'Disgusted' and 'Outraged' by Brian's Secret

By Desiree Hartsock

Former Bachelor contestant Desiree Hartsock is calling the shots and handing out the roses as the current star of The Bachelorette. The bridal stylist will blog all season long on PEOPLE.com about her dates, the guys and the difficult decisions she must make. You can also follow Desiree on Twitter.

I absolutely loved having two group dates this week on The Bachelorette! It was really important to have as much time as possible with each guy so I could see if there was a connection or not, in order to make my decision at the rose ceremony.

I am a very active person and enjoy playing sports and being outdoors, so that's why I picked these dates. I also wanted to see who could make the most of competition while being a great sport and who could really stand out in a crowd and be a lone ranger. I mean, what girl doesn't like to see hot guys engage in some friendly competition?

Dodgeball is one of my favorite pastimes and it's a great way to let off some steam. But the men had more steam than I originally expected! Once I saw the balls flying, I got nervous for the guys. But I could see that they were having a blast, so I tried not to worry. At practice some guys still tried to talk with me and others seemed to forget they were on a date and were focused solely on the game. I appreciate someone with focus and the desire to win, but it was also nice to see that some guys could do both.

Player Down

The competition in the caged court was unreal! The audience made the experience worthwhile and gave the men the needed encouragement to give it their all. Or maybe they all felt they had something to prove while wearing those skimpy gym shorts. It was interesting to watch at practice and during the game because it gave me insight as to who was more passive and who enjoyed standing out. It was also important to see how they treated each other and to see friendships forming, since that is another window into who they are.

As I was watching the competition unfold I could see the faces of fury and the goal to win in each of their eyes, but I did not expect anyone to get hurt. Brooks and I had an incredible date the week before so I already felt connected to him, which made it even harder to watch him in pain. I was disappointed that he had gotten hurt and had to go to the hospital. But I had a lot of great men on this date that I needed to focus on.

Chris Gets a Rose

That night I had really great conversations with everyone, but the highlight was my time with Chris. I didn't expect our conversation to come so easily. I felt like I'd known him for years. He was so witty and confident, and I knew I wanted to spend more time with him. Giving Chris the rose meant a lot to me and the slow dance in the park was the romance I had hoped for.

Bandalooping on the side of a building takes dancing to a whole other level! I was so incredibly nervous and scared at the top of the building. Kasey made me feel comfortable and was the encouragement I needed to make it over the edge. I was happy to have him there. But after dinner took a turn for the worse when the wind picked up, I wasn't sure if it was just the elements or if there was something lacking in my connection with Kasey. I was disappointed in the date and confused about what might be missing between us. Was it because of that morning's drama?

Girlfriend Back Home

I had no idea that Brian had a girlfriend back home or that he had unresolved problems with her. I was disgusted when I heard the news, and even more outraged when I learned that Stephanie is a single mother. It made me mad that someone could be so deceitful and disrespect women in that way.

He also wasted my time and took the spot of another guy that did have the right intentions. Regardless of whether Brian and Stephanie were still together or not, there was no chance he was there for the right reasons – or that he was staying. I just wanted him out of the house and to put it all behind me.

Damsel in Distress

Moving on. I grew up with old western movies, so I couldn't wait to see the men dressed up as cowboys. It was so fun learning how to do the stunts and seeing the guys in character. I felt like a damsel in distress that was lucky enough to be rescued by good-looking, masculine cowboys. Even the Latin cowboy, Juan Pablo, surprised me with his skills. Could he have been any sexier!? This was definitely shaping up to be one of my favorite dates of this entire journey.

James continued to intrigue me with his passion for life and his warmth. I enjoyed seeing his different sides. I appreciated the fact that he took this seriously and wanted to make sure I could see potential before wanting to pursue anything. I saw a softness to him that was sweet and I wanted to reassure him with the group date rose that I desired more time with him.

At the end of this week I felt confident and hopeful that my future husband was within this group.

Next week we're heading to Atlantic City! Watch as the men try to fight for the title of "The Bachelorette's Mr. America" with their hot bodies and unique talents. It is quite the show! We'll also explore the devastation from Sandy and visit the boardwalk. And the drama has just gotten started with the men in the house, so I'm eager to see what happens next.

Thank you for watching and reading my Bachelorette blog!

XOXO
    Desiree
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Stephanie looked rough, and Brian wasn't able to say a word, or get a word in. Mouthy wench, her poor son , he looks up to Brian, and yet she is seeing other guys, alrighty then.

He asked to say goodbye to the guys and big ole Paulie said no! good lord, that was the excitement. I didn't think Des was into him, so no harm done I guess

And the drama has just gotten started with the men in the house, so I'm eager to see what happens next.
    Oh yes, me too ( not)
    Midol likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Stephanie looked rough, and Brian wasn't able to say a word, or get a word in. Mouthy wench, her poor son , he looks up to Brian, and yet she is seeing other guys, alrighty then.

He asked to say goodbye to the guys and big ole Paulie said no! good lord, that was the excitement. I didn't think Des was into him, so no harm done I guess

Oh yes, me too ( not)
    Seriously right. I just feel sorry for the kid. Dear old Steph sure knew how to get extra air time and just wouldn't shut up. We ddn't really care about Brian. I'm sure Des really didn't care about Brian and I highly doubt that Steph cared about Brian as much as she did getting on TV. And as for him humiliating her, well, she did that all by herself. If she hadn't done anything, I wouldn't have even known she existed. I never understand why people are willing to make fools of themselves just so they can get on TV for a few minutes. The whole thing looked even more scripted than these things usually do.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

+ Reply to Thread