Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Really?! Who is it that regards us as archaic and since when?

Perhaps whomever is taking the pulse that they convey should regroup! It seems that they are using the wrong medicine and killing the pateint (the show/franchise) If I am too archaic and a throw away .... maybe I'll find a new reality doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    They may, just saying twitter and FB are the most popular. They only have to log into their FB page and read the tweets that come to them, much faster and more efficient. I am not making a personal attack on anyone or this board.
    It is a well known fact that Twitter, FB and Tumbler are the trending/relevant social media sources of communication and information now. Don't kill the messenger, I am only reporting the facts.
    Just so you know, I was not "killing the messenger" and I knew you weren't attacking me or anyone else on the board, I am SO sorry if my post response gave you that impression.

What you said originally ... that message boards are "archaic" and that posters are considered "haters" really shocked me. I guess I must just be behind the times. I don't mind if it's a little "old fashioned ... so is reading a book made of paper ... but I don't think anyone here is an archaic hater... and that includes the both of us.

I hear and read more about "hate" being spewed via FB and the social birdbrain nest. For me the cons outweigh the pros.

You also said what is trending "is a well known fact" so I suppose I am not a trend follower.

Originally I was thinking maybe CH was taking a cue from opinions expressed here and on other boards ... but essentially you are saying not from here but from elsewhere and I guess that is also possible. Maybe some read opinions here and share them with the Social Networks.?

Just be careful out there
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette' episode 5 | PopWatch | EW.com

by Chris Harrison

ADVERT FOR A CHRIS/MIKE PRODUCT
    [I want to start off this week sharing some great news that many of you have hopefully already heard about. Mike Fleiss, the creator of this franchise, and myself, have helped create a dating site called At First Sight. The app is currently available on iPhone and Android devices and will be available online very soon. For over a decade, people have come up to me and asked how they could be on the show or if I could help them find love. Well, this site, which has been many years in the making, takes what we’ve learned from years of doing this show and put it into an amazingly useful, entertaining and safe site. Download At First Sight and check out the video profiles, then take a minute and make your own. I’d love to know what you think.]

Now, let’s jump into this week’s episode with Des and the boys in Munich, Germany. I need to start off by apologizing to a fellow host and the German people. For several days everywhere I went people were raising a glass and saying “Probst.” I like Jeff Probst, he’s a great guy and I respect his skills and his many Emmys, but hearing everybody toast that guy when I walked in the room was more than I could take. I learned later the German word for “cheers” is “prost” and in no way relates to Jeff Probst. I only wish I had learned this before verbally assaulting many good German people. With that little misunderstanding settled, it was time to move the guys into their hotel. As you can tell it was a little chilly this week in Munich, but the city is absolutely beautiful. I’d love to tell you what hotel we stayed in because it was incredible, but as you heard I couldn’t even pronounce it, much less spell it. If you couldn’t tell my German is, as they say, “no bueno.”

Chris got the first one-on-one date this week. This is a guy who has really emerged from the pack the last few weeks. He was a slow starter but has really made up ground and seems to be making an impact on Des. The date was going great until Bryden decided that not only did he need to leave, but he really needed to leave right then and there. So he set off to find Des to break the news to her immediately. I don’t necessarily think he needed to bust into her date to do this, but I do respect the fact that Bryden pulled himself out of this situation as soon as he was absolutely sure Des wasn’t right for him. At this point, taking up space in the house and on dates just isn’t fair to Des or the other guys. While Des wasn’t exactly blown away by this news she was upset by the realization that this can happen. Chris was put in a tough spot, having to help Des recover and also save his date. He did a great job pulling the situation together, assuring Des he was there for the long haul. Later that night when Des was explaining that she really needs words of affirmation in a relationship, Chris whips out a poem he wrote. This was perfect timing and Des really took it to heart. It was the icing on the cake for what had been a really good date.

The group date took Des and the guys to the highest peak in all of Germany. The last couple weeks I think you’ve really been able to see a difference in Des and her relationships with the guys. They all had a blast playing on the mountain and then headed inside an ice castle that you could only find on this show. Des and Brooks are an interesting pair right now. You can tell she’s really into him and he seems to be into her but there doesn’t seem to be a lot of dialogue between them at this point. It’ll be interesting as thing progress to see if there is more than just pure chemistry between them. I hate to harp on this, but how far has Zak come since the first night? He might be one of the best comeback stories we’ve ever had. That was an incredible story he shared about climbing the mountains in Germany ten years ago to find clarity about the priesthood. Apparently, God talked to Zak and said his services weren’t needed in the church and to go forth and do some crunches.

Now, the situation with James is a very interesting one. He obviously said some things in front of Kasey and Drew that didn’t sit well with them. But was this just guy talk? Were these things said around his boys that he didn’t really think much of or was these statements a true picture of his character? This is a very explosive situation and the fuse is lit. James is a very proud passionate guy and he’s not going down without a fight, literally. Next week should be pretty intense.

The two-on-one date is always an awkward one, but awkward really doesn’t describe what went down between Michael and Ben. I would love to get your thoughts on Ben. Michael did an incredible job of using his courtroom skills to bury Ben, but did he go to far? Was this one of those situations where he won the battle but may have lost the war? Des got the message and kicked Ben off, but she was clearly upset and put off by Michael’s tactics. How about Ben’s thoughts in the car home? Wow! Did he show his true colors or what? The things he said about being the next Bachelor and what a great story a single dad from Texas would be was nauseating. I’m guessing Des was pretty happy about her decision after seeing that.

We shot the deliberation and rose ceremony at Schloss Schleissheim, which in German means “holy crap that’s an incredibly awesome castle.” This castle was about thirty minutes outside of Munich and it was well worth the trip. After speaking with Des, I could tell she was very clear in what she wanted to do this week and she really didn’t need or want the cocktail party. I think part of the reason is she knew she was saying goodbye to a nice guy like Mikey. Spending more time with him only would have made things more difficult. Mikey is a sweet guy and Des really liked him, but there just wasn’t chemistry there.

Next week it’s off to Barcelona. This is obviously one of the most romantic places in the world but next week it will also be one of the most dramatic as the situation with James goes through the roof. The guys this season have really fallen for Des and they are incredibly protective of her, but are they too protective? At some point Des might get to the point where she resents being “taken care of” so much.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Errr, what is that first paragraph? I wouldn't take dating advice from anyone connected with this show!
    Midol likes this.

Chris has been tweeting about this "Launch" all week. Guess he can't help promoting whatever nonsense this seems to be.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Chris knows this ship is sinking, between the launch of At First sight and his own clothing line- maybe he sees the writing on the wall
    Midol likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think the comments regarding the difficulty with the German pronunciation was funny. I can relate.

I have been there ( in Munich) and couldn't pronounce the words that would get me from Luxembourg to Munich.
    Long story ... and maybe we need a travel discussion in General Discussion forum.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I too kept wondering why the Germans kept toasting Jeff Probst. I thought perhaps they couldn't tell them apart.
    Ellen and Shoepie like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I think the comments regarding the difficulty with the German pronunciation was funny.
    I majored in German (and French) and found the pronunciations painful. But that's okay ... they were funny, too. And the scenery was beautiful.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

CH was well aware of the plans for Bryden. His blogs have no credibility because of this. Great host but pretending he is oblivious to production detail is silly. Just don't talk about that stuff; find other things to say, there is plenty.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 06-28-2013 at 11:10 AM.
    Midol likes this.

CH was well aware of the plans for Bryden. His blogs have no credibility because of this. Great host but pretending he is oblivious to production detail is silly. Just don't talk about that stuff; find other things to say, there is plenty.
    At one time the viewing audience didn't really know very much. We have changed- CH has not.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-