Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Michael G. - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Michael G. - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Editing is meant to throw us and/or it is meant to put someone in a specific light. A good example would be Michele Money, who was made to look like a vixen, but was actually very sweet. What Michael said regarding religion and parenting were not edits - those were the words out of his month - he was trying to humiliate and discredit Ben on national TV about topics that were none of his business! Both on the tug and at the dinner table! Because he can? Because he has the background that has taught him how to tear people to shreds? And how did that make Des feel to be a witness to that? She clearly looked upset to me. Who treats a lady like that?
    Amen to that!!!

And you can be sure if Michael would tear Ben to shreds in such an unwarranted manner, imo, that if she ends up with him, he'll end up doing the same to her at some point. At the very least acting condescending toward her.
    Baby's Breath and Fanny Mare like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Michael is officially the pettiest b*tch in the history of both The Bachelor and The Bachelorette.

Wow...you disappointed me Des...you would consider a life with this man after that display he put on, on the two on one date?? Here's hoping you come to your senses sooner rather than later.
    I doubt that Des considers Michael as the man she wants to spend her life with... he was just the lesser of two evils if you will lol
    NEPASue and Alexxxx like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Michael is officially the pettiest b*tch in the history of both The Bachelor and The Bachelorette.

Wow...you disappointed me Des...you would consider a life with this man after that display he put on, on the two on one date?? Here's hoping you come to your senses sooner rather than later.
    Yup, he sure is. ( shudder)
    nanaslbkp likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

While cleaning up my mumbo jumbo about Brooks, I came across something else.

Please tell me I misheard this.

In the hotel, while Des is with Chris, the guys get on the topic of being on either the remaining group date or the 2 on 1. Knock, knock, it's the door. Date card arrives. Names are read off. Reality sets in (pardon the pun). Michael says that he finds Ben repulsive and that there is more than enough evidence to convict him as being a fraud and he gladly accepts the challenge in this gladiator type setting. I think he then says, "I need to go and murder Ben." That can't be! I must be just so disenchanted with this guy that I am imagining things.

Yes BB he did say that ( sigh) . He really should chill, given this is a fluffy show called The Bachelorette .Maybe he has a thing for the guy, and was rejected
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    While cleaning up my mumbo jumbo about Brooks, I came across something else.

Please tell me I misheard this.

In the hotel, while Des is with Chris, the guys get on the topic of being on either the remaining group date or the 2 on 1. Knock, knock, it's the door. Date card arrives. Names are read off. Reality sets in (pardon the pun). Michael says that he finds Ben repulsive and that there is more than enough evidence to convict him as being a fraud and he gladly accepts the challenge in this gladiator type setting. I think he then says, "I need to go and murder Ben." That can't be! I must be just so disenchanted with this guy that I am imagining things.
    I didn't hear that. I did hear Ben bragging about the great connection he (Ben) has with Des and how unfortunate this was for Michael G. to be on this 2 on 1 with him . What an arrogant fraud.

Sorry, BB ... but I really feel that Ben displayed no integrity throughout , and we'll find that Michael is not such a bad guy.
    It is obvious that Des and whomever she chooses will not be double dating ... but she might with Michael.
    Florimel likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I didn't hear that. I did hear Ben bragging about the great connection he (Ben) has with Des and how unfortunate this was for Michael G. to be on this 2 on 1 with him . What an arrogant fraud.

Sorry, BB ... but I really feel that Ben displayed no integrity throughout , and we'll find that Michael is not such a bad guy.
    It is obvious that Des and whomever she chooses will not be double dating ... but she might with Michael.
    They both displayed uncomfortable behavior and both should have gone home . I would have sent both of them packing. and tossed in a third at random for good luck
    nanaslbkp likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    They both displayed uncomfortable behavior and both should have gone home . I would have sent both of them packing. and tossed in a third at random for good luck
    We don't see everything. I think Ben may have said some things before he walked out to cool off. Also ... remember Ben is looking for publicity for his bar, so any bad behavior wouldn't bode well for future customers.

Yes, she was "uncomfortable" but I believe she (like me) knew what he was trying to accomplish and that the rest of the house including her favorites were likely part of this.

ETA: Maybe this is why the comment that there could end up being zero guys!
    Florimel likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    We don't see everything. I think Ben may have said some things before he walked out to cool off. Also ... remember Ben is looking for publicity for his bar, so any bad behavior wouldn't bode well for future customers.

Yes, she was "uncomfortable" but I believe she (like me) knew what he was trying to accomplish and that the rest of the house including her favorites were likely part of this.

ETA: Maybe this is why the comment that there could end up being zero guys!
    Well Ben was the chosen villain, he didn't do a very good job imho( just like Tierra last season) . Having read his interview and a couple of others, he wasn't there for his business, he just didn't bond with as many guys as say Bryden, who was not there for Des in the end., because he wasn't feeling it.
    I think Ben cooled off when MG started talking about parenting, how many children does MG have again, oh right none.
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

The real villain here is Michael. Sorry but the fact that Ben apparently went on the show for publicity for his bar doesn't make him a villain IMO, rather it makes him publicity hungry. But given the history and the nature of this show over the years, contestants became aware that they could milk fifteen minutes of fame in the aftermath. If anything it's become the expected norm for many of the contestants. They look at it as a way of furthering the fame, so even if they don't end up with the Bachelor or Bachelorette, they might still get something out of it, fame-wise. So I failed to see Ben as a villain based on that alone.

On the other hand Michael going out of his way to single Ben out based solely on the fact that he's a miserably jealous, arrogant, self-centered bully (as much as I hate the overuse of that word in today's society), makes him the thing he was trying to make Ben out to be.

As far as I can remember, Ben never once went out of his way to bad mouth any of the guys or get up in their faces. In fact every time one of the other guys pounced on him with accusations--and there were numerous times it happened, Ben somehow remained calm, soft-spoken and cooperative with all the dumb accusations being hurled at him. He always answered their questions, no matter how rude they were.

From day one Ben was singled out , mainly because the rest of the guys were jealous that he brought his kid along with him to make an impression on Des. They simply couldn't handle the stroke of "genius" of it. And one of the main guys who got the ball rolling and kept it rolling was Mr. "Full of Himself, yet extremely insecure", Michael G.

Ben is far from perfect , and in fact there may have been many aspects of his character, good or bad, that were edited out, who knows. But for all Michael's attempts to paint him as some sort of despicable human being, fell flat as far as my impressions of him are concerned.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 06-28-2013 at 03:04 PM.
    nanaslbkp and Fanny Mare like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Closed Thread