Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Michael G. - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: Michael G. - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

IDK, but if somebody wronged somebody I care about, requiring a federal prosecutor, Michael is exactly the type of prosecutor I would want on the case. I get the feeling he's very good at his job.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I don't think anyone really cares what Ben has to say, especially Hollywood lol.

Michael came on a bit strong, but Ben was exposed as the ass he was being at the end of the day.
    I found it interesting As I found Brydens interesting .Hollywood wasn't mentioned btw
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I found it interesting As I found Brydens interesting .Hollywood wasn't mentioned btw
    It was by Ben in his exit limo... that's why I referred to it. Hollywood doesn't care Ben! Looks like he wasted his time by coming on the show. Hopefully his bar business won't get any extra business like he was hoping either.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    It was by Ben in his exit limo... that's why I referred to it. Hollywood doesn't care Ben! Looks like he wasted his time by coming on the show. Hopefully his bar business won't any extra business like he was hoping either.
    Yes I saw Ben leave. I also read his interview. I don't care about him enough to worry about his bar- his child should be okay. I still hope MG is told to hit the road- maybe in that same limo
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    You should read what Ben has to say
    Where did you read this? If it's not on FORT, I usually can't find these things.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Where did you read this? If it's not on FORT, I usually can't find these things.
    I just used google and it came up. Plus another one from someone still in the house, that wasn't hating on Ben at all. He did talk about his son, just not to Micheal G.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Editing is meant to throw us and/or it is meant to put someone in a specific light. A good example would be Michele Money, who was made to look like a vixen, but was actually very sweet. What Michael said regarding religion and parenting were not edits - those were the words out of his month - he was trying to humiliate and discredit Ben on national TV about topics that were none of his business! Both on the tug and at the dinner table! Because he can? Because he has the background that has taught him how to tear people to shreds? And how did that make Des feel to be a witness to that? She clearly looked upset to me. Who treats a lady like that?
    I completely respect your opinion and any others that share it. Des did say to Michael something about not being so hard on Ben and that she felt uncomfortable. Michael apologized several times and yet because of what he and the other guys had heard by Ben in the house I just feel that he truly did not believe Ben was there for the right reasons. If it had been Michael alone saying and feeling this way then I might feel completely different. Again, going back to Sean's season and Tierra how many girls did he let go for telling the absolute truth? Not until Sean witnessed it with his own eyes did he let her go.

Des already knew that even though she was not in the house there was dissension going on between Ben and all the other guys. Perhaps she remembered what went on during the previous season and how Sean would not believe any of the girls who dared to speak up. She said she had some wonderful conversations with Michael and since she gave him the rose I just believe she trusted Michael and what he was saying over Ben's own words to her.

Again, I couldn't help, but wonder as Ben was telling Des that he had pictures of his son all over the rooms and that it was hard to talk to him on the phone because his son wondered where he was and what he was doing which made him feel bad so that is why he didn't talk to him as often as he wanted to. Was he just telling Des what he knew she would want to hear? He made some comment in the car about how he couldn't believe Michael made it further than him. Was that because it was just a contest to him? He also said Hello Hollywood and talked about let's have some fun and get drunk. Another comment he said was how he wondered how long he should wait before he could be seen with someone because he didn't want to wait. I really believe Des dodged a bullet with Ben.

Maybe Michael was too direct for some and as I said I understand and respect other's opinions, but just like Eastcoastmom mentioned how she had gone to another church while on vacation since her own Catholic church was not available, I am also Catholic and have done the same thing many times over the years. I just can't understand how a man who professes to be a man of good faith would not go to Church on Easter. Even if he didn't want to go with the other guys he could have gone by himself. I didn't see what Michael did to Ben as trying to humiliate and discredit Ben on national TV, but just telling the truth of something that not only he, but the rest of the guys witnessed in the house. Michael may have the background to be able to express himself in a manner most other people might not be able to do, but it wasn't like he was telling a bunch of lies. I think he cares for Des and didn't want to see her hurt by someone who was obviously IMO not there for just Des by any means. I also find it somewhat ironic that so many people are so protective of Ben now because of what Michael did to him, and yet I remember so many posts about Ben on the first night and how wrong he was to bring his son.

I am not saying you as I don't remember who said what about it at the time. All I remember is quite a bit of discussion along the lines of Ben being wrong for bringing his son that first night. As far as it not being any of Michael's business I feel that if I care for someone and I know that I have heard things said by Ben that made all the guys feel the same then I would want the person I cared for to know what was going on rather than her keeping him longer and possibly being hurt by him if she had feelings for that guy. In my opinion I don't think Des did have strong feelings for Ben, but Michael did not know that and just saw her continue to give Ben a rose during each rose ceremony. I have no idea how much further Michael will last this season, and these are just my opinions and thoughts on the subject, and yes he even admitted he may have come across a bit too forward or aggressive, but IMO he spoke the truth, and I think Des realized that and is why she let Ben go.
    Cornholio and sparklete like this.

And with that...I do believe this DEAD HORSE is beginning to smell. Let's give it some peace.

Thanks.
    BTW and nanaslbkp like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Great points Jacegirl!

My mother-in-law was very religious and whenever she came to visit us she always went to a church that was local to us on Sundays, and especially on very religious holidays like Easter. I think Ben came on for one, well two reasons, only. To try to ramp up his business, and to try to make a jump to Hollywood. Oh and probably a third - a shot at the next Bachelor spot. Ben knew he'd been shown for the liar that he was, which is why he played hurt and said nothing but ran outside pretending to be all butt hurt. He certainly didn't appear to be hurting in the limo though. He just wanted to go get drunk and find another girl to go after lol. There is just nothing about him that felt genuine the whole time. I am glad that he got exposed, in front of Des. I am also glad that Des was smart enough to realize that where there is smoke, there is fire. If only other leads had been that intelligent (Sean the Yawn for one lol)!

ETA... Ooops sorry Ariel, we were posting at the same time apparently - I'll leave it alone now
    Florimel and Jaceegirl like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Michael is officially the pettiest b*tch in the history of both The Bachelor and The Bachelorette.

Wow...you disappointed me Des...you would consider a life with this man after that display he put on, on the two on one date?? Here's hoping you come to your senses sooner rather than later.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"