Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Michael G. - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

Re: Michael G. - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

WoW! That is a lot to extrapolate from things that happen on this shallow edited "reality" show. I know there is a LOT that we did not see ... and that Michael absolutely meant well and his feelings were right in line with ALL the guys who cheered in the house when Ben's luggage left.
    IMO the key is this is a highly edited show and always has been. I am watching this season and find it to be very much like previous seasons where you have the mean guy or girl, the ones who totally are not there for the right reasons and mainly come on the show for what exposure they may get when they return to wherever they have come from and expect that it may mean some success for them in the future. Some seasons the players may seem to play their part better than others, but I think the biggest problem is TPTB of this show need to start changing things up if they want this show to continue on. Again, IMO I think we see the same script from season to season and may be part of the reason it has gotten to be boring. Everything is predictable.

Echo I believe as you do that Michael is one of the few that meant well and I think the edit came out really bad. It did look like Michael was getting the worst end of the edit until Ben got into the car. I am not sure why TPTB decided to play it that way, and frankly I am not sure why they make the decisions that they do. I guess I just look at this show as I always have and that it is just a reality show and sometimes true love can come from it, but as we know not very often. We do know that Michael was not the only one who felt Ben was not who he pretended to be. He is the one who decided to use the 2 on 1 date to let Des know what was going on.

I remember from what I saw and mostly heard from last season that some of the girls tried to let Sean know about Tierra and ended up being eliminated for trying to let him know she was NOT there for the right reasons. She was another one who acted one way in front of the lead and another with the girls. Courtney from Ben's season was another one. Kalon from Emily's season and the list goes on. Each and every season is much the same. Michael may have come off strong, which he himself admitted might end up hurting his own chances. At least Des did listen or may have already formed her own opinion by her own observations.

There is so much we are not shown, but Des ended up keeping Michael, and I can only guess that she sees something in him that made her want to do so. Something that we have not been shown, but she has seen for herself. I can't pretend to really know any of these guys because they are being shown to me on a TV show that TPTB decide how they want them to be shown. To some Michael came off as the jerk, but IMO it is all about editing and I can't form an honest opinion of what he is really like in real life. It's just a reality TV show to me. Nothing more and nothing less. As always jmho.
    Florimel, moflan, bamafan and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Ben may have been acting pompous, and Des may have heard enough about him to have wanted him gone, but there were plenty of times in earlier episodes when Michael G wasn't acting like a prince either! He was aggressive, Fanny. I totally agree. To drill someone down on public TV about religion and parenting, when you've only known them for a few weeks in the forum of a reality TV show, is darn craziness! This guy is as arrogant as they come. When Des asked Ben to leave, he had the most evil smirk on his face. It totally put him on a high, and that just says it all in my book. He could care less about Des! All he wanted to do was take Ben down a few notches, and when he did, he basked in it! Ben may lose customers at his bar for a few weeks, but I have to say, if prosecutors are elected officials like I think they are, well good luck to this guy because if he were in my jurisdiction, there'd be no way on earth he'd get my vote!
    The only time I did LOL, was when they were going to see Des. Sitting as far apart in that limo as was possible, and that was so staged. Men fall out, but they don't act like that, they just don't. If Des didn't see or hear Michael say he enjoys confrontation, then she needs to hear it!. It's a HUGE red flag- for me.. Michael is smug, and dull. I think Ben had more going for him, and was edited much like Bentley ( who apparently the men liked not hated) You don't attack someones religion, or his parenting .He went too far - if he knows what's good for him, he will stay away from the drama surrounding James next week

Was Ben smarmy? yes, was he hateful? no, not really. ( he played his part well) They need all this drama, because Des is going through the( slow) motions and has been since the show started .
    Miss Scarlet likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Going into this date, all the guys in the house (except maybe James ) disliked Ben and wanted to be rid of him. Ben was also not the favorite with viewers because of his overt arrogance.

So with no editing ... many would guess that the "good guy" ... Michael, would survive and the "bad guy" ... Ben would be eliminated.

This is a clear reason why poor Michael was edited as such a louse. It was to keep the suspense and drama for us. We couldn't have guessed which one would be eliminated ... if not both ... right? So the editors succeeded. We also now have a reason for Michael to go pretty soon.

I think we will learn that Michael is NOT a jerk.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Going into this date, all the guys in the house (except maybe James ) disliked Ben and wanted to be rid of him. Ben was also not the favorite with viewers because of his overt arrogance.

So with no editing ... many would guess that the "good guy" ... Michael, would survive and the "bad guy" ... Ben would be eliminated.

This is a clear reason why poor Michael was edited as such a louse. It was to keep the suspense and drama for us. We couldn't have guessed which one would be eliminated ... if not both ... right? So the editors succeeded. We also now have a reason for Michael to go pretty soon.

I think we will learn that Michael is NOT a jerk.
    Yup, he might not be, I care so little for him, I don't care if he is or not. I think Des wanted to eliminate them both, she gave Michael the stink-eye, not Ben. Ben just wanted out- he wasn't into Des.
    -Andy Rooney-

but I have to say, if prosecutors are elected officials like I think they are, well good luck to this guy because if he were in my jurisdiction, there'd be no way on earth he'd get my vote!
    I'm not positive, but I believe that Michael is a federal prosecutor, most likely an assistant US attorney, which means he was hired by the US attorney for his federal district, not elected. Federal prosecutors are not elected. It also means that he is very bright, probably graduated high in his law school class, and has a very heightened sense of justice. Probably also means that he enjoys spirited discussions on a wide range of topics and is a very good debater. Doesn't make him a bad guy(in fact, he's probably put a lot of really bad guys and gals behind bars), but he's probably not the right guy for Des.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    IMO the key is this is a highly edited show and always has been. I am watching this season and find it to be very much like previous seasons where you have the mean guy or girl, the ones who totally are not there for the right reasons and mainly come on the show for what exposure they may get when they return to wherever they have come from and expect that it may mean some success for them in the future. Some seasons the players may seem to play their part better than others, but I think the biggest problem is TPTB of this show need to start changing things up if they want this show to continue on. Again, IMO I think we see the same script from season to season and may be part of the reason it has gotten to be boring. Everything is predictable.

Echo I believe as you do that Michael is one of the few that meant well and I think the edit came out really bad. It did look like Michael was getting the worst end of the edit until Ben got into the car. I am not sure why TPTB decided to play it that way, and frankly I am not sure why they make the decisions that they do. I guess I just look at this show as I always have and that it is just a reality show and sometimes true love can come from it, but as we know not very often. We do know that Michael was not the only one who felt Ben was not who he pretended to be. He is the one who decided to use the 2 on 1 date to let Des know what was going on.

I remember from what I saw and mostly heard from last season that some of the girls tried to let Sean know about Tierra and ended up being eliminated for trying to let him know she was NOT there for the right reasons. She was another one who acted one way in front of the lead and another with the girls. Courtney from Ben's season was another one. Kalon from Emily's season and the list goes on. Each and every season is much the same. Michael may have come off strong, which he himself admitted might end up hurting his own chances. At least Des did listen or may have already formed her own opinion by her own observations.

There is so much we are not shown, but Des ended up keeping Michael, and I can only guess that she sees something in him that made her want to do so. Something that we have not been shown, but she has seen for herself. I can't pretend to really know any of these guys because they are being shown to me on a TV show that TPTB decide how they want them to be shown. To some Michael came off as the jerk, but IMO it is all about editing and I can't form an honest opinion of what he is really like in real life. It's just a reality TV show to me. Nothing more and nothing less. As always jmho.
    YES to all of this. Good post.

And from bamafan
    -I'm not positive, but I believe that Michael is a federal prosecutor, most likely an assistant US attorney, which means he was hired by the US attorney for his federal district, not elected. Federal prosecutors are not elected. It also means that he is very bright, probably graduated high in his law school class, and has a very heightened sense of justice. Probably also means that he enjoys spirited discussions on a wide range of topics and is a very good debater. Doesn't make him a bad guy(in fact, he's probably put a lot of really bad guys and gals behind bars), but he's probably not the right guy for Des.
    Another good post. Was Michael a bit aggressive? Absolutely. But rather than sit around in the house with all the other guys and whine that Ben was there for all the wrong reasons, he took the opportunity to show Des on the 2 on 1 date just how disingenuous Ben is. He used his prosecutorial skills to nail Ben, so to speak, but Ben would not oblige. As for attacking Ben about religion and his parenting... well, I found it odd that Ben, as a Christian would be so off-put not to attend religious services on Easter Sunday no less, the holiest day of the Christian calendar. I am Roman Catholic and both Catholics and Protestants alike believe in the resurrection of Jesus, so what was the big deal? I found myself going to a Lutheran Church once on Easter Sunday b/c we were on vacation and could not find a Catholic Church. All of the other men attended services and many were of different faiths. I think Michael just was trying to show how phony Ben was. As for the parenting...well, again, Ben said himself that he has a bar to promote and would talk up the bar in front of the guys and never speak of his son. Plus, Michael admitted his own dad took off so perhaps he felt that Ben leaving his son for any extended period of time was not good parenting. I'm not sure I agree, although this was discussed to death during Emily Maynard's season. I think for Michael it touched a nerve, and that, combined with Ben's bar promotion, led all of the men to think Ben was not there for the right reasons.

I will say that I was cracking up as Michael was nonchalantly shoveling food into his mouth during dinner. We rarely see the contestants eating, no less with gusto.
    Florimel, Arielflies and Jaceegirl like this.

You should read what Ben has to say
    -Andy Rooney-

Editing is meant to throw us and/or it is meant to put someone in a specific light. A good example would be Michele Money, who was made to look like a vixen, but was actually very sweet. What Michael said regarding religion and parenting were not edits - those were the words out of his month - he was trying to humiliate and discredit Ben on national TV about topics that were none of his business! Both on the tug and at the dinner table! Because he can? Because he has the background that has taught him how to tear people to shreds? And how did that make Des feel to be a witness to that? She clearly looked upset to me. Who treats a lady like that?

Editing is meant to throw us and/or it is meant to put someone in a specific light. A good example would be Michele Money, who was made to look like a vixen, but was actually very sweet. What Michael said regarding religion and parenting were not edits - those were the words out of his month - he was trying to humiliate and discredit Ben on national TV about topics that were none of his business! Both on the tug and at the dinner table! Because he can? Because he has the background that has taught him how to tear people to shreds? And how did that make Des feel to be a witness to that? She clearly looked upset to me. Who treats a lady like that?
    Clearly not Michael G! karma is a you know what, I am hoping its bites this dude in the bum.
    Miss Scarlet likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    You should read what Ben has to say
    I don't think anyone really cares what Ben has to say, especially Hollywood lol.

Michael came on a bit strong, but Ben was exposed as the ass he was being at the end of the day.
    Florimel, sparklete and Jaceegirl like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.