Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Michael G. - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

Re: Michael G. - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    Gosh, echo, you're on a roll in my book today!
    First, I read your reply using the word "duplicitous."
    Now this.
    That you know what those dots are called, can spell the plural form of that word (ellipsis) correctly (ellipses), AND, most importantly, know it is three dots and three dots ONLY just about earns you a career in editing.
    I don't thinks so ... but I have always liked words better than numbers. And to be honest ... I didn't realize I had spelled ellipses correctly !
    I do think I use them to put in a pause for thought perhaps? Sometimes that doesn't translate easily in the written word as it does in conversation.

I don't want to get too far off topic here. But I got "caught" calling a TV image "in person" Sometimes I do use more than three dots for longer pauses ... such as when I might be admiring Michael here.

Go Cubs!
    cubsfan55 likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Sometimes I do use more than three dots for longer pauses ... such as when I might be admiring Michael here.

Go Cubs!
    I didn't watch the show last night (there was verrrry exciting hockey on here in Chicagoland) so I didn't get to see him in "real life" :grin, but the picture of Michael G. is the one and only that stood out for me. And his shoe size just made him that much more interesting! ~That was for the earlier comments made about how ridiculous it is to post that information. The whole thing just made me laugh.~

Go Cubs Go!!!
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I think he is better looking in the photo than in person ... but still not bad.
    In the photo he looks like he could be James Marsden's younger brother. On the show, not so much.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I didn't watch the show last night (there was verrrry exciting hockey on here in Chicagoland) so I didn't get to see him in "real life" :grin, but the picture of Michael G. is the one and only that stood out for me. And his shoe size just made him that much more interesting! ~That was for the earlier comments made about how ridiculous it is to post that information. The whole thing just made me laugh.~

Go Cubs Go!!!
    I can't watch that stuff. I get nervous and nauseous and worry I'll have a stroke!

You know it's a big deal when Mick Jagger is opening for them tomorrow.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Alright, all ready, time to bring this thread back on topic.

I'll start by swooning over Michael's smile.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Gosh, echo, you're on a roll in my book today!
    First, I read your reply using the word "duplicitous."
    Now this.
    That you know what those dots are called, can spell the plural form of that word (ellipsis) correctly (ellipses), AND, most importantly, know it is three dots and three dots ONLY just about earns you a career in editing.
    Yeah, what she said.
    cubsfan55 likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I just finished watching the premiere online as I had forgotten all about it last night. I thought he was very cute on the show and obviously has some smarts to be a federal prosecutor. Then I came here to see his bio and his hometown is about a 15 minute drive due east from me, so yeah, I am rooting for my fellow Long Islander even though he now lives in Miami. Hope he doesn't embarrass himself too much.

I found this individual's behavior intolerable.

Fanny Mare likes this.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I found it funny. Straight laced federal prosecutor gets to hammer home points on a case before a jury of one.

He went overboard, realized it, apologized and the Jury found him tolerable and gave him a rose.
    Alexxxx and sparklete like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I wish he went overboard... overboard of that floating hot tub.