Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Larry - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

Re: Larry - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    What does the fact that he's a doctor have to do with anything? If she doesn't like him, she doesn't like him. Not every woman (and I don't happen to know ANY) has "marry a doctor" at the top of her list. There are MUCH more important things.
    Amen. I don't care if he pulls in six figures, he still came across as a creeper. I can make my own money, thank you very much. I'd rather have a husband with a big heart than a fat wallet.
    sweetpea and Coco46 like this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

FORT Fogey

I totally agree that his being creepy and lacking social skills did him in, and not the dip not working. He came across to me as the kind of guy who'd spend hours and hours thinking about what a woman wanted, and trying to give that to her, but would NEVER in a million years think to just ASK what she wanted. He had already decided that she'd be excited by dancing. When that didn't work out as he planned, he decided for her that she was bothered by it. In their one on one time, he sat their akwardly unable to make a conversation, instead of asking about her. He seemed to think that merely existing would create a connection. He was wrong.

I think he was introverted to begin with and very nervous ... and then he beat himself up over the dip fail.
    I don't know what was up with the glasses ... but think that too is a nervous habit.

It just got worse for him the harder he tried.

It's too bad because I think he is one of the better looking ones, really tried hard, is at least book smart and honestly seemed nice to me..

ETA: I just noticed he is also one who is of average height.
    BTW and bachelorwatcher like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Does anyone think this guy looks like Robert Downey, Jr. doing a bad impression of himself?
    AcookerTV likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I personally just did not feel a vibe between the two of them....you know when you are into someone or not....
    angelic_one2002 likes this.

I think he ruined it for himself. She even asked him even if he was sleepy, or tired, no, he had too much to drink- dork
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Another one who could benefit from some grooming. Wash your hair, get it trimmed & shave! If I was in a hospital & the doctor came in looking like that, I'd be afraid he just pulled a triple shift & hadn't slept or showered in days. I wouldn't have a lot of faith in being treated by him.
    waywyrd likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Another one who could benefit from some grooming. Wash your hair, get it trimmed & shave! If I was in a hospital & the doctor came in looking like that, I'd be afraid he just pulled a triple shift & hadn't slept or showered in days. I wouldn't have a lot of faith in being treated by him.
    So, the saying 'As happy as Larry" in this case doesn't apply
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    ... and the funny thing is ... if I was conscious ... I would be inclined to ask him.

He is gone ... but I do think he is very good looking in a Clark Kent kind of way ... but Man of Steel he is not.

Mohandas Gandhi

I was just looking at his profile again ... and besides being only one inch taller than the magician ... he answers this way:

Phobias: Buried alive or drowning I might be wrong but a phobia is somewhat different than just fear. It's more overwhelming and somewhat irrational. Now this is a Doctor (MD) with a "phobia" of being buried alive ? (It sounds like Poe) ... And as forthe "phobia" of drowning, might that be a fear of water?

Calling them phobias sounds extreme ... and both sound a little creepy. Maybe he creeped her out during some discussions we didn't see.

Mohandas Gandhi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12