Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: Brooks - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

Re: Brooks - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Some seem to be going for a love at first sight story here and their first date was nice because they seemed relaxed and at at ease with each other.

We did not see any huge interaction between them at the meet and greet ... so the reason she picked him for the first date which was also a one on one totally escapes me.

We know that ... say Ben had a hook (his son) and Zak had a hook( naked abs, etc) but what was Brooks' hook?

What was Brooks' longevity hook? I don't even know why she kept him the first night, so if he continues to stick around, I will look for Des to tell us what the attraction is/was.
    I don't even remember him arriving. But then I didn't see 'the look' that Sean and Cat had either.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't think Brooks needed a hook. Why should he? Clearly Des see's something in him without needing a stupid trick, which is awesome. Remember she spends a lot more time talking with these guys than we ever see or hear. Something about him grabbed her attention right away. I don't believe in love at first sight either, although some people swear they've experienced it, I haven't. Maybe they are just luckier in love than most of us? I do however, believe in an instant attraction, which is what normally happens and what makes us want to spend more time with them and delve deeper into getting to know that person. I'm just getting a good, cool vibe off of Brooks. Des must be too.
    NEPASue and Jaceegirl like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Yup, she sees something I don't. I guess she gets past the annoying voice, and he gets past hers. I guess we will see. Not many to choose from imho
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yup, she sees something I don't. I guess she gets past the annoying voice, and he gets past hers. I guess we will see. Not many to choose from imho
    That's the hook. Perfect Harmony.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    gun shot wound
    Oh Fanny, you are too much.

I am not rooting for Brooks because I'm in Bryden's corner but I do remember them having good conversation on their one-on-one date. She seems comfortable with him but not as attracted to him as she is to some of the others. My guess is he's eventually going to get a friend card. At least, that's my hope.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Oh Fanny, you are too much.

I am not rooting for Brooks because I'm in Bryden's corner but I do remember them having good conversation on their one-on-one date. She seems comfortable with him but not as attracted to him as she is to some of the others. My guess is he's eventually going to get a friend card. At least, that's my hope.
    I aim to please. I have to take a look at Brydens photo, I forgot what he looks like. Wasn't his date awkward? not sure..
    -Andy Rooney-

Funny - pretty much a good thing for a budding relationship! Works for me!

Ear plugs supplied
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I don't think Brooks needed a hook. Why should he? Clearly Des see's something in him without needing a stupid trick, which is awesome. Remember she spends a lot more time talking with these guys than we ever see or hear. Something about him grabbed her attention right away. I don't believe in love at first sight either, although some people swear they've experienced it, I haven't. Maybe they are just luckier in love than most of us? I do however, believe in an instant attraction, which is what normally happens and what makes us want to spend more time with them and delve deeper into getting to know that person. I'm just getting a good, cool vibe off of Brooks. Des must be too.
    That is exactly what I saw - something between them formed right from the start and I believe in instant attraction between two people as well. I totally agree that there has to be some sort of attraction or as you said why would two people want to bother to get to know each other? All sorts of things attract two people to each other. One day we may find out what it was between Des and Brooks that made it obvious to some of us that there was something between them right from the start.

Just have to add that I love your Avatar and think that is an adorable picture of Brooks with his dog. I saw you posted a bigger picture earlier in the thread and had the dogs name, but I have forgotten it right now. That picture alone would be a huge attraction for me.

Also, wanted to add that some like Brooks, some don't. We all have different tastes in men which is perfectly normal. I know Sean was a very popular Bachelor on here for lots of people, but he was not my taste. Doesn't mean he wasn't right for Catherine and she for him, and I only wish them the best, but I didn't personally find him attractive. He seemed like a rather nice guy, but nothing special in my eyes. Does that make me wrong for feeling that way? I think it's just a matter of people having different tastes. Same goes for Brooks - some will like him and others won't. Guess you and I are on the same page with him.
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 06-14-2013 at 02:19 PM.
    mesachick likes this.

His dog's name is Juno Glad you like the pic. I just changed my avatar again lol, but I think you'll like this one too!
    Jaceegirl likes this.