Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 173
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: Brooks - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

  1. #51
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Brooks - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I get that loud and clear lol.

    Des does like him though - and that's all that really matters.
    Des does seem to "like" him ... but Des seems to like a lot of them. Des even "liked" Brandon enough to stop it before he was hurt too badly and to run after him to explain. And the other one ... Brad that she gave a rose to in order to prove she wanted him to stay.

    I have not seen any single one that seems to fit with Des' personality. She talks about how she leads an active outdoor lifestyle and how much she loves dodge-ball her "favorite game" ... and Brooks is quickly injured in an outdoor activity that happens to be dodge-ball. Hey that makes him the perfect fit for her. And do we know who threw the ball rhat broke Brooks' finger? Did he get a rose? And was Brooks' rose a pity rose ... like Kasey's?

    So ... the only thing we know with any degree of certainty mesachick is that YOU like Brooks ... and Fanny Mare does not!
    Last edited by echo226; 06-13-2013 at 02:20 PM.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  2. #52
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,333

    Re: Brooks - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Des does seem to "like" him ... but Des seems to like a lot of them. Des even "liked" Brandon enough to stop it before he was hurt too badly and too run after him to explain. And the other one ... Brad that she gave a rose too to prove she wanted him to stay.

    I have not seen any single one that seems to fit with Des' personality. She talks about how she leads an active outdoor lifestyle and much she loves dodge-ball her "favorite game" ... and Brooks is quickly injured in an outdoor activity that happens to be dodge-ball. Hey that makes him the perfect fit for her. And do we know who threw the ball rhat broke Brooks' finger? Did he get a rose? And was Brooks' rose a pity rose ... like Kasey's?

    So ... the only thing we know with any degree of certainty mesachick is that YOU like Brooks ... and Fanny Mare does not!
    LOL very good echo
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  3. #53
    FORT Fogey nanarama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,331

    Re: Brooks - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

    I don't think anyone "threw the ball" that broke Brooks finger. I think it got broken in the scrimage for the ball. And as I said before, being a victim of broken bones (ie. clumsy) including a broken finger, I'll cut him some slack for his grimaces. Whether it was a compound fracture or not, I don't know, but his finger was bloody and, no, it wasn't from an IV because he hadn't been given one yet. It was displaced causing them to have to set it and painful enough at that point that he passed out, therefore, the oxygen.

  4. #54
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,060

    Re: Brooks - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

    Nana is correct. It happened in the scrimmage.

    Brooks is very active outdoors btw (just like Des!) - lots of pictures of him out there on the net, hiking mountain ranges, spelunking, skydiving, etc. I think he and Des have a lot in common, you can clearly see the connection between them too. I loved the exchange between them after he made it to the group date.

    Des: "I missed you!"
    Brooks: "just kiss me"

    LOL - too cute.
    NEPASue likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

  5. #55
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Brooks - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    I don't think anyone "threw the ball" that broke Brooks finger. I think it got broken in the scrimage for the ball. And as I said before, being a victim of broken bones (ie. clumsy) including a broken finger, I'll cut him some slack for his grimaces. Whether it was a compound fracture or not, I don't know, but his finger was bloody and, no, it wasn't from an IV because he hadn't been given one yet. It was displaced causing them to have to set it and painful enough at that point that he passed out, therefore, the oxygen.
    Oh. Thanks, I didn't know that, but then he broke it himself. Perhaps he is not that active and outdoorsy?

    IBecause I'm a clutz, I too have had broken bones ... and even had the experience of the ER thinking my shoulder was dislocated. So they tried to put/pull it into place when it was actually a comminuted fracture of my humerus. It hurt a lot. Just the motion of riding in the car hurt. But it was during an ice storm and the ER was busy, so I sat in the ER waiting room and asked them to take the pregnant lady who had fallen, and the elderly man who fell on his face before me.

    Others in the waiting room were probably wondering why the sit com on the TV made me have quiet tears rolling down my face.

    Brooks is a young, and apparently healthy young man ... and frankly, I think his reaction was over the top.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  6. #56
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,333

    Re: Brooks - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Oh. Thanks, I didn't know that, but then he broke it himself. Perhaps he is not that active and outdoorsy?

    IBecause I'm a clutz, I too have had broken bones ... and even had the experience of the ER thinking my shoulder was dislocated. So they tried to put/pull it into place when it was actually a comminuted fracture of my humerus. It hurt a lot. Just the motion of riding in the car hurt. But it was during an ice storm and the ER was busy, so I sat in the ER waiting room and asked them to take the pregnant lady who had fallen, and the elderly man who fell on his face before me.

    Others in the waiting room were probably wondering why the sit com on the TV made me have quiet tears rolling down my face.

    Brooks is a young, and apparently healthy young man ... and frankly, I think his reaction was over the top.
    I am just glad( just like like Tierra ) he managed to pull his hurting self from his hospital bed to attend the party .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  7. #57
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,060

    Re: Brooks - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

    Pffft.... can't compare Tierra to Brooks at all LMAO! Brooks had a clear injury, unlike Tierra. Brooks passed out, unlike Tierra. Brooks didn't sit eating a cheeseburger while getting treated, unlike Tierra. Oh and the guys who were there also realized that Brooks was truly injured. No eye rolling, no snarky comments, unlike the girls' reaction to Tierra.

    Not sure how you think his reaction was over the top either. What exactly did he do that was so over the top? He didn't cry, he didn't go into hysterics, he didn't search out Des, he didn't whine, he didn't beg Des to go to the hospital with him... I am at a loss as to where this over the top behavior was. I sure didn't see anything.
    NFL1, Florimel, Cootie and 1 others like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

  8. #58
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,333

    Re: Brooks - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

    um yeah, there was snarky comment, someone posted about it. The guys thought he was just like Tierra
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  9. #59
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Brooks - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Pffft.... can't compare Tierra to Brooks at all LMAO! Brooks had a clear injury, unlike Tierra. Brooks passed out, unlike Tierra. Brooks didn't sit eating a cheeseburger while getting treated, unlike Tierra. Oh and the guys who were there also realized that Brooks was truly injured. No eye rolling, no snarky comments, unlike the girls' reaction to Tierra.

    Not sure how you think his reaction was over the top either. What exactly did he do that was so over the top? He didn't cry, he didn't go into hysterics, he didn't search out Des, he didn't whine, he didn't beg Des to go to the hospital with him... I am at a loss as to where this over the top behavior was. I sure didn't see anything.
    He couldn't eat a cheeseburger because he was holding his hand up ... he said he passed out ... but I didn't see it. Furthermore, Tierra may have had a blood sugar drop and they fed her. Brooks had an IV right? No cheeseburger needed.

    His reaction was, in my opinion, over the top, for a young, healthy male. Maybe the editors over emphasized it too showing the strain on Des' face and all.

    I guess I wanted him to suck it up. He also should have told Des not to worry he'd be okay.

    I guess if they marry and she gets pregnant ... he won't be invited in for the labor and delivery.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  10. #60
    Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    20,357

    Re: Brooks - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

    We've hit the DEAD HORSE BEATING ceiling with Brooks and his finger.

    Let's move on.

    Thanks.
    Cootie and Eastcoastmom like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.