Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: Brooks - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

Re: Brooks - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I didn't go back any seasons lol.... I am talking about Ben from this season! The girly man that brought his kid with him... that girly man!

Dang they all start to meld in to one dude though after awhile don't they.
    LOL this lot sure do don't they? sorry Mesa
    mesachick likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    He does have an awful voice, whiny. His boo boo( finger) was so overdone- I would be embarrassed if I were him
    I'm liking him less & less with each episode. The hair, the sloppily unshaven face, the whiney voice, the odd teeth. But most of all his overall whineyness. He's a crybaby. That finger thing was way way overdone.

My son came home at 12 years old with an arm shaped like an L, & not at the elbow. His arm was pretty beat up too. Decent amount of blood. Bike wreck. He casually walked up to me & asked: "Mom, do you think I have to go to the doctor for this or can we fix this here?" His face showed he was obviously in pain, but no whining, crying, moaning, groaning, writhing on the ground.
    I drove him to the hospital where he quietly waited in the waiting room 'till they got to him. A few tears went down his face, but no whining. No stretcher, no IV's, no anesthetic, etc.
    And again the kid was 12!

Two years later he not only broke his finger, but crushed the knuckle. We didn't find out for 2 days, until I noticed he had been favoring that hand. He figured it would get better in it's own. He needed surgery.

Brooks, on the other hand, was acting like he lost a limb. Big crybaby!!
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Again, and I can't stress this enough due to personal experience...

Everyone has different pain tolerance levels. Everyone. It is just impossible to compare one person's level of pain/discomfort, to another persons. To try to say that Brooks was a crybaby (I never saw a single tear shed btw, so not sure why crybaby comes in to play anyway), isn't a fair statement. Kudo's to your son for having a high pain tolerance I guess, but like I said before, my friend who is highly sensitive to pain, would have probably felt like he WAS losing a limb. Everyone is different! I don't know why this concept seems to be so hard to grasp lol. He did have to go to the hospital - its what you do when you break a bone for goodness sake. It's not like Neosporin and Band-Aid would have fixed it LOL
    Florimel, nanarama, ilja and 2 others like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I'm liking him less & less with each episode. The hair, the sloppily unshaven face, the whiney voice, the odd teeth. But most of all his overall whineyness. He's a crybaby. That finger thing was way way overdone.

My son came home at 12 years old with an arm shaped like an L, & not at the elbow. His arm was pretty beat up too. Decent amount of blood. Bike wreck. He casually walked up to me & asked: "Mom, do you think I have to go to the doctor for this or can we fix this here?" His face showed he was obviously in pain, but no whining, crying, moaning, groaning, writhing on the ground.
    I drove him to the hospital where he quietly waited in the waiting room 'till they got to him. A few tears went down his face, but no whining. No stretcher, no IV's, no anesthetic, etc.
    And again the kid was 12!

Two years later he not only broke his finger, but crushed the knuckle. We didn't find out for 2 days, until I noticed he had been favoring that hand. He figured it would get better in it's own. He needed surgery.

Brooks, on the other hand, was acting like he lost a limb. Big crybaby!!
    He is as fine as frogs fur on his facebook page( no need to like his page to see it) waving the finger around in his hospital room- like frigging ET.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 06-12-2013 at 07:54 PM.
    -Andy Rooney-

Brooks.jpg

Too cute!

That's his dog, Juno.
    Last edited by mesachick; 06-12-2013 at 07:43 PM.
    NEPASue likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

That is a cute dog, he cant be all bad if he likes dogs( Sean loves dogs as well )l
    NFL1 and NEPASue like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I love his teeth! Smart money says he is on percoset and feeling very good! I broke my shoulder in December and I felt wonderful for weeks! He probably has a 30 day run on them. hmmmmmm
    Last edited by Arielflies; 06-12-2013 at 08:51 PM.

You love his fangs ? alrighty then
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

His teeth look clean, white and fairly straight. I don't mind them, they're big but he's got a big face and he's 6'4. I'm sure they look fine in real life.

Most of the men seen so effeminate to me this season, I'd be annoyed with the selection if I were Des.
    NEPASue likes this.

His name sounds like the name of a butler.
    Shoepie and NEPASue like this.