Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Brad - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

Brad - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

Hometown: Denver, CO
    Height: 6'3"
    Shoe Size: 12
    Tattoos: None
    Most Romantic U.S. City: Seattle. Chances are high you will be dancing in the rain.
    Favorite Snacks: I'm basically obsessed with peanut butter.
    Favorite Flower: A rose. I hope to be getting a lot of them

Brad - The Bachelorette Characters & Cast Bios - ABC.com
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-27-2013 at 04:35 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: Brad - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

He's the best looking so far.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    He's the best looking so far.
    I have to agree. Though compared to the ones I've seen so far, that's not saying much.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Hmm, he's okay. I like the one with the longest hair, he made a great impression- I forgot his name
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Did his little story he told Des strike anyone else as odd?
    Red flags were going off all over the place for me. Maybe a lot was edited out or maybe I'm over thinking it all, but:

He said his little boy is 3, & that he has custody of him. Keep that in mind for later.

He implied his ex had or has a substance abuse problem & that that's why he has custody.
    However, he said the ex was trying to leave with carkeys to drive drunk & was trying to stop her & HE was charged with domestic violence & had a restraing order against him. Didn't the police see she was stinking drunk? Why on earth would he be the one who was charged & restrained?
    Something (a lot) was missing from that story. If I were Des, I would want to know what, in order to consider choosing him for her future husband.

When she asked when this happened he said 3 1/2 years ago. The boy is 3. Was she pregnant & stinking drunk & had a substance abuse problem then? Had the boy just been born? If so, & Brad had domestic violence/restraining order against him, how on earth would he be awarded sole custody? Was this before she got pregnant? If so, did they get back together & have a baby immediately after this? Were they married, if so he didn't imply it at all, or just living together & having a child? If so not exactly a good reference for a man looking for a wife.

Something (a lot) is definitely missing from the whole story. It's just odd at best. A flat out lie at worst.

He seems so nice & is one of, if not THE, most attractive guys there. But red flags are flying all over the place for me.
    Before I'd consider him any further, I'd want to sit him down & ask a whole lot of questions.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

It all seemed really edited to me. I don't think Des wants anyone with a child, its feeling I get. Even if she thought the kid in the start was cute, who wouldn't. I doubt any guy with a child will make it to the end.(jmho of course) she looks bored most of the time
    BTW likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Miss Scarlet asked: "Did his little story he told Des strike anyone else as odd?"

Definitely. I didn't pay quite as much attention to the details as you did ... but I felt that he wanted to tell and explain about the restraining order as much as telling her about his son. I was thinking less about her being drunk/compromised than about him being under a restraining order for something he did to the pregnant mother of his child. He also said that the restraining order is "automatic" on a domestic violence incident. Maybe that is true in Colorado ... but the police must have felt the complainant (drunken mom) had a valid reason and that he was at fault.

Interesting.

ETA: Don't TPTB vet these guys and make sure they are not violent?

ETA2 It would be funny if they did a PI and Brad said "It's a good thing she gave me a rose. If she didn't I was going to drown her in the hot tub!
    Last edited by echo226; 06-13-2013 at 03:11 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

His story is not as odd as you might think. I know of 2 similar incidents among people know. In both of those cases the MAN is the one who called the police, but since the police always assume it is the man who is being abusive, it is the man who gets arrested. In both of those cases the charges were eventually dropped. While I would want more information, I'd be inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.
    NEPASue, mesachick and ilja like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

His story is not as odd as you might think. I know of 2 similar incidents among people know. In both of those cases the MAN is the one who called the police, but since the police always assume it is the man who is being abusive, it is the man who gets arrested. In both of those cases the charges were eventually dropped. While I would want more information, I'd be inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.
    I guess he was just being upfront about it. Now we have to see if she sees red flags, or takes what he says to heart.
    -Andy Rooney-

You make some good points and some omissions are likely due to editing. I believe he did say the case was dropped.

They probably ask each applicant about police records, so maybe TPTB made him tell Des just for some drama.
    BTW and NEPASue like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast