Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Desiree Hartsock - Season 9 Bachelorette

FORT Fogey

Re: Desiree Hartsock - Season 9 Bachelorette

Desiree could have laughed it off when Larry attempted a dip... instead of becoming enraged. Did Desiree show her true self when she reacted to Larry?
    BTW likes this.

Desiree became enraged? What did I miss?
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Desiree was so (enraged?) that she didn't even remember what he was talking about when they sat down and he apologized for the umpteenth time. Then she kept assuring him that it wasn't his fault; the design of the dress (with the modified mermaid tail) was the problem. She was nothing but nice to him.

She didn't choose him because they didn't click. It happens even when fans are so sure that the two would be perfect together.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-31-2013 at 10:02 AM.
    waywyrd, ilja and sparklete like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Desiree became enraged? What did I miss?
    I guess I missed it too LOL. I saw her laugh a bit awkwardly though. Is that what rage is? Dang, all along I thought it meant something else entirely!
    ilja likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

After what happened with Larry, my impression of Desiree is that she cares too much about her appearance, her dress. I look at attitudes, personalities of those who are on the show.I read that Desiree's dress ripped, but I didn't see any holes.

What happened with Larry was that they had unbelievably awkward conversation after his stupid little stunt. She shrugged off the thing with the dress, but he kept on apologizing. He harped on the dancing stunt and thought that was why she didn't give him a rose, but didn't seem to think it had anything to do with how just uncomfortable that conversation was. Plus, what was with him taking off and putting on his glasses over and over? She got rid of him because she didn't like him. I doubt it had much of anything to do with the dress: it had to do with how he handled himself after that.

I would have booted him too. He was creepy. I got a total "it puts the lotion on its body" vibe from him. Really though, let's move the Larry talk to his thread. This is about Des....

Of all the bach'ettes we've had, Des comes across as one of the least vain of the bunch, judging on a scale from "not vain" to "Emily."
    sweetpea and Alexxxx like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The impression I get of her from limited viewing is that she's not the brightest bulb in the pack. I don't mean to imply that she's stupid, but only that her area of exposure to is limited. I certainly could be wrong, but I have the feeling that she'd be one of those contestants on Amazing Race about whom I'd say, "I can't believe she doesn't know that."
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I think she could be fun. I don't know why she said yes to this show, I don't think its for her.I could be 100% wrong .Most of this girls want to further their TV careers, I don't see Des wanting to do that. I wish her well, I hope she finds her Mr Right, not Mr Right now
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12