Closed Thread
Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

FORT Fan

Re: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

DeAnna Pappas Exclusive Interview | Inside The Bachelor, A Behind The Scenes Look

March 15th, 2010 Shari Posted in DeAnna Pappas, Television Celebrities | No Comments »

For all the fans missing the drama of ‘The Bachelor’ – you no longer have to wait. Tonight on 20/20 we get a behind the scenes look at ‘The Bachelor’. Before that you can read our exclusive interview with a former insider, The Bachelorette, DeAnna Pappas . DeAnna spoke with Have U Heard and filled us in on the latest news, what she is busy with, her new boyfriend and much more!!

Question: Are you still working on the television show, ‘Get Married’?

DeAnna: There were a lot of budget cuts, they switched to a different network and are only on one day a week so we made a mutual decision to part ways.

Q: Where are you living now?

DeAnna: I am living in LA and I still have my house in Georgia and I travel back and forth. Since I have been seeing Steven (Stagliano), I am spending more and more time in LA.

Q: How did you meet Steven?

DeAnna: His brother, Michael (who was one of the final four on Jillian’s season of ‘The Bachelorette’) was dating my friend and thought enough of me to introduce me to his twin brother, Steven.

Q: What did you think of Jake choosing Vienna??

DeAnna: I kind of knew all along that he was going to choose her. You hear all the rumors with the show and all of the leaks and everything else so I knew it was going to be her, so I’ve been preparing myself for a few weeks. (Keep reading to see what DeAnna has to say to Ali) I think it’s clear to see that he looks more comfortable with Vienna then Tenley. He looked most comfortable with Ali. But then Ali left. I’m really shocked too with her (Vienna) being the final girl – the editing was very bad and usually the final girl they edit her really well.

Q: What did you think about Ali leaving ‘The Bachelor’ for her job?

DeAnna: I’m sick of seeing that being replayed – in Jillian’s season, Jake’s season – it just seems like a pattern and if they’re going to have someone leave for dramatic effect then let’s make up a new reason. Honestly, that’s the way I feel about it.

Q: If given the choice between your career and love what would you do?

DeAnna: I think it would depend on if I was truly in love or not. I think that’s probably how it was for Ali. I think she cared for Jake alot but he couldn’t promise that she would be the one in the end. You have to think about yourself and your life and your own job. She probably went through the struggles in her own head. Whether it was going somewhere. Maybe she was already offered The Bachelorette position who knows.

Q: What do you think about Ali as the next Bachelorette?

DeAnna: I love the idea. I think she’s a lot of fun. I think she’s very upbeat, funny, very outgoing. Very opinionated which of course, I love. I think she is going to make a great Bachelorette. It’s going to be a great, entertaining season to watch.

Q: Do you have any advice for Ali?

DeAnna: She needs to stay true to herself and listen to herself and follow her heart. It’s kind of hard in this situation you have 25 guys that you wouldn’t normally meet in a normal life setting. Then you have producers and executive producers and other people trying to gear you in a certain way. I just hope that she can follow her heart and listen to herself and do what she wants to do.

Q: Are you speaking from experience on that?

DeAnna: Yeah, of course. Everything I say, I am speaking from experience.

Q: Do you think the producers influenced your decision?

DeAnna: Looking back I definitely think because I trusted them – yeah.

Q: Do you have any contact with Jesse?

DeAnna: No, none at all. Never.

Q: Did you go to Jason’s wedding?

DeAnna: Yes. (When we spoke it was prior to the wedding, so DeAnna couldn’t speak about the wedding).

Q: Was Jesse at the wedding? and did you speak to him?

DeAnna: He was at the wedding but we didn’t speak.

Q: What do you think about how Vienna was treated by the tabloids?

DeAnna: Whatever sells, the more drama the better. I feel bad for her, they’ve been ripping her apart for weeks. Is there any truth to what is being written in the magazines?? I don’t know. I think that’s for Vienna to tell and for us to trust her word. Speaking from my own experience the magazines don’t always speak the truth. They get whatever they can from people who are willing to speak to them and whatever sells.

Q: Do you look back and wish you made different decisions?

DeAnna: Of course, in hindsight with everything I know, I wish I made different decisions of course.

Q: What’s next for you? Would you sell Real Estate again?

DeAnna: I would do Real Estate again. As soon as the market picks up. I would also love to continue to do more television and more hosting. It was something I came to love.

Q: Is Brad Womack married?

DeAnna: He’s definitely not married. Still single.

Q: Do you think Steven is the one?

DeAnna: I do. We have a wonderful relationship, we have a wonderful understanding. He makes me happy. He’s with me because of me. He’s not with me because of fame or money or the bachelorette or anything. He’s with me because of who I am. It makes such a difference in the relationship.

Q: Do you believe people go on The Bachelor or The Bachelorette for the fame?

DeAnna: I believe that some people, not all, some people do have an alterior motive when they go on the show
    DeAnna Pappas Exclusive Interview | Inside The Bachelor, A Behind The Scenes Look |Have U Heard??

Quote Originally Posted by sjcaligurl;3854975;
    Q: Do you believe people go on The Bachelor or The Bachelorette for the fame?

DeAnna: I believe that some people, not all, some people do have an alterior motive when they go on the show
    DeAnna Pappas Exclusive Interview | Inside The Bachelor, A Behind The Scenes Look |Have U Heard??
    Sorry, I'll stop now because it hurts.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

interesting interview with Deanna, sounds like in hindsight she realizes she shouldn't have trusted the producers and they weren't actually her "friends", and they probably geared her towards Jesse so they could have Jason as the Bachelor since everyone felt bad for him in the end, and wouldn't have felt bad for Jesse. I wonder if Jill resents some of the producers as well, since obviously they were aware of a lot of the Ed stuff and there was even strong speculation that they had leaked it to the media

Quote Originally Posted by Addie_PR;3851744;
    I believe Ian is living in Brazil, and he is working with an organization called Copa Verde with the goal of making the World Cup in Brazil a "Green" event. He is still as gorgeous as ever. Here is a link of the site Copa Verde
    I may be wrong but I believe that Ian is still living in the LA area. Although he did grow up in Brazil, his family is American and his father retired in Florida.

Here is picture of him from that site dated Nov. 27, 2009.

Media / Imprensa « CopaVerde Blog
    Last edited by Krispy; 03-15-2010 at 02:07 PM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3854999;
    interesting interview with Deanna, sounds like in hindsight she realizes she shouldn't have trusted the producers and they weren't actually her "friends", and they probably geared her towards Jesse so they could have Jason as the Bachelor since everyone felt bad for him in the end, and wouldn't have felt bad for Jesse. I wonder if Jill resents some of the producers as well, since obviously they were aware of a lot of the Ed stuff and there was even strong speculation that they had leaked it to the media
    I really believe that the producers were trying everything in their power to get her to accept a proposal from either Kip and Reid -- but she would not have it. It was Ed or nothing to her, and I personally believe she made the right choice. Siince Jill would not go with Kip or Reid, I too believe the producers were instrumental in the leaking of the story to the tabloids about Ed and the gfs. I'm just proud of Ed and Jill for withstanding the absolute storm that followed the finale and being well on their way to the alter.

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3854999;
    If this has anything to do with what DeAnna has said in prior interviews, she was into Graham and no one else. However, no matter what she says today, in the moment she was into Jesse, and after wrap, did try to make it work.

Her disgust of the man today is why Holly can't stand the thought of Jesse, and probably for the same reason that those people that bothered to take a closer look at him during airing of the show were then equally appalled.

Quote Originally Posted by ajd66;3855012;
    I really believe that the producers were trying everything in their power to get her to accept a proposal from either Kip and Reid -- but she would not have it. It was Ed or nothing to her, and I personally believe she made the right choice. Siince Jill would not go with Kip or Reid, I too believe the producers were instrumental in the leaking of the story to the tabloids about Ed and the gfs. I'm just proud of Ed and Jill for withstanding the absolute storm that followed the finale and being well on their way to the alter.
    I wouldn't be surprised if TPTB were the ones who leaked the stuff about Ed. It definitely brought more attention to the show. However, I think they were fine with her choosing Ed. I say this because of her pep talk with CH after Reid arrived. To me it seemed he was steering her in the direction of going with her original choice. Letting Ed come back after he decided to leave also tells me that Ed was fine with them. Also, Reid said in an interview that they drove him around for hours afterward trying to get him to say certain things they could use to set him up as the next Bachelor. I would say the TPTB have been grateful for the publicity that the most recent F1's have brought to the show. Negative as it may be.

Also, from the article I posted earlier about the 20/20 episode I thought the comment MF made about his dream ending would be for a couple to fall so madly in love they would demand a JP be present at the FRC and they would tie the knot right there.... hmmm I wonder if that will happen in the future.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3855036;
    Producers leaked the story to the tabloids? Oh, so those Lindsey "friends" were actually producers posting and communicating privately with FORT members?

I don't think so ... Instead, all I have ever sensed is one obsessed woman who played high school type game --- nationally --- in hopes to have Ed back or to ruin his life in the process.
    I agree with you as well - one obsessed woman -- I believe that the two (MF and the obsessed woman) collided to make it a "ratings" bonanza. Just like all the tabloids and editing made this year an even larger bonanza. I shudder to think what is coming down the pike in Ali's season.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3854957;
    Write up for tonights special I suppose... there is also a link off of this site to watch audition videos.

Jake's made me want to barf
    Ali's was cute and she had a guitar next to her so I wonder if she knows how to play
    Vienna was shown talking about her bachelor's degree and working out
    Gia loves her dog
    Roslyn... I turned it off

'The Bachelor': Behind the Scenes Secrets, Casting, Grooming - ABC News
    That was very interesting and thank you for posting the link.
    But there are only two parts that really caught my attention:
    1. When discussing the limos of girls pulling up to the house, Chris Harrison said he offers special encouragement: "I SLAP EACH ONE OF THEM ON THE BUTT, say to GO GET him, and tell them not to let ME down." That is a really classy way to get things started.
    2. So Corey Fetman is the wardrobe consultant who completely designed and outfitted Jake for the show. A complete makeover. Everything was "tailor made" for him to present him at his best.
    Thank you, Corey Fetman, for giving us the special shoes and the blue turtleneck. Your contribution was huge.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3855068;
    That was very interesting and thank you for posting the link.
    But there are only two parts that really caught my attention:
    1. When discussing the limos of girls pulling up to the house, Chris Harrison said he offers special encouragement: "I SLAP EACH ONE OF THEM ON THE BUTT, say to GO GET him, and tell them not to let ME down." That is a really classy way to get things started.
    2. So Corey Fetman is the wardrobe consultant who completely designed and outfitted Jake for the show. A complete makeover. Everything was "tailor made" for him to present him at his best.
    Thank you, Corey Fetman, for giving us the special shoes and the blue turtleneck. Your contribution was huge.
    oh mercy. i hope somehow he was misquoted and was referring to when the men arrive for the bachelorette, but the article seems pretty clear. gross.
    _(Moo!)

Closed Thread