Closed Thread
Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

FORT Fan

Re: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Fred from DeAnna's season was supposedly a lawyer but he didn't practice and taught school at a private girls school. Graham was a bar manager but was billed as a pro-ball player .... Ryan was labeled NFL player when he was on the practice squad and kept getting cut ... Jason was some sort of account exec and lord knows what he really did ... still haven't figured that out. That Valishia chick who got no airtime and went out as a Homemaker single mother of two just blew me away. Does that mean she has no job or that she gets a fat alimony check?

Tenley was billed as an admissions counselor at a college but that girl works at the Design school where Lauren Conrad from The Hills went (and was filmed). Gee, wonder how she wound up on the show? She lives in the OC.

I finally watched the show and I'm sure I'll have much more to add later, after I've read through the thread. What I primarily got out of it is:

1. I don't give two hoots about Jason/Melissa/Molly. I just don't want to see his creepy big grin anymore. Please go away, all of you, and live happy lives far from my television screen.

2. Jerry Ferris is still gorgeous, adorable, wonderful, caring, and by far my favourite Bachelorette Bachelor along with Ian who thankfully chose not to participate in this show (if they were even able to locate him). Meredith is gorgeous still, and as funny and charming as ever. Love her.

They always make it look like the bachelors/bachelottes have great jobs. I think 80% of them are trying to get into show biz. Glad Jason found love & got married which I'm sure ticks most fans of this show off because of everything that went down with Melissa. But the bottom line was he just didn't like Melissa once he spent time with her outside of the show, it's not like he's going to say on ATFR " I just don't like you ". But hey didn't Jake say something to that effect to Tenley? At least Jason kept that to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by InsideOut;3857455;
    I am DEFINITELY NOT knocking pharmaceutical sales! I've known a few pharm. salespeople in the past, and they made great money. It's common knowledge that you need to be fairly bright for the job, and the field is notoriously staffed with "pretty people." I've always doubted that the Bachelor contestants who list "pharmaceutical sales" as their occupation really were actually employed as such. I think the producers of the show hand out job labels for some of these contestants because it looks better than "Official Wannabe Actress," "Unemployed With No Direction," "Too Much Time On Their Hands," "Just Looking For 15 Minutes of Fame," etc. etc.

True....I did notice one show..can't remember which one it seemed as if 1/3 of the folks were pharmaceutical sales folks. I thought that was odd. I do realize that there are people that may be a bar manager and they don' like the sound of it and ask what elese have they done and they use whatever comes across better for the first impression on the meet and greet. Don't know but I am thinking that is what they are doing. Most of these folks are young and bounce around from job to job at that age. They really either don't know what they want to do or they know and just have not gotten there yet.

I think they s.t.r.e.t.c.h. things a little bit when it comes to the job descriptions. Maybe a contestant worked at Wal-Mart for a few weeks when they were 16, which can then be translated into "pharmaceutical sales" because they scanned a few bottles of cold medicine. Some of these job descriptions are so vague, it's ridiculous. Wardrobe consultant? Is that a fancy description for a salesperson at Kohl's Dept. Store? How about model/makeup artist (Rozlyn). She probably sells Avon. Marketing Rep? Maybe that could be applied to someone who gave away samples at Costco. I think it's funny how they inflate or disguise what most of these contestants really do for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;3857235;
    Or receptionists with close ties to the actual sales reps. Wasn't there a woman this season who was described as a "homemaker"? How is that even possible, as an occupation for a single woman? Did she have family money?

My favourite occupation was "Hot Dog Vendor"
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

They said Natalie Getz worked in HR - but wasn't she a bartender? She probably temped in an HR department doing filing and photocopying one day and that's what they put as her career. As an HR professional, I don't want her put in the same category as me =)

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3857749;
    They said Natalie Getz worked in HR - but wasn't she a bartender? She probably temped in an HR department doing filing and photocopying one day and that's what they put as her career. As an HR professional, I don't want her put in the same category as me =)
    LOL! Maybe they figure that someone who helps get people liquored up enough to end up going home with someone they just met an hour earlier could be classified as a "human resource?"

haha, someone asked Kip on Twitter why he wasn't on the 20/20 special, he says he filmed 5 hours worth and thought he'd at least have a 5 minute part, but they completely edited him out! Maybe his part was too boring!

I forgot Kip was supposed to be on. Bummer - they could've cut out a lot of the Jake and Vienna crapfest and given us some Kryptonite!!
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Closed Thread