Closed Thread
Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Re: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Quote Originally Posted by sonyab1974;3857100;
    I couldn't believe that lady stayed after he called her the wrong name!!!
    Didn't Jesse tell a girl that she got a rose and then realized he gave it to her in err? I think Jesse and Chris talked and then came back out and told the girl that she could stay. She was gone the next week I believe. If it had been me I would have handed him the rose and left.

Quote Originally Posted by Pdilly1;3857126;
    Didn't Jesse tell a girl that she got a rose and then realized he gave it to her in err? I think Jesse and Chris talked and then came back out and told the girl that she could stay.
    Yup!! He realized he made an error and gave the rose to the girl he ment to give it to. I think it was Chris Harrison who told her that she can still stay.

She was gone the next week I believe. If it had been me I would have handed him the rose and left.
    Yeah me too! So humiliating!

Not only was Jesse BORING, he had absolutely no connection with any of the women and it was painfully obvious. That series was God-awful to watch, and I'm not sure if I even watched every episode. Probably slept through most of it.

It's funny how the occupations of these Bachelors have run the gamut and are always used so strongly when showcasing the men's identity: A banker, a restaurant/bar owner, a pro. football player, a pro. fisherman, a prince, a doctor, a military man, a pilot, a winery owner, a financier, and a "single dad." The women, on the other hand, are basically identified and emphasized for their beauty with little to no emphasis placed on their occupations.

Have you ever noticed how many of the womens' occupations are listed as "pharmaceutical sales" or "sales rep" etc.? I think that basically means they're unemployed in Fleiss-speak.

Quote Originally Posted by InsideOut;3857187;

Have you ever noticed how many of the womens' occupations are listed as "pharmaceutical sales" or "sales rep" etc.? I think that basically means they're unemployed in Fleiss-speak.
    Or receptionists with close ties to the actual sales reps. Wasn't there a woman this season who was described as a "homemaker"? How is that even possible, as an occupation for a single woman? Did she have family money?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;3857119;
    oh gosh all of this speculation on what "sex with 5 1/2" means... what have we become???
    I am a long way from grammer school Math but I seem to recall another way to look at that 5 1/2.

5 x 2 plus 1 = 11 over 2

So maybe he did 11 girls twice. UGH!!! oh the pain of thinking this way.

Quote Originally Posted by sjcaligurl;3856418;
    Really? Graham went on for promotion? Of what? I'd read that producers hounded him to be on the show and even went after him even after the deadline for applicants had passed. What did he promote? His charity that helps women and children all over the world? He's dating a soap star yet I see her tweeting about going to red carpet events with her girlfriends. For the most part, he seems to be hiding from the limelight. The only thing he truly seems interested in is basketball ... and his charity which really seems to be doing quite well.

Yes, I think we heard it on FORT first that Jesse had a girlfriend when he went on the show. He fell for DeAnna in some way or another but the whole relationship cannot be based on promotion and trying to get a reality show (the guys in the house said he bragged about being there for his sponsors and to get his own show) ... AND, he was so devastated by DeAnna leaving him that he got on youtube with a sob filled announcement to fans while he was already calling Holly Durst putting the moves on her within TWO DAYS of DeAnna leaving.

Where is DeAnna living now? I believe she is in an apartment in the greater LA area. She has a really nice, upstanding guy from a closeknit family that is a lot like her own. Not sure she will ever get another TV job but I think she is more satisfied with Stephen than anything else. What is Jesse doing? He's still hanging on to his experience from the show. He's buddying up with every subsequent 'graduating class' from the franchise. He's makng a living from these 'reunions.' He's doing the pub crawl with guys/gals from the newer seasons - as though people across the country really will come out just to see him. I think what he is doing now is who he really is. I think what DeAnna is doing now is who she really is (cooking for friends, playing board games and hanging out with family). She seems happy. I hope he is.
    I base my opinion about Mr Bunn on what I saw on here during the B4 season. Every time I would log on during the season on this site and another site I would see this advertisement: Graham Bunn, Model
    New York, New York
    if he wasn't into self-promotion I don't think I would have seen this even if producers hounded him to join the cast I think this was his motivation to sign on the dotted line..

Concerning Jesse, yes he did call Holly fairly fast. I am not sure if it was two days after DeAnna’s leaving though, possibly two days after he confirm the breakup on youtube. I'm not sure on that one I could be wrong. I’m not sure if he was looking for a girlfriend at that time or someone to talk to, another female who had The Bachelor experience but it looks like something grew from there. Oh yes, the RS interview that Holly said Jesse had a girlfriend when he came on the show. At one time I was on the fence about that situation but as the supposed GF came forward later and said it was a lie I’m inclined to believe that was just a rumor but let just say that everything Holly said in the interview was true. Holly also said that Jesse did fall in love with DeAnna. After all Jesse did say he wanted to go to therapy to save the relationship and DeAnna did not want to try anymore. At the end of the relationship DeAnna was the one who only wanted to get close to Jesse during photo ops and interviews.

I think both Jesse and DeAnna were looking for a career change and there is nothing wrong with that. I also believe Jesse and Deanna believe they could do it as a couple but unfortunately their relationship suffer because of them both trying to get into the industry. Personally I think Jesse saw opportunities open up when MTV came a calling. MTV’s Made has approached him 3 times now with the last one to be televised early April. America’s Most Wanted has come a calling as well as the Associated Press (AP) who offered him a job as a reporter for them at the Olympics. It also seems Jesse had a concept that he took to TPTB and they tweaked it and now has grown into The Bachelor Pad. Not to mention TPTB liking the idea of Jesse hosting Bachelor reunions at least it seems they do because they are always filming them.

DeAnna did move to L.A. after her job with Get Married, which was based in Atlanta, went kaput. If she wanted a nice quite life she could have stayed in Georgia with her family (who she is close to) and bartended there but, she has indicated she wouldn’t mind finding another hosting job and L.A. of course has more opportunities.

It has been over a year since the break-up, both have moved on, but both seemed to have been emotionally hurt by each other. I wish both of them well and hope they are happy.

Quote Originally Posted by InsideOut;3857187;
    Not only was Jesse BORING, he had absolutely no connection with any of the women and it was painfully obvious. That series was God-awful to watch, and I'm not sure if I even watched every episode. Probably slept through most of it.

It's funny how the occupations of these Bachelors have run the gamut and are always used so strongly when showcasing the men's identity: A banker, a restaurant/bar owner, a pro. football player, a pro. fisherman, a prince, a doctor, a military man, a pilot, a winery owner, a financier, and a "single dad." The women, on the other hand, are basically identified and emphasized for their beauty with little to no emphasis placed on their occupations.

Pharmaceutical sales can make quite a bit of money. I would not knock it.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine305;3857281;
    I base my opinion about Mr Bunn on what I saw on here during the B4 season. Every time I would log on during the season on this site and another site I would see this advertisement: Graham Bunn, Model
    New York, New York
    if he wasn't into self-promotion I don't think I would have seen this even if producers hounded him to join the cast I think this was his motivation to sign on the dotted line..

Concerning Jesse, yes he did call Holly fairly fast. I am not sure if it was two days after DeAnna’s leaving though, possibly two days after he confirm the breakup on youtube. I'm not sure on that one I could be wrong. I’m not sure if he was looking for a girlfriend at that time or someone to talk to, another female who had The Bachelor experience but it looks like something grew from there. Oh yes, the RS interview that Holly said Jesse had a girlfriend when he came on the show. At one time I was on the fence about that situation but as the supposed GF came forward later and said it was a lie I’m inclined to believe that was just a rumor but let just say that everything Holly said in the interview was true. Holly also said that Jesse did fall in love with DeAnna. After all Jesse did say he wanted to go to therapy to save the relationship and DeAnna did not want to try anymore. At the end of the relationship DeAnna was the one who only wanted to get close to Jesse during photo ops and interviews.

I think both Jesse and DeAnna were looking for a career change and there is nothing wrong with that. I also believe Jesse and Deanna believe they could do it as a couple but unfortunately their relationship suffer because of them both trying to get into the industry. Personally I think Jesse saw opportunities open up when MTV came a calling. MTV’s Made has approached him 3 times now with the last one to be televised early April. America’s Most Wanted has come a calling as well as the Associated Press (AP) who offered him a job as a reporter for them at the Olympics. It also seems Jesse had a concept that he took to TPTB and they tweaked it and now has grown into The Bachelor Pad. Not to mention TPTB liking the idea of Jesse hosting Bachelor reunions at least it seems they do because they are always filming them.

DeAnna did move to L.A. after her job with Get Married, which was based in Atlanta, went kaput. If she wanted a nice quite life she could have stayed in Georgia with her family (who she is close to) and bartended there but, she has indicated she wouldn’t mind finding another hosting job and L.A. of course has more opportunities.

It has been over a year since the break-up, both have moved on, but both seemed to have been emotionally hurt by each other. I wish both of them well and hope they are happy.
    Graham should have stayed in NYC if he wanted to model. That's where the action is. DeAnna moved to LA before Get Married died so she was already seeking better opportunities and since real estate is kaput almost everywhere, she'll have to bartend or do whatever if nothing else comes up TV wise. That's how it's done. Jesse is NOT the mastermind behind Bachelor Pad. I saw some of the girls tweeting that they had approached producers about it before Jesse started bragging about it. He did MADE before The Bach'ette and did a followup where he was minimally seen along with many other MADE kids/coaches. The kids were the stars - not the coaches. He taped something else for MTV with other guys and his role remains to be seen. For all the hype he gave his appearance on America's Most Wanted, you would have thought he was shoulder to shoulder with John Walsh solving a crime. The other snowboarder did almost all of the talking and Jesse nodded along like a mute. He's getting something but he certainly makes it seem as though it is exponentially more than it is. Heck, I've had TV airtime in my life but it isn't nothing I'd put on a resume. LOL!

I don't believe he wanted therapy at all. He wouldn't have been calling Holly right away and later treating her like crap had he wanted to work anything out with DeAnna. You don't call the next chick 2 days later if you want to work it out. He wanted fame and only wanted to be with DeAnna as a ticket to it. She denied him that and he made a deceitful video where he pretended to be the injured party. All of the lies he told CH, select fans and Holly were really things that he, himself, was doing. I think CH figured it out. Holly certainly did Only a few people haven't figured out what he is all about and, oddly, those are people who are still doing things for him or sending him money and gifts or publishing blog articles where they slam DeAnna ... The people who still like him are people he's conned into serving him in some way and it's sad that they are so enamored with the fake attention he gives them that they can't see they are being had an used. I used to be a fan but I draw the line when people request money, favors or services (even if not directly). ABC was totally correct: Career Opportunist is his moniker now and probably forever.

I'm going to wish him well. Everyone deserves success. Like rapper 50 Cents, Jesse is going to get rich/famous or die trying ...
    Last edited by sjcaligurl; 03-17-2010 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pdilly1;3857338;
    Pharmaceutical sales can make quite a bit of money. I would not knock it.
    I am DEFINITELY NOT knocking pharmaceutical sales! I've known a few pharm. salespeople in the past, and they made great money. It's common knowledge that you need to be fairly bright for the job, and the field is notoriously staffed with "pretty people." I've always doubted that the Bachelor contestants who list "pharmaceutical sales" as their occupation really were actually employed as such. I think the producers of the show hand out job labels for some of these contestants because it looks better than "Official Wannabe Actress," "Unemployed With No Direction," "Too Much Time On Their Hands," "Just Looking For 15 Minutes of Fame," etc. etc.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by InsideOut;3857455;
    I am DEFINITELY NOT knocking pharmaceutical sales! I've known a few pharm. salespeople in the past, and they made great money. It's common knowledge that you need to be fairly bright for the job, and the field is notoriously staffed with "pretty people." I've always doubted that the Bachelor contestants who list "pharmaceutical sales" as their occupation really were actually employed as such. I think the producers of the show hand out job labels for some of these contestants because it looks better than "Official Wannabe Actress," "Unemployed With No Direction," "Too Much Time On Their Hands," "Just Looking For 15 Minutes of Fame," etc. etc.
    Reminds me of how Vienna was labeled a "marketing rep," and I have yet to see that explained in terms of a particular job, company, etc., unless I totally missed it.

Closed Thread