Closed Thread
Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Re: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Quote Originally Posted by drme;3856676;
    Maybe I have a different belief in what is right and wrong. This has to do with morals.

When you say "Did Jason ever do anything except talk/contact Molly"

When you are engaged, or let's say married, it is not "OK" to contact, call, email, text, send snailmail to someone else you are chasing. Ok, one step further, it is not "OK" to chase someone when you are engaged or married.

Now, if you break off your relationship--Both parties having fully discussed and understand the break up, then OK to move on.

With that, Jason should not have been secretly cheating on Melissa, Molly should not have been secretly cheating with Jason (and maybe other men), they are both a little off in there rights and wrongs.
    EXACTLY! Well said. This is why Jason and Molly completely annoy me -- they were plotting and planning to get back together before Jason had cut ties with his fiance, Melissa -- and then they both sat there on national TV feigning surprise and claiming they had not been in touch with each other, while Melissa was thrown under the proverbial bus.

When J&M whine about how much media abuse they suffered over the past year and speak of how much they've been through and survived together, they get no sympathy from me.

FORT Fogey

Here's the way that I look at it.. Everyone has a right to be happy, and unfortunately a great many times for that someone to be happy, someone else is going to be unhappy in the process. That is sad, but it happens. It needs to be acknowledged. What is more important to me, though, and needs to be acknowledge is when someone is stepped on and squashed along the way so that the other person can be happy.

Jason and Molly deserve to be happy, but it needs to be acknowledged that Jason lied to Melissa about being in contact with Molly, and he agreed to get to approach Molly in a way that was humiliating to Melissa.

Jillian and Ed deserve to be happy, but it needs to be acknowledged that Ed was not free and clear and was still communicating with two girlfriends while he and Jillian were getting together.

Jake and Vienna deserve to be happy, but it looks like at this point that, according to Tanya, Jake was not honest about his goals and intentions.

People do deserve to be happy, and it does gets messy along the way, but we need to keep things in perspective and not just sweep the things we would like to ignore under the rug.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3856664;
    If you read the emails, and put what was said the other night together with the inside info from reliable people within the cheerleader circle it looks like this:

Ty broke up with Melissa before Jason's season on the Bachelor. Melissa said Ty would not commit to her. She went on the show as a rebound. She did not particularly go to find someone to love. (My thought: We have said many, many times that most of them go for the adventure, so I won't condemn her for that one).

The way she describes it immediately relates to what we have called "being in the bubble". She said she was not attracted to Jason, but he was "The Bachelor." In other words, the competition which is what the season is based on - 25 women VIE for the Bachelor - was truly in effect.

Now, remember that she is telling it the other night in present tense, and we are watching it and reading the emails in past tense. She says she can hardly watch it.

In other words, now she doesn't feel anything or the exact opposite of what she felt that night. Obviously, at the time of the FRC she was right smack dab in the middle of the bubble.

She said she didn't know him. She hardly knew anything about him. She is being realistic now. She is saying in the present tense that outside of the bubble Jason is not someone she would have been attracted to in the sense of dating. However, on the show, she was not in her typical situation.

I had a very good inside source in the cheerleading circle. I know that for a while after the FRC Melissa was trying. I know that like the emails said she knew the relationship was basically gone, but she thought they were supposed to talk about it on the the filming of the ATFR. Molly was a surprise. She had asked him several times about being in contact with Molly, and he denied it every time.
    You see in the emails where she confronted him about Molly. He lied to her about Molly, and he apologizes to her about all of it.

He had been in touch with Molly. Read the emails.

When does Ty come in? She got in touch with Ty after the relationship with Jason completely fell apart.

Now, I think this is interesting! If we are going to get on Ed and Jake for cheating, then we had better throw Jason in there too because the proof is there in the emails that Jason cheated on Melissa by being in contact with Molly while he was engaged to Melissa!

There was an interview several months back right after they broke up and Melissa stated that she was already talking with Ty before the beakup. SHe knew that her relationship with Jason was going on the rocks so she conferred with Ty. I never said he did not get in touch with Molly. He did so after his relationship with Melissa started to unravel. At he same point Melissa was conversing with Ty. So then they both are guilty...where does that leave us...no where. They are all happy and I am sure they could care less what we are saying about it.

As far as cheating...to me a conversation with someone is not cheating for the most part unless there is a motive of deceit.
    The way I look at it, if it was unraveling in 6 weeks, more than likely it was not going to survive regarless of what happened. I think they fell in love with a fantasy .... both have stated that in real life their relationship would have never taken off. We all need to remember that when looking at the show. It is fast paced and unreal dating experiences with so much going on in 6-8 weeks. THe only thing we can really get mad at most of them for is...as MF stated...50% are only going to be in there for fame. The other 50% are usually in it for the right reasons. The only thing I wonder is why in the heck put yourself out there for the boards to rip you apart and a huge chance that the lifetime relationship will be a dud.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by InsideOut;3856672;
    This is precisely what my sister and I were discussing during the Jason season: When you remove all of the glitter and glam that ABC painted over this guy, you're left with a divorced insurance salesman who lives with his brother, who shares half-time custody of his son. When he's presented on the show, he's portrayed as a gold-covered prize wrapped in a shiny bow. He's really just an average joe.
    Exactly! Jason is not 'double take' material in real life. Fliess is always looking for a gimmick - as he should be if he wants to keep the show successful. Jason, the divorced guy who claimed to be all on his lonesome raising his child (I mean why didn't they just make is ex a meth addict too?), knows his biggest draw was his son. People bought into Ty - not so much him. Had he gone on as just a regular guy, DeAnna probably would have let him go after their first date. It was his story - not him.

EVERYBODY I know bought into that because of SYMPATHY. He doesn't have a good job which could enable him to support a wife, kid and more kids ... He and Molly probably wouldn't have been able to see each other as much as they did had it not been for the free airline tickets. If Molly, who is just starting out in life as an adult, thinks that Jason is the end all and be all, I'm happy for her. But, Seattle is a very diverse place and a far cry from both Grand Rapids and Milwaukee. She will see a lot more options ... She will grow up ...

Quote Originally Posted by InsideOut;3856672;
    you're left with a divorced insurance salesman who lives with his brother,
    He lived with his brother? I don't remember him saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pdilly1;3856695;
    As far as cheating...to me a conversation with someone is not cheating for the most part unless there is a motive of deceit.
    Yeah if you have to lie to the person you are with about it? Then yeah there is a problem.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sjcaligurl;3856701;
    Exactly! Jason is not 'double take' material in real life. Fliess is always looking for a gimmick - as he should be if he wants to keep the show successful. Jason, the divorced guy who claimed to be all on his lonesome raising his child (I mean why didn't they just make is ex a meth addict too?), knows his biggest draw was his son. People bought into Ty - not so much him. Had he gone on as just a regular guy, DeAnna probably would have let him go after their first date. It was his story - not him.

EVERYBODY I know bought into that because of SYMPATHY. He doesn't have a good job which could enable him to support a wife, kid and more kids ... He and Molly probably wouldn't have been able to see each other as much as they did had it not been for the free airline tickets. If Molly, who is just starting out in life as an adult, thinks that Jason is the end all and be all, I'm happy for her. But, Seattle is a very diverse place and a far cry from both Grand Rapids and Milwaukee. She will see a lot more options ... She will grow up ...
    So true!!! I realized his draw was the fact that he was a single father looking for love, but come on people see him for who he is...nothing special. I didn't care for him in Deanna's season or his season, but he deserves happiness as much as the next person. If Molly (didn't really like her or dislike her, but did think she "competing" for the guy) is what makes him happy, then great. Hope everything works out and they are happy. I just wonder how is website and his "single father" status are going to work out now. For me, it was a joke from the beginning, so I'm thinking it isn't going to change that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3856688;
    Here's the way that I look at it.. Everyone has a right to be happy, and unfortunately a great many times for that someone to be happy, someone else is going to be unhappy in the process. That is sad, but it happens. It needs to be acknowledged. What is more important to me, though, and needs to be acknowledge is when someone is stepped on and squashed along the way so that the other person can be happy.

Jason and Molly deserve to be happy, but it needs to be acknowledged that Jason lied to Melissa about being in contact with Molly, and he agreed to get to approach Molly in a way that was humiliating to Melissa.

That is the crux of my disgust for Jason - and for MF to say during Monday night's show that it was the audience's right to see that happen made me sick (I think he called it closure - I can't remember). To think that his end game is about making us happy is bull crap - for him it's about money and ratings and he got it - and we got duped.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Regular

Yeah. Very true.

thanks for explaining the way you did Bloomers - that helps me wrap my head around what I perceived as contradiction

Closed Thread