Closed Thread
Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Re: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3856529;

In relationships (especially ones where commitments are involved), you FIGHT, you TRY, you COMMUNICATE to make things work. You know as well as I do that you didn't give 100% to me or the relationship. And I don't understand how you can walk away from something without giving it your all - but I am walking away knowing I did.
    She didn't give 100% either! She said she didn't want to call him and all that. So, what is she so upset about? So either she is lying to the world or a hypocrite to Jason. She is one confusing chick a dee. Or she is one confused chick a dee.

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3856604;
    As much as I personally thought Reid was a way better catch than Ed,
    Uh huh!!!!!

and at the time couldn't believe she would pick Ed, clearly Jill seems to be very happy with her pick, he apparently is her type, and she plans on marrying him, so although she didn't make the decision I would have made, it appears she made the right decision for her.
    Well yeah.. I mean if Ed is her type then fine. But Reid isn't her type? That's just crazy!

And I wouldn't classify Meredith's decision as bad, even if they didn't end up getting married.
    She knew he didn't want to get married but she picked him anyway and they didn't last. So I would classify it as a bad decision.

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3856501;
    Fleiss just committed suicide with that show. That's the type of show you do when you've cancelled the series.

Jesse, since people are talking about him, I think is a total flake. He's below mediocrity yet he thinks he's God's gift to women. He also has the worst hairstyle of any man in the show's history.

I disagree- there was nothing on that show that outed anything to the point that the average viewer would say "that's it, that's terrible, I'm never watching again". And with Jake's ratings the 3rd highest in the series history things are only looking just as good, if not better for Ali.

This show is relatively cheap to make - they rent the mansion, they don't pay the cast (or if they do it's minimal compared to the amount of advertizing dollars they generate for a 2 hr show), the location overnights are either comped or provided at a reduced rate in return for promotion. The lead is usually compensated in the low 6 figures area - which is peanuts.

I dont' see a scenario where this show is cancelled unless MF decides to pull the plug.

If this show wasn't so profitable it would've been yanked seasons ago.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3856606;
    Without opening up the Jake-Tenley physical-chemistry can of worms, Melissa's comment about attractiveness raises the question of whether it's possible to fall in love with somebody you aren't really physically attracted to, i.e., if the emotional-intellectual-spiritual components are so strong and so deep, the physical isn't that important.

There's still a lot of confusion over the fact Melissa knew she and Jason had already broken up when it looked as if she was "dumped on national tv" as if that's the most important point. The truth is the break-up didn't happen instantly after they got engaged and we've already heard they visited each other after they got engaged, big surprise.

Melissa was so upset because Jason confirmed he had been cheating on her while they were still engaged. She took what he said as the confirmation, because he said he was still in love with Molly, and Melissa said (in the email) she knew he'd been talking with her.

Melissa suddenly realized her worst suspicions (that Jason was actually seeing Molly, not just talking) were true. Most women have a visceral reaction when they find one they've been cheated on. The fact that they had already broken up isn't great enough to dismiss the feeling of having been cheated on while you were engaged.

The fact that Molly who supposedly hadn't seen Jason was suddenly so mysteriously ready to accept his proposal and jump back into his arms instantly supports the cheating allegation. Unless you think phone calls were good enough. (Jason didn't deny it in the email to Melissa.)

I believe Jason went on the show to find love and Melissa may have gone on for publicity, but that Melissa fell in love with Jason, yet he never fell in love with her. He fell for Molly, and made the bogus proposal to Melissa (as directed by Fleiss).

I suspect his agony at the balcony was knowing he was about to propose on purpose to a woman he didn't love knowing how cruel it was to lead her on knowing he was going to dump her soon, and that she didn't know about the scheme to break her heart.

Melissa never proposed to somebody whom she did not love, and didn't cheat on Jason; yet now I see she's getting treated as if her stated self-serving ambition to be on the show is some kind of moral equivalence!

Give me a ------- break!

P.S. If Jason was supposed to be a rebound guy for Melissa, what was Jake supposed to be for Tenley and Gia?

Did Melissa not have contact with Ty after getting engaged? Did Melissa not date Ty before going on the Bachelor? Did Melissa not state she was on a rebound from that breakup? Did Jason do anythig more than talk and contact Molly? If not then he is no more guilty than Melissa.
    I do not understand the hate...like Melissa said, they are all where they were suppose to be. The show puts a spin on normal human emotions. It is so easy to fall for a fantasy...only when they get back to reality does that fall apart. Very few manage to get it right and survive. All of them were victims.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3856447;
    Hollywood is full of these dorky guys and they always have some big bo*omed gal hanging on ther arms!

You're right in that they're not "mainstream dater" types at all. There was that 1 guy with the really big hair - OMG - he scared the heck out of me. Fleiss and Hinton were not much better, but somehow I kind of expected them to have that crazed pyscho kind of look and they sure didn't disappoint.
    Ahhhhh. That casting couch. I guess that explains why Rozlyn would give that chunky monkey producer the time of day ... He was kinda gross and, as goofy as Jake is, she had to have an agenda if she'd spend more time coming on to him than she did with Jake.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Pdilly1;3856644;
    Did Melissa not have contact with Ty after getting engaged? Did Melissa not date Ty before going on the Bachelor? Did Melissa not state she was on a rebound from that breakup? Did Jason do anythig more than talk and contact Molly? If not then he is no more guilty than Melissa.
    I do not understand the hate...like Melissa said, they are all where they were suppose to be. The show puts a spin on normal human emotions. It is so easy to fall for a fantasy...only when they get back to reality does that fall apart. Very few manage to get it right and survive. All of them were victims.
    If you read the emails, and put what was said the other night together with the inside info from reliable people within the cheerleader circle it looks like this:

Ty broke up with Melissa before Jason's season on the Bachelor. Melissa said Ty would not commit to her. She went on the show as a rebound. She did not particularly go to find someone to love. (My thought: We have said many, many times that most of them go for the adventure, so I won't condemn her for that one).

The way she describes it immediately relates to what we have called "being in the bubble". She said she was not attracted to Jason, but he was "The Bachelor." In other words, the competition which is what the season is based on - 25 women VIE for the Bachelor - was truly in effect.

Now, remember that she is telling it the other night in present tense, and we are watching it and reading the emails in past tense. She says she can hardly watch it.

In other words, now she doesn't feel anything or the exact opposite of what she felt that night. Obviously, at the time of the FRC she was right smack dab in the middle of the bubble.

She said she didn't know him. She hardly knew anything about him. She is being realistic now. She is saying in the present tense that outside of the bubble Jason is not someone she would have been attracted to in the sense of dating. However, on the show, she was not in her typical situation.

I had a very good inside source in the cheerleading circle. I know that for a while after the FRC Melissa was trying. I know that like the emails said she knew the relationship was basically gone, but she thought they were supposed to talk about it on the the filming of the ATFR. Molly was a surprise. She had asked him several times about being in contact with Molly, and he denied it every time.
    You see in the emails where she confronted him about Molly. He lied to her about Molly, and he apologizes to her about all of it.

He had been in touch with Molly. Read the emails.

When does Ty come in? She got in touch with Ty after the relationship with Jason completely fell apart.

Now, I think this is interesting! If we are going to get on Ed and Jake for cheating, then we had better throw Jason in there too because the proof is there in the emails that Jason cheated on Melissa by being in contact with Molly while he was engaged to Melissa!
    Last edited by Bloomers; 03-17-2010 at 12:15 PM.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

I think the main thrust of my disgust for Jason is not so much the fact that he dumped Melissa in front of the world AND denied that he had been in contact with Molly when in fact that he had been ... it's his "holier-than-thou" attitude. He seems like such a complete fake to me. When he assured Melissa that he had not been in contact with Molly when he actually was, that was obviously a lie. Molly pretended to be completely surprised when Jason asked if they could get back together, too. The two of them deserve each other. I think Jason manipulates situations to make himself look good; i.e., calling himself a "single dad," and now is "charitable organization" that he is spinning off to raise money by selling his wedding leftovers. He's just a little bit shady to me ... not vile, not evil, just a little bit shady.

I, too, have fallen "madly in love" with someone rather quickly, then gotten into a "serious relationship" with them -- only to find out very quickly that the relationship is a dud. I have then found myself to be completely repulsed by that person, almost overnight!

It happens constantly to many, many people. I do not find it surprising that Melissa could have fallen for Jason, removed herself from the situation, and now finds it difficult to watch herself as she squeals with glee when Jason proposes to her. Been there, done that. My only surprise is how gracious she is when she speaks of Jason -- she always manages to control her gag reflex, and even finds kind words. My hat is off to her!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3856664;
    .She said she didn't know him. She hardly knew anything about him. She is being realistic now. She is saying in the present tense that outside of the bubble Jason is not someone she would have been attracted to in the sense of dating. However, on the show, she was not in her typical situation
    This is precisely what my sister and I were discussing during the Jason season: When you remove all of the glitter and glam that ABC painted over this guy, you're left with a divorced insurance salesman who lives with his brother, who shares half-time custody of his son. When he's presented on the show, he's portrayed as a gold-covered prize wrapped in a shiny bow. He's really just an average joe.

FORT Newbie

Maybe I have a different belief in what is right and wrong. This has to do with morals.

When you say "Did Jason ever do anything except talk/contact Molly"

When you are engaged, or let's say married, it is not "OK" to contact, call, email, text, send snailmail to someone else you are chasing. Ok, one step further, it is not "OK" to chase someone when you ARE engaged or married. Or in Molly's case, it is not ok to chase someone that IS engaged or married.

Now, if you break off your relationship--Both parties having fully discussed and understand the break up, then OK to move on.

With that, Jason should not have been secretly cheating on Melissa, Molly should not have been secretly cheating with Jason (and maybe other men), they are both a little off in there rights and wrongs.
    Last edited by drme; 03-17-2010 at 12:50 PM.

Closed Thread