Closed Thread
Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Re: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Quote Originally Posted by drme;3855774;
    Putting all real deep level stuff aside, Melissa doesn't have to get over it. That does not make her a bad person. She doesn't have to have the desire to wish Jason and Molly well. Melissa was hurt --public broadcast. She did not want this--she could be happy about her life today--that does not mean that she should accept people that think it is ok to be cruel.
    Obviously Jason, but also Molly knew exactly what was going on. Jason got it for what he did. But people saying "why all the Molly bashing? Bashing is not good, discussing is. Come on--Molly you knew exactly what was taking place, you were secretly talking to Jason, you knew what was happening, what was going to happen.
    Kissing him a second after something crazy just happened--come on--this was not a surprise. Furthermore, I think it says a lot about the type of person Molly is.
    Malaney is perfectly matched with Mesnick. A marriage made in hell.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3856339;
    Are you kidding me?! Ali is a natural beauty - she would look great in a burlap sack. I also love her personality, so I'm biased. But she looked very pretty.
    Having said that, and I'm only saying this because you asked, but I was disappointed in some of the choices they showed. First of all, let me say that I am not gay, but I definitely notice women's clothing because I love women who look great in clothes (not sure that sounded right).
    Two things:
    1. With a girl like Ali, less is more. No, I'm not talking about smaller - I mean she's like Audrey Hepburn. The simple but elegant look is best because you don't want to draw the eye to the dress; you want the dress to frame the girl.
    There were some dresses with too many odd straps, or a big flower on her shoulder, etc. A strapless, fitted dress without a lot of layers and frills is the way to go with her.
    2. The dress they concentrated on most was a silver/grey evening gown that the designer loved. I thought it was all wrong. The dress was pretty but the color was not flattering. It is a well known fact in the fashion industry that blondes should not wear silver/grey tones*. They are better suited for black or gold (remember all the yellow things she wore last season - too many of them but they all looked good).
    I would love to pick out her wardrobe. I used to have this tie once that I hated, but every time I wore it, women complimented it. I mean every time. So I'm telling my friend at lunch how much I hate this tie but it was messing me up because of the compliments. He said, "it doesn't matter what you like - listen to them. It's what they think that matters."
    So, they need a guy helping her with her wardrobe.

* Okay, how do I know about the blonde/grey outfit thing. Because in the movie "Vertigo" Alfred Hitchcock was dead set on dressing his blonde female lead in a grey tailored suit and his costume designer fought him bitterly. It is known to wash out blondes. But Hitchcock was forecasting the darkness of the plot, and her impending death.
    So he won out, and it worked. But unless Ali is going to get tossed off a tower, she should ditch the grey dress.
    I totally agree with this statement and it's interesting that a guy (you do have good taste, sdl, elegant taste) would see this. Most guys like the "vavoom" (sp.?). Hope the dresser sees that Ali doesn't need alot of fluff and lets her stay true to herself.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

It's amazing how many people forget why Melissa was upset. Or that Molly was seeing Jason behind Melissa's back while they were still engaged. Does nobody remember the leaked emails and the entertainment news headline "Melissa of 'The Bachelor' Confirms: Leaked E-mails Are Real."

“So these emails that are circulating around all over the place, are these real emails?” Degeneres asked Rycroft.

“Unfortunately,” Rycroft said.

“That was right after we filmed that ‘After the Final Rose',” the 24-year-old Texas native continued. “I instigated it, and I go back and go, I wish I hadn't. I felt like I needed to apologize for getting that angry with him, but at the same time, I said: I hope you know why I got that mad.”

In the first of several e-mails, Melissa expresses her frustration to Jason following the taping of the "After the Rose" special (taped in mid-January), on which Jason appears to surprise Melissa by breaking off his engagement with her. Rycroft revealed that she knew the relationship was over, but what she did not know was that Mesnick was opting for a second chance at love with the previously dumped bachelorette Molly Malaney [whom he had been seeing behind her back while they were engaged].

“This was my way of saying: This is my closure,” Rycroft told Degeneres. “I was mad, I'm sorry, but this is it. Don't reply back.”

Mesnick did reply, expressing remorse but also claiming that his actions were “part of the deal” in his contract with ABC. Executive producer Mike Fleiss later came forward and insisted that while Mesnick may have “felt an obligation to the show […] there's no contractual obligation there. None.”

When asked if Jason had ever told the producer that he did not want to dump Melissa on camera, Fleiss said, “I never heard that.”

Compare that to what he's saying now. What a crock!

+

Sent Monday, January 19, 2009 From Melissa to Jason:

So last night didn't go NEAR how I thought. I didn't think I would be that angry (I'm not sure I've EVER been that angry to be honest with you….), but I'm sorry for how heated I got. At the same time though, I'm not. I still can't believe how you can't give reasons other than ‘It changed.'

In relationships (especially ones where commitments are involved), you FIGHT, you TRY, you COMMUNICATE to make things work. You know as well as I do that you didn't give 100% to me or the relationship. And I don't understand how you can walk away from something without giving it your all - but I am walking away knowing I did.

And getting confirmation about Molly in front of people like that was a complete classless move if you ask me - how could you do that to me after I repeatedly asked you about it??? I'm not stupid, I knew about Molly…knew you guys had been talking….and you lied to me about it. For you to choose to b e with someone who most of the girls in the house didn't get a long with, and bashed me when she left, then more power to you both. You owed it to me to tell me this before last night…and I can't believe you did that to me publicly. I can't even tell you how much respect I lost for you….but it makes this whole process from here on out much easier for me.

Please don't respond…I really just wanted to apologize for getting so angry last night - but I hope you understand why I did….

Sent Monday, January 19 2009 From Jason to Melissa:

The producers had a lot to do with it. I am so sorry. This is so horrible

Sent Monday, January 19, 2009 From Melissa to Jason:

(This coming from the man who told me not to trust producers…..) Then congratulations on being produced….but I don't believe you. You are a grown man, and perfectly capable of making your own decisions. Own your actions and stop blaming this process..

Sent Monday, January 19, 2009 From Jason to Melissa:

I wish we could have had that same conversation away from cameras. You are so right about feeling everything you do. I deserved everything you said. They really didn't want me to say anything to you until the cameras were there and you know that I couldn't do that. I tried and I hate what I have done to you. You don't deserve any of it at all. I wish there were more that I could say. Its just things really felt different and I didn't want to be thinking about her and wish I could control it. I want to take all of your pain away and put it on me. If you are talking about Karma, I slipped and fell and had a huge gash in my leg 3 inches wide and to the bone. I deserve so much worse for what I am doing to you.

-

So the emails she sent to family members who forwarded them without her approval she said back then were legit. Now she's saying she wasn't interested in Jason and not even attracted to him. That she went on the show to get Tye. Do you really believe that? I can't believe how many people are buying it in online forums. It's revisionist history.

Even if you believe she went on the show to make Tye want her, or just for publicity, it's irrelevant if she did in fact fall in love with Jason as SDL, RS, and others, including Melissa, said she did. You have to overlook her behavior at the proposal and many strong emotions since the proposal, including her extreme sadness at her future husband not being the first one to propose, "You took that away," and say it was all just acting.

Well, that's a bigger stretch as far as I'm concerned. Not to mention the fear in Jason's eyes when she showed up. If all these characters were such great actors, they would already have work in Hollywood instead of be looking for work or unemployed.

Why was Melissa complaining privately that Jason didn't try to make the relationship work if she didn't give a rat's behind?

Explain this, Melissa:

"In relationships (especially ones where commitments are involved), you FIGHT, you TRY, you COMMUNICATE to make things work. You know as well as I do that you didn't give 100% to me or the relationship. And I don't understand how you can walk away from something without giving it your all - but I am walking away knowing I did."
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

FORT sun

I remember I really wanted Firestone to marry Jen. Then after that, I really didn't expect anyone to make it. The villian vs the good guy has been done to death. Too many dates in California, too many Texans... Need more exotic dates, and men from Canada, Alaska, the Midwest. Ali's wardrobe, hopefully, reflects a young energetic and bright personality. I don't like the flannel shirt and rolled up jeans....boring.. Jillian had some bright outfits . I liked her wardrobe. I really hope they do not try to make Ali look TOO sophicated. More like Doris Day...bright and feminine. Witty.

Quote Originally Posted by eclark;3856542;
    Ali's wardrobe, hopefully, reflects a young energetic and bright personality. I don't like the flannel shirt and rolled up jeans....boring.. Jillian had some bright outfits . I liked her wardrobe. I really hope they do not try to make Ali look TOO sophicated. More like Doris Day...bright and feminine. Witty.
    I agree I hope they don't try to glam her up too much. She has very small delicate features. To much makeup and too big hair and she's going to look like a drag queen. As Michael Scott would say," Keep it simple, stupid!"

Quote Originally Posted by quietlurker;3856045;
    7. I believe we have been given the truth now about the whole Melissa Jason thing from MF. I believe Melissa knew right after leaving NZ it wasnt going to work out with Jason, but still had some hope of working things out. She knew before the ATFR2 that they were going to publically break up on that show. I do believe Melissa, that she did not know that Jason was going to go into the whole Molly thing on the same show after just breaking up with her or announcing they were split, and then playing out the whole 'molly.. will you give me another chance please..." bit.

I believe it was MF's idea to air the break up on television, the AFTR2, BUT I believe it was indeed Jason that wanted to admit that he was in love with Molly and publically ask Molly for another chance on TV.

We live in the same city as Jason and Molly. We've heard through some friends, (yes, we all know how this hearsay goes...) that basically its been said that Molly was so humiliated and PO'd at Melissa being chosen as the F1, getting the royal treatment of being the F1, and all the fanfare goes along with being the F1 and that when Jason began contacting her (before he and Melissa personally broke up) and they agreed to start over and be together, Molly felt it wasnt fair, and demanded that jason make it up to her, as well as prove his intentions for her, and to do that it was decided that to make it right, Jason was to come out with everything on television, including 'asking her to give him another chance' so that they could then publically 'begin' their relationship and that she'd get all the perks or whatever of being the F1 that Molly felt she should have had or 'won' in the first place.

I'm happy that Jason and Molly are happy, and married now. I just wish that they maybe had chosen another route for Jason to 'make it up' to her or to 'prove' his intentions. Though, I cant blame Molly for being leery of Jason's wishy washy ways, and being hurt for all that he put her through.
    This is so very easy for me to believe about Molly. And I already did not have a high opinion of Jason nor his actions.

CharmOffensive comes up with different conclusions than mine about the verified emails between Melissa and Jason, and Melissa's comments on the 20/20 program. But I don't have time to elaborate at the moment.

Someone needs to tell Molly that if someone will cheat WITH you, they will most likely cheat ON you, unless they have a significant moral change. It's really disgusting to me that Jason and Molly got the excessive freebies of the televised wedding, after that whole fiasco. If they had had any sense, they would have gone for non-televised with some light media coverage a la photos and interviews. It will be interesting to see if they (ever) try to make it in the real world without using their relationship as the main meal ticket.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by sonyab1974;3856055;
    Yeah I was going to say something about how women aren't great decision makers either but decided not to. But then you come along and take the words right outta my mouth ROFL! Yes nobody is perfect and don't make great decision sometimes.
    As much as I personally thought Reid was a way better catch than Ed, and at the time couldn't believe she would pick Ed, clearly Jill seems to be very happy with her pick, he apparently is her type, and she plans on marrying him, so although she didn't make the decision I would have made, it appears she made the right decision for her. Which of course if the most important thing, and so I would classify her decision as a good one. Obviously same for Trista. And I wouldn't classify Meredith's decision as bad, even if they didn't end up getting married. So really I do feel the women have had a way better track record than the men

Without opening up the Jake-Tenley physical-chemistry can of worms, Melissa's comment about attractiveness raises the question of whether it's possible to fall in love with somebody you aren't really physically attracted to, i.e., if the emotional-intellectual-spiritual components are so strong and so deep, the physical isn't that important.

There's still a lot of confusion over the fact Melissa knew she and Jason had already broken up when it looked as if she was "dumped on national tv" as if that's the most important point. The truth is the break-up didn't happen instantly after they got engaged and we've already heard they visited each other after they got engaged, big surprise.

Melissa was so upset because Jason confirmed he had been cheating on her while they were still engaged. She took what he said as the confirmation, because he said he was still in love with Molly, and Melissa said (in the email) she knew he'd been talking with her.

Melissa suddenly realized her worst suspicions (that Jason was actually seeing Molly, not just talking) were true. Most women have a visceral reaction when they find one they've been cheated on. The fact that they had already broken up isn't great enough to dismiss the feeling of having been cheated on while you were engaged.

The fact that Molly who supposedly hadn't seen Jason was suddenly so mysteriously ready to accept his proposal and jump back into his arms instantly supports the cheating allegation. Unless you think phone calls were good enough. (Jason didn't deny it in the email to Melissa.)

I believe Jason went on the show to find love and Melissa may have gone on for publicity, but that Melissa fell in love with Jason, yet he never fell in love with her. He fell for Molly, and made the bogus proposal to Melissa (as directed by Fleiss).

I suspect his agony at the balcony was knowing he was about to propose on purpose to a woman he didn't love knowing how cruel it was to lead her on knowing he was going to dump her soon, and that she didn't know about the scheme to break her heart.

Melissa never proposed to somebody whom she did not love, and didn't cheat on Jason; yet now I see she's getting treated as if her stated self-serving ambition to be on the show is some kind of moral equivalence!

Give me a ------- break!

P.S. If Jason was supposed to be a rebound guy for Melissa, what was Jake supposed to be for Tenley and Gia?

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3856529;

Why was Melissa complaining privately that Jason didn't try to make the relationship work if she didn't give a rat's behind?

"[/I][/B]
    That's exactly what confused me - in the 20/20 interview she said that she didn't even feel like calling him, didn't know much about him, had nothing in common. Yet in those e-mails she says she fought to make it work. Perhaps she fought for it even though she knew it wasn't going to work? who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Midol;3856006;
    You're not the only one...When I was watching I thought she looked better now than when she was on the shows...Don't know if she had anything done but it seemed to me as if she had lost some weight (maybe because of all the stress). I know people whose face seems to get tight when they are stressed out. She looked very pretty ... same for Merri.
    I’m not really good at this, but the 2 most obvious things I see are the eye brow lift and the nose job – I’m sure there are other folks who can spot other differences.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Closed Thread