Closed Thread
Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Re: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

OK, I know DeAnna isn't popular here on Fort and people think she's a big ol' famewhore too, but I like her. I noticed her tweets about the 20/20 special, seems clear to me that she's referring to Jesse:

Someone asked why she didn't talk to Jesse anymore, she replied: "things just didn't end on a good note with me & him. There's a lot of pain & anger there that no one knows about"

"Loved the nicknames they dubbed for the people who they cast.....The Opportunist Go figure"

Someone asked her, "Hi Deanna, I hadn't pegged Jesse as an opportunist until I saw the special. Do you think that was a fair portrayal?" and she replied with a simple "yes."

There is a new interview with her at haveuheard.net, I think she's referring to Jesse in this answer without actually saying his name.

Q: Do you think Steven is the one?

DeAnna: I do. We have a wonderful relationship, we have a wonderful understanding. He makes me happy. He’s with me because of me. He’s not with me because of fame or money or the bachelorette or anything. He’s with me because of who I am. It makes such a difference in the relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;3856376;
    OK, I know DeAnna isn't popular here on Fort and people think she's a big ol' famewhore too, but I like her. I noticed her tweets about the 20/20 special, seems clear to me that she's referring to Jesse:

Someone asked why she didn't talk to Jesse anymore, she replied: "things just didn't end on a good note with me & him. There's a lot of pain & anger there that no one knows about"

"Loved the nicknames they dubbed for the people who they cast.....The Opportunist Go figure"

Someone asked her, "Hi Deanna, I hadn't pegged Jesse as an opportunist until I saw the special. Do you think that was a fair portrayal?" and she replied with a simple "yes."

There is a new interview with her at haveuheard.net, I think she's referring to Jesse in this answer without actually saying his name.

Q: Do you think Steven is the one?

DeAnna: I do. We have a wonderful relationship, we have a wonderful understanding. He makes me happy. He’s with me because of me. He’s not with me because of fame or money or the bachelorette or anything. He’s with me because of who I am. It makes such a difference in the relationship.
    Jesse did go on The Bachelorette for promotion there is no denying that. Others on that season did the same thing. The one guy that stands out for me is Graham Bunn. The difference is that Jesse was opened to and DID fall in love. IMO Graham was there solely for self-promotion and definitely wasn't looking for love. I wonder why DeAnna did the show? Nevermind I think I know the answer. BTW, where does she live now?

I thought the show was great! Loved seeing some of the old proposals/scenes, etc. OMG Fleiss should never come out in front of the camera ever again! I guess I never realized how "big" the series is (I hate South Park) and that it is going on 8 years now. Trista & Ryan, almost 7 years married. Glad that Brad's season seemed to bring more fans to the show. I missed the London and Paris seasons and didn't watch Charlie's, since it seemed they were "cheaping out" by taping in NY (like Jen's season) and the exotic dates were disappearing at that time...not to mention that he was an actor. If I remember correctly, we were bombarded with season after season & I just needed a break, then I find out that Charlie's series was a good one. He & Sarah are cute together with their dogs. I hope they stay together, whether or not they marry. Looking forward to Ali's season, I just hope they don't "glam" her up too much. She is so pretty, even in the simplest clothes. I am one of the few (if not the only!) one who loved her F4 elimination dress. (Sorry for the random, scattered thoughts... )

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine305;3856396;
    Jesse did go on The Bachelorette for promotion there is no denying that. Others on that season did the same thing. The one guy that stands out for me is Graham Bunn. The difference is that Jesse was opened to and DID fall in love. IMO Graham was there solely for self-promotion and definitely wasn't looking for love. I wonder why DeAnna did the show? Nevermind I think I know the answer. BTW, where does she live now?
    I think what DeAnna is hinting at is that Jesse wasn't really in love with her, he was in love with the fame and good things that came with being part of the Bachelor franchise. She realized she was being used, and Holly figured out the same thing. Their similar experience with him is a big reason why they bonded. He's done a good job of milking the bar/club/party hosting circuit, he seems to look at everything as a stepping stone to something bigger. I admire his ability to hustle non-stop for the next gig, but it'd be so exhausting to be in a relationship with someone like that.

I want to know if Jesse told DeAnna about the girlfriend back home before or after he proposed. Holly confirmed that Jesse girlfriend rumor was true on twitter back when the whole "Wes has a girlfriend" scandal was the big story, but I am still curious about when De knew the whole story. That is the sort of gossip they should have covered on the 20/20 special.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine305;3856396;
    Really? Graham went on for promotion? Of what? I'd read that producers hounded him to be on the show and even went after him even after the deadline for applicants had passed. What did he promote? His charity that helps women and children all over the world? He's dating a soap star yet I see her tweeting about going to red carpet events with her girlfriends. For the most part, he seems to be hiding from the limelight. The only thing he truly seems interested in is basketball ... and his charity which really seems to be doing quite well.

Yes, I think we heard it on FORT first that Jesse had a girlfriend when he went on the show. He fell for DeAnna in some way or another but the whole relationship cannot be based on promotion and trying to get a reality show (the guys in the house said he bragged about being there for his sponsors and to get his own show) ... AND, he was so devastated by DeAnna leaving him that he got on youtube with a sob filled announcement to fans while he was already calling Holly Durst putting the moves on her within TWO DAYS of DeAnna leaving.

Where is DeAnna living now? I believe she is in an apartment in the greater LA area. She has a really nice, upstanding guy from a closeknit family that is a lot like her own. Not sure she will ever get another TV job but I think she is more satisfied with Stephen than anything else. What is Jesse doing? He's still hanging on to his experience from the show. He's buddying up with every subsequent 'graduating class' from the franchise. He's makng a living from these 'reunions.' He's doing the pub crawl with guys/gals from the newer seasons - as though people across the country really will come out just to see him. I think what he is doing now is who he really is. I think what DeAnna is doing now is who she really is (cooking for friends, playing board games and hanging out with family). She seems happy. I hope he is.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3856200;
    Hitting in a relationship is wrong regardless of who is doing the hitting. Technically it is still domestic violence even if she's the one doing it. If the situation were turned around and he was drunk and took a swing at her resulting in a bloody lip he would have been crucified.
    Yup! I agree with you 100%! She needs to get help if she hasn't already.

I didn't see the movie, but the bolded part really does sound like Reid to me! Maybe the Bach franchise should start a matchmaking segment for cast members from different shows. (I know Reid is involved with someone right now, but I don't think that relationship is gonna go the distance.) I can see Reid and Ali together!
    I think that's a great idea! They could even allow viewers write in and be set up on dates with cast members. I would be curious to see if anyone would want to go on a date with Bob or Wes! I'll bet it would bring out some rather colorful viewers, to say the least. Maybe they could bring in Ellen as sort a guest judge on the dates since she watches the show.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenGuyWing;3855848;
    I hear you! I had never experienced that feeling of having my skin crawl until last night. It was like Fleece was sitting across from me in my living room. And every hair on my head was standing at attention. His comment about when people cried being the marker of their sincerity on the show, hit me in an odd way. Almost like that was his marker of success period. That perhaps subconsciously (I am giving him the benefit of the doubt here) that's his aim. Shudder. If you looked at his lips closely, you could almost hear him whisper 'mealticket" when gushing over Trista.

When the camera panned to the production group as a whole, I could not help but notice that most of the men struck me as well, probably not 'mainstream daters'. Sorry! I can't think of any other way of putting it!
    It was all reminiscent of a science experiment by the geeks using the cool kids in high school and making sure they 'paid' for their success. Twisted as anything
    I still can't get my head around why the women who are involved with the show, well, are! Any ideas anyone?!

The highlight of the show for me: ABC calling Fleece in a panic "They aren't falling in love!" as if that was something that could be controlled. Oh, wait I forgot, it can!
    Hollywood is full of these dorky guys and they always have some big bo*omed gal hanging on ther arms!

You're right in that they're not "mainstream dater" types at all. There was that 1 guy with the really big hair - OMG - he scared the heck out of me. Fleiss and Hinton were not much better, but somehow I kind of expected them to have that crazed pyscho kind of look and they sure didn't disappoint.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 03-17-2010 at 02:45 AM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Loved the 20/20 show. Loved that the producers were honest in terms of what they are trying to do...as Fleiss said, it's a sweet show about humans and emotion...but it also tv. No if's, and's, or but's about it. That is why they are there. They cast and stage accordingly.

Love Brad Womack and Jason for their honesty...even if a couple of girls' egos were bruised in the end. They were unfairly villainized IMO.

I seem to like all the bachelorettes, but Trista remains my favorite followed by Deanna and Jillian.

Glad to see people finding love in the end - even if it isn't with their Bachelor partners. I hope Jason and Molly work out long-term. I have a bad feeling about them, but I could be wrong.

It seems unlikely that Charlie will ever marry Sarah. If he wanted to, they'd be down the aisle by now. Something is up, but I can't tell if it's on Charlie's end or Sarah's or maybe both.

Anyway, the 20/20 show confirmed that the show is as real as staged reality gets. They cast for people who will make good tv, and I'm sure they reshoot scenes and encourgage the cast to say/do certain things, but in the end, these are real people, and we are seeing real emotions, I think.

Fleiss just committed suicide with that show. That's the type of show you do when you've cancelled the series.

Jesse, since people are talking about him, I think is a total flake. He's below mediocrity yet he thinks he's God's gift to women. He also has the worst hairstyle of any man in the show's history.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

Closed Thread