Closed Thread
Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

FORT Fan

Re: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

I thought last night's show was a complete waste of time. Didn't really tell us anything we didn't know and it was nothing more than a rehash of past seasons. Brad is still a dolt and comes across as clueless. And Melissa? Couldn't bear to watch her on Jason's season and the same now. Too much fluff. Of course she's going to say she wasn't in love with Jason, what else could she say? Newly married and gonna say she loved the guy?
    MF is a complete creep. I honestly don't what he was doing on the show.
    Not sure how his presence can have anything but a negative effect on the franchise.
    Sarah should run fast as Mary should have. Charlie and Byron are not the marrying kind. They've had ample opportunity to get married.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;3856037;
    We gals don't tend to be great decision makers either. We do like the guys too. We live and learn.
    Yeah I was going to say something about how women aren't great decision makers either but decided not to. But then you come along and take the words right outta my mouth ROFL! Yes nobody is perfect and don't make great decision sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by InsideOut;3856046;
    I agree -- Mary looked better on the show last night than when she was on the show 4 years ago. I think it's because her hair is now longer and darker, and she was wearing it in a more "sleek" style than when she was on the show. She was also wearing different eye makeup -- eyeliner on the bottom, which I don't remember her wearing before, either.

She is obviously still in love with Byron. However, as earnest as she was when she declared she was "only drinking water," I find it hard to believe that she was arrested for being disorderly in a bar. I've seen people lit 3 sheets to the wind, acting insanely crazy and drunk in a bar, and no one pays much attention until or unless it gets extremely out of control. Cops are usually called in as a last resort. Either she's not telling the truth about her drinking, or she's a wildcat even when sober. The story didn't add up.

Other than Mary and Estella, I thought the majority of the past Bachelorettes who were interviewed on the show last night looked MUCH older. I was quite surprised at how much a few of them have aged -- some of them were barely recognizeable to me they have changed so much. I think it's the different hair colors and styles that have aged most of them. Not quite sure -- can't quite put my finger on it.
    Like I said I didn't watch the whole show. Just bits and pieces as I cruised through to other shows I was watching. So I probably didn't catch everyone but the ones I saw appeared to be aging not very well.

and finally 8... the whole Mary and Byron dilema.. Personally, I think he looked like a crazed maniac in the interview, and he seemed to be really part of the problem between he and Mary. I remember reading all the tabloid stuf about their fight. To me, it wasnt a serious fight. Mary is all of what, 95 pounds maybe? He is what, 180?? Seriously, what guy calls up 911 to get 'medical help' and to find out 'why am i bleeding all over'?? He called up to tattle on her, to get her into trouble, whatever. She was probably really POd, lost her control, and struck him.
    I don't know if you've ever been around anyone who's drunk but they can be incredibly strong. I was almost in a car accident when I was young because someone pulled the wheel to try to run it off the road. I've heard that Mary has a drinking problem so perhaps this is just the tip of the iceberg. There gets to be a point that you have to walk away and I think that's what Byron did. He was probably in denial himself. I don't think he came across very well last night either though.

The only thing I wish they'd shown was more of my favorites. They could have cut Bob and most of Estella's time.

Hitting in a relationship is wrong regardless of who is doing the hitting. Technically it is still domestic violence even if she's the one doing it. If the situation were turned around and he was drunk and took a swing at her resulting in a bloody lip he would have been crucified.

OT: are Mike Fleiss and Heidi Fleiss related? They're both very difficult to look at IMO, so I thought they might have some genes in common....

Do not believe that Molly had Jason "make it up to her" by dumping Melissa on tv, so she could reap the benefits of F1. Jason realized after spending time with Melissa it wasn't going to work. Jason & Molly did it the right way, moving back to their respective homes & commuting alternate weeks to see each other, then after months of dating, Molly moving to Seattle & finding a job. Molly could have reaped way more benefits if she accepted " The Bachorette" which was offered to her. It's apparent that Melissa is still upset by being dumped, she needs to get over it.
    Also thought Tanya F from Bryon's season looked really old with the dark short hair, & that Mary looked very beautiful but very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by boomerang;3856254;
    OT: are Mike Fleiss and Heidi Fleiss related? They're both very difficult to look at IMO, so I thought they might have some genes in common....
    It was answered upthread a while ago. They are second cousins.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso;3856052;
    I thought last night's show was a complete waste of time. Didn't really tell us anything we didn't know and it was nothing more than a rehash of past seasons. Brad is still a dolt and comes across as clueless. And Melissa? Couldn't bear to watch her on Jason's season and the same now. Too much fluff. Of course she's going to say she wasn't in love with Jason, what else could she say? Newly married and gonna say she loved the guy?
    MF is a complete creep. I honestly don't what he was doing on the show.
    Not sure how his presence can have anything but a negative effect on the franchise.
    Sarah should run fast as Mary should have. Charlie and Byron are not the marrying kind. They've had ample opportunity to get married.
    I don't have a problem with Melissa but basically agree with everything you said. I don't think Charlie is a catch. He's starting to look like Sarah's daddy instead of her boyfriend. Byron and Mary should have married long ago if they were going to be married. She needs some therapy, some self-esteem and a new lease on life.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3856042;
    sdl, I wondered what you thought of Ali in her new duds? I'm glad she's listening to her wardrobe consultant. She told him "I don't really have a style. I'm kind of a tomboy". He said he told her "you may do that at home, but with me you're going to be hot, sexy and sophisticated." (it was something to that effect) I loved her dresses. She certainly cleans up well. Since you are a guy, I would like your opinion on how she will look.
    Are you kidding me?! Ali is a natural beauty - she would look great in a burlap sack. I also love her personality, so I'm biased. But she looked very pretty.
    Having said that, and I'm only saying this because you asked, but I was disappointed in some of the choices they showed. First of all, let me say that I am not gay, but I definitely notice women's clothing because I love women who look great in clothes (not sure that sounded right).
    Two things:
    1. With a girl like Ali, less is more. No, I'm not talking about smaller - I mean she's like Audrey Hepburn. The simple but elegant look is best because you don't want to draw the eye to the dress; you want the dress to frame the girl.
    There were some dresses with too many odd straps, or a big flower on her shoulder, etc. A strapless, fitted dress without a lot of layers and frills is the way to go with her.
    2. The dress they concentrated on most was a silver/grey evening gown that the designer loved. I thought it was all wrong. The dress was pretty but the color was not flattering. It is a well known fact in the fashion industry that blondes should not wear silver/grey tones*. They are better suited for black or gold (remember all the yellow things she wore last season - too many of them but they all looked good).
    I would love to pick out her wardrobe. I used to have this tie once that I hated, but every time I wore it, women complimented it. I mean every time. So I'm telling my friend at lunch how much I hate this tie but it was messing me up because of the compliments. He said, "it doesn't matter what you like - listen to them. It's what they think that matters."
    So, they need a guy helping her with her wardrobe.

* Okay, how do I know about the blonde/grey outfit thing. Because in the movie "Vertigo" Alfred Hitchcock was dead set on dressing his blonde female lead in a grey tailored suit and his costume designer fought him bitterly. It is known to wash out blondes. But Hitchcock was forecasting the darkness of the plot, and her impending death.
    So he won out, and it worked. But unless Ali is going to get tossed off a tower, she should ditch the grey dress.

Closed Thread